: Announcement to ALL

Krug Ford
06-30-10, 05:57 PM
To all of you guy that have done business with me Thank You. To all those waiting to do business with me... We will stay in touch in the next week.

AS OF Today 6-30-2010 Superior Cadillac GMC will not be a Cadillac or GM dealership. This was GM decision with the owners of the dealership. We were always in the top 10 every month. GM has lost a bunch of hard working people at this dealership. So I will be selling Cadillacs through other dealerships that I have a great relationship with and I will be able to get more cars and still have great prices..

If you would like to get a new 2010 or 2011 CTS-V or V- Coupe..

PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL DIRECTLY..
810-225-1228

There is a bunch of great deals going on now.

thatcoder
06-30-10, 06:08 PM
Scott. I never had the pleasure to work with you, but this is really sad news.

aburd
06-30-10, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the awesome experience last April with my 09. Has still been the best car purchasing experience ever.

Good luck Scott.
Burd

MReiland
06-30-10, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear about that Scott.

concorso
06-30-10, 08:20 PM
It boggles my mind that we can lose such a good dealership (if you are any indication of the dealership) while so many shitty dealerships remain open.

cbloveday
06-30-10, 08:28 PM
Scott,

Just a speed bump in the road of life.

It sounds like you will still be in business, which is good for all.

Things happen for a reason that are not always immediately apparent and you've done so much good.

Something tells me a better opportunity is just around the corner.

regards,

Curtis

neuronbob
06-30-10, 08:39 PM
Was hoping GM would change their mind about Superior.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Scott, along with all the other guys/gals who are about to be out of a job there.

I know you will land on your feet, as good a salesman as you are.

I hope you continue to be an asset to the forum as you have been.

OldRoadDawg
06-30-10, 08:49 PM
Scott
Best of luck in what ever endeavors you take on.

Thanks for the great experience last July when picking up my V, plus the tour of GM's test track.

Dave

Florian
07-01-10, 12:25 AM
sooooooo, what happens to your inventory? Are you dealing?

F

musclesbmf
07-01-10, 12:27 AM
It boggles my mind that we can lose such a good dealership (if you are any indication of the dealership) while so many shitty dealerships remain open.

Exactly...

Mark

commander112
07-01-10, 08:23 AM
Scott, Let me know where you land. We will need to replace the XLR next spring. Hopefully you will end up in another Caddy store in the area. Best wishes to you in the future.

Krug Ford
07-01-10, 10:55 AM
Right now I am going to stay put where I'm at but I have connections all lined up..

We will be selling some other stuff

demorgan59
07-01-10, 11:01 AM
I, too, had a great buying experience through Scott. You can actually see the GM proving ground in the distance from the front window of his dealership. Pretty cool - and sad.

neuronbob
07-01-10, 12:15 PM
^^^^^^^
Yeah, that's one dealership you'd think GM would want to keep for that reason alone.

commander112
07-01-10, 02:51 PM
^^^^^^^
Yeah, that's one dealership you'd think GM would want to keep for that reason alone.

There is another Caddy store just north of the proving grounds. The other store was just built a couple of years ago and is also a Buick and GMC store (former Pontiac also) with a lot more inventory space. I have been told that GM had been pushing dealers into making big investments in facilities and inventory in order to keep their franchise. I'm sure that is a factor in what got Superior's franchise lifted.

euroconvert_ctsV
07-01-10, 03:49 PM
So let me understand this, when you were working at a Caddy dealership, I just called you and you offered me the highest price of the 6 dealers I contacted, but now since you're no longer employed you'll be able to get better deals somehow?

commander112
07-01-10, 04:33 PM
So let me understand this, when you were working at a Caddy dealership, I just called you and you offered me the highest price of the 6 dealers I contacted, but now since you're no longer employed you'll be able to get better deals somehow?

