: Just another Proud V Owner

GizmoQ
07-01-10, 12:42 AM
I have been trying to hold off with this till the Chicago V meet in August, but I just can't resist anymore.

I pulled into a gas station on my way to Chicago last weekend and pulled way up past the pumps cause I saw an STS-V just on the other side of the same pumps. As I get out, I notice the STS owner (Tall, 40ish, well-dressed, Caucasian man looked like he was headed out golfing) with pump in hand. So I lean around the pump to look at his V where I know he can see my long hair and beard. "Nice car," I say feigning being extremely impressed. He immediately stands up a little taller, pokes out his chest and replies in a condescending manner, "Why yes, thank you."

Then he looks around to my car and totally deflates, tail between his legs, and with his head down, staring at his gas cap, says, "Not as nice as yours...." "Thanks," I say all perky, and go back to minding my own business (about to explode with laughter).

I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing in his face. Once he left, I let out a guffaw of a laugh that startled every one at the station. I had a BIG grin on my face all day.

MY NEW TOY:

Stingroo
07-01-10, 01:41 AM
That thing is beautiful! Literally one of my all time dream cars.

You still have the Eldo?

GizmoQ
07-01-10, 02:25 AM
That thing is beautiful! Literally one of my all time dream cars.

You still have the Eldo?

Yeah, we're rearranging the engine compartment to move the power steering and fit the supercharger. It should be back together in time to park the new beast for the winter.

Stingroo
07-01-10, 03:31 AM
Whoa whoa... say what? :o

OffThaHorseCEO
07-01-10, 12:10 PM
that was just mean to shatter that mans confidence like that.

we're supposed to stick together, just because you two have different styles doesnt mean youre enemies. you both have good tastes. even if i was in an XLR-V i would complimented the STS-V and meant it.

(the STS-V has more power dontcha know)

thats a nice v though, what year is it?

GizmoQ
07-01-10, 01:12 PM
that was just mean to shatter that mans confidence like that.

we're supposed to stick together, just because you two have different styles doesnt mean youre enemies. you both have good tastes. even if i was in an XLR-V i would complimented the STS-V and meant it.

(the STS-V has more power dontcha know)

thats a nice v though, what year is it?

I initiated the conversation as a "mutual respect" complimentt, he turned the tables, not me.

Its an 06.

OffThaHorseCEO
07-01-10, 01:30 PM
I initiated the conversation as a "mutual respect" complimentt, he turned the tables, not me.

Its an 06.
yea i guess youre right.

i thought those fender vents didnt come on the XLR-V's until the 09+ models

Lord Cadillac
08-10-10, 12:32 PM
Wow! Very nice! Congratulations! :)

whisler151
08-10-10, 04:25 PM
Why doesn't it have V wheels? Those are the standard XLR wheels.

Not a fan of the 2009 XLR vents...but congrats none the less.

GizmoQ
08-10-10, 08:24 PM
Because I have 20's on my Eldorado and I bend one every 3-4 months. Didn't want that with this car so yeah I got the 18s.

whisler151
08-10-10, 08:44 PM
Because I have 20's on my Eldorado and I bend one every 3-4 months. Didn't want that with this car so yeah I got the 18s.

:confused:

Is it really a V or did someone just add the front lower grill and glue on '09 vents and '06 V badges? Funny enough, that would be cheaper than getting the correct wheels. Those 235's on the rear are not good. At least get some more rubber back there. :thumbsup:

GizmoQ
08-10-10, 10:53 PM
Thought the same thing when I saw it. Looked up the VIN and the dealer sent me a repair history and build sheet to confirm - its a V alright. Hooked up with another V this weekend and we stayed neck and neck.

Burnt those off the first month. Got 255 45ZR18 now.

ccclarke
08-11-10, 01:46 AM
Thought the same thing when I saw it. Looked up the VIN and the dealer sent me a repair history and build sheet to confirm - its a V alright. Hooked up with another V this weekend and we stayed neck and neck.

Burnt those off the first month. Got 255 45ZR18 now.

Why go to all the trouble to have a dealer tell you what kind of car you bought?!! Just look under the hood, at the gauge cluster, the sill plates . . . . WTF?

CC

harrower
08-13-10, 01:57 PM
Yeah, we're rearranging the engine compartment to move the power steering and fit the supercharger. It should be back together in time to park the new beast for the winter.

Why would you move the power steering and fit the supercharger? That should have been done at Bowling Green.

GizmoQ
08-13-10, 02:31 PM
Why would you move the power steering and fit the supercharger? That should have been done at Bowling Green.

That reference was to changes on the Eldorado.

Giz

cvettr/cts-v
08-13-10, 03:01 PM
Very nice, congrats.

marc1255boats
08-20-10, 04:32 PM
Wow, a fake V!!

cad08stsv
10-31-10, 05:05 PM
Marc,
Give the man a break. I would hope it is real. Looks good anyway. I like the XLR V, I have an 08 STS V lots of mods. getting faster all the time.
The XLR V looks like a fun car to drive. The dealer won't let me take the one and only one he has out for a test drive. I guess he can tell I just
want to go for a ride (Fast). Have a great day.Good luck in your projects.
Russell

GizmoQ
10-31-10, 08:25 PM
Marc,
Give the man a break.

Have a great day.Good luck in your projects.
Russell

Thanx Russell, I knew there would be haters since the car looks all mixed-up. I figured I'm going to mod the hell out of it anyway so as long as all the Vin#s matched, I'm good.

New wheels ordered - 18" Chrome Z06.

New waterfall being modded for CarPC.

Waiting for winter to add "go fast" parts! I'm having too much fun now driving the wheels of her.

Marvin

Lord Cadillac
11-08-10, 09:11 PM
I know the car is going to be insane when you're done with it. How far will you be by the Chicago Auto Show? I should be there again....

Thanx Russell, I knew there would be haters since the car looks all mixed-up. I figured I'm going to mod the hell out of it anyway so as long as all the Vin#s matched, I'm good.

New wheels ordered - 18" Chrome Z06.

New waterfall being modded for CarPC.

Waiting for winter to add "go fast" parts! I'm having too much fun now driving the wheels of her.

Marvin

GizmoQ
11-09-10, 12:35 AM
I know the car is going to be insane when you're done with it. How far will you be by the Chicago Auto Show? I should be there again....

When I first got the car I named it FireFox, my friends call it dysleXic. I should be pretty well done by the Auto Show (fingers crossed for no snow), but you know my policy - if it looks like it might snow anytime that weekend, my cars stay home.

This year I will try to hitch a ride with Jesda if that happens. I missed hanging out with you guys last year cause the Census had me so busy then. This year I don't have that excuse. Looking forward to it, maybe I can get a few other XLR owners to join us if the weather's nice.

Lord Cadillac
11-09-10, 10:44 AM
Sounds good. I hope to see you there! And I hope I'm there as well. :p Too bad we'll definitely be missing one guy for sure... :(

When I first got the car I named it FireFox, my friends call it dysleXic. I should be pretty well done by the Auto Show (fingers crossed for no snow), but you know my policy - if it looks like it might snow anytime that weekend, my cars stay home.

This year I will try to hitch a ride with Jesda if that happens. I missed hanging out with you guys last year cause the Census had me so busy then. This year I don't have that excuse. Looking forward to it, maybe I can get a few other XLR owners to join us if the weather's nice.

KEGGER1454
12-19-10, 04:17 PM
wow nice ride

GizmoQ
12-19-10, 07:38 PM
wow nice ride

Thanks, looking better every day now. Got new lights, modding headlight housings, and new shoes.