: more engine trouble, help

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-30-10, 04:53 PM
ok, i pull up tow a stop light today, everything before that was fine. no gas and on the brake the car seems like its close to killing almost like it has a miss.

so i get home, put it in park and it smooths out like normal, revs good everything, pull it into drive and it starts the miss again. back to park fine.

i leave later and its not doing the miss shutter it was doing but now around 16-20mph it stutters a bit and if you press the gas to the floor it barely goes. it will get to 40-50mph and ride smooth but it takes a while to get there.

seems like the car lost all the go it had.

has plugs, wires and cap and rotor less than a year old, fuel filter and pump is 1 year old

any ideas

outsider
06-30-10, 05:48 PM
on my 87...this was a vacuum leak. which one of your cars is it?

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-30-10, 