I'm not here to defend anyone but with an attitude like that perhaps there was a reason he quoted you a high price. Euro you need to learn about class. Fact is, Scott helped many of us get the best deal with quality support. Perhaps your handle should be Eurotrash_ctsV?

backup
07-01-10, 05:42 PM
Sorry to hear that Scott, best wishes and please let us know what you are doing in the future if things change.

dqw1
07-01-10, 07:47 PM
I hope it all ends well Scott. Good luck!

concorso
07-01-10, 08:08 PM
So let me understand this, when you were working at a Caddy dealership, I just called you and you offered me the highest price of the 6 dealers I contacted, but now since you're no longer employed you'll be able to get better deals somehow?Show us where he said he could get BETTER deals?? And where did he say the price he quoted you was the lowest price he could give? Attitude plays a large role in a sale...forgetting the fact that many dealers will quote you a certain price and then magically add fees when you go to actually purchase.

Everything Ive heard about Scott has been great.

Karch
07-01-10, 11:33 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about this, Scott.

Best of luck to you, and hopefully you will still frequent this site.

Luna.
07-02-10, 03:06 AM
Thank you Scott for honoring employee pricing and allowing me to purchase my '09V from you. Even though I had to ship the car to So Cal, you still saved me significant dollars.

I believe you posted before that your dealership was one of the ones that got nuked by GM, so I can say it wasn't a surprise to me that this post is here, but it is nonetheless sad.

Hope all is well

Wow...this seemed like a strange response....

And I don't get the feeling that this dealership charges more than most, that's for sure...

mugatu22
07-02-10, 03:55 AM
Sorry to hear this Scott, if it's bad news to you. You've been a pro since I've been on this forum, which hasn't been too long, but still...

Maybe it's not bad news after all. Good sales is good sales, regardless of brand.

BTW for anyone interested in why this is happening, this is a fascinating read. Some insane statistics...

* GM has over 6,000 dealerships in the US. Its next closest competitor, Ford, has only 3,800. This is mind boggling.

* To become profitable, GM is closing 1100 dealerships at 400/yr into 2012...in order to "stop competing with itself."

Full article here: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/090127-GM-to-Close-400-Dealerships-Each-Year-Until-2012/

And check out this map of dealers that are confirmed to CLOSE...holy over-saturated, batman!!!! The blue arrows are JUST the ones that are closing! Geebus. Not surprising that GM finds itself competing with itself for sales when there are this many dealers (not) selling cars.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=105417003288567153097.00046a450a4e2125dc70b&ll=39.639538,-98.173828&spn=26.989212,50.097656&z=4&source=embed

Good luck Scott!

King335i
07-02-10, 05:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the closure Scott.

We spoke once on the phone, it was quite a while ago. You were kind of cold and disinterested with me, but maybe it was just an off day, as I've heard nothing but positive feedback about you here on the forums.

When its comes time for me to move from the 335i to the CTS-V Coupe, you'll definitely be getting a call from me. Look forward to doing business with you!

Krug Ford
07-02-10, 09:47 AM
Sorry I seemed a little cold on the phone just been going through a lot the past year and trying to stay positive.
Also when people call me to get a price quote on a car they ordered through another dealership and want advise to get a better deal through them please don't call me for advise

I value everyones business and friendship on here

Hawkeye2
07-02-10, 11:02 AM
Best wishes in the future. I am certain with your level of product knowledge and your enthusiasm for your work, you'll land on your feet.

You seem to have created a very loyal following with many repeat customers. That is the ultimate compliment to a professional sales person.

Please stay active here!

Brian.

thebigjimsho
07-02-10, 11:16 AM
Yep, money talks...

mugatu22
07-03-10, 02:53 AM
Yep, money talks...

Sales talk (or lack of overall company sales), and 6000+ dealerships talk too...

Scott we're all eager to hear where you're going next. Let us know!

turbol15
07-03-10, 09:14 PM
spoke with Scott a few days ago. I will be ordering a car from him within the next couple of weeks. So any tips as to what i need to do?

demorgan59
07-03-10, 11:28 PM
"Offered" is the key word here. What is the price after they get done beating you up at delivery? Scott's price was the best at the time I bought mine and it was exactly as originally quoted. To the penny. Plus, he was very easy to deal with and he knows his stuff when it comes to the V. At least that was my experience. Thanks again Scott.