: Those that have replaced the stockers with the Hankooks

Kadonny
07-01-10, 02:31 PM
What pressure are you running them? I remember a few months ago some saying if you throw a few more lbs psi into them they become a little more responsive.

I just ordered a set to put on my 09V.

Thanks.

jwa999
07-01-10, 03:22 PM
I'm running them at 38lbs cold messured at over 90f.
When i got them at first, i started at 35lbs, they felt kind of funny and lowered to 32lbs. After breaking them in i upped the pressure again.
The funny feeling came in fast lane changes at high speed. Tires seem to give a lot of push back that gave a very unsettling feeling. Lowering the pressure fixed that. After a few hunderd miles and hard braking in, the pushback stopped.
I have the same problem in the porsche. Have to run the back tires 3lbs below normal otherwise the steering seems to have a mind of it's own.

gnxs
07-01-10, 05:12 PM
I'm running them at 38lbs cold messured at over 90f.
When i got them at first, i started at 35lbs, they felt kind of funny and lowered to 32lbs. After breaking them in i upped the pressure again.
The funny feeling came in fast lane changes at high speed. Tires seem to give a lot of push back that gave a very unsettling feeling. Lowering the pressure fixed that. After a few hunderd miles and hard braking in, the pushback stopped.
I have the same problem in the porsche. Have to run the back tires 3lbs below normal otherwise the steering seems to have a mind of it's own.
I had the same problem when I put the Nitto INVO's on my "V".....all of a sudden the car wasn't nearly as composed making high speed lane changes.

Either the tires have settled in and they're working better or I've just gotten used to it.......not sure which.

Kadonny
07-01-10, 06:22 PM
Good stuff, thanks. I'll see how they react at the stock pressure, I think the dealer usually sets them at 32 or 33.

tbss08
07-01-10, 07:29 PM
Just had mine put on yesterday. I tried the pressure at 58 and they felt weird. I next put them at 35 and they still felt strange. I ended up at 32 and they feel good. I've only put about 25 miles on them but so far I like them.

AZstar
07-02-10, 11:15 AM
I'm running them at 32psi. I haven't notice a difference in responsiveness, but they are definitely not as grippy as the stock tires. These tires break loose with anything more than mild throttle input. If you like burning rubber, they're great.

odla
07-02-10, 02:00 PM
how are these in the rain?

neuronbob
07-02-10, 05:59 PM
Sigh. It sounds like these are not suitable substitutes for the PS2s. :( I was hoping for better reports, given the nice price for these and given the Car and Driver approval (on a different car). I'd better start putting a little into the kitty for PS2 replacements....

CVP33
07-02-10, 06:07 PM
I'm running them at 32psi. I haven't notice a difference in responsiveness, but they are definitely not as grippy as the stock tires. These tires break loose with anything more than mild throttle input. If you like burning rubber, they're great.

I had the same experience on my SRT8. They really didn't have the lateral or straight line (launch) grip of Toyo's or Vredesteins.

mbshoe
07-03-10, 12:13 PM
I've had them for 9 months and 15,000 miles. I'm an aggressive driver on the twisty roads, but I don't track the car. The do have slightly less grip, but the only place I have noticed is heavy breaking into a turn. I've had the ABS kick in when the fronts start to lose grip. The ps2's never did that to me. Rain handling this winter was as good as the ps2's. The Hankooks are going to last 25k miles, but the ps2's lasted only 15. For me, given my needs, I'd buy the Hankooks again given the price and shorter life of the ps2's.

roarkb
07-08-10, 11:07 PM
I have a couple thousand miles on them. They are good in the rain, seem to handle good. Have not pressed them as hard as the PS2s yet, but have a 1.1g turn on them. They give more feed back than the PS2s did. This may become advantageous at the drag strip. As they make more noise when they are spinning than the PS2s did. It will be easier to use sound to aid in getting the car hooked up on the takeoff. The PS2s a lot of time would just go up in smoke with almost no noise.

The tire sidewall does not protect the rim as good as the PS2s did. This could result in more curb rash if not careful.

I am happy with the tires and would purchase them again. I have a new CAI and $500 left vs the PS2s.

Razorecko
07-08-10, 11:19 PM
Muahahahaha

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/197/re11w.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/re11w.jpg/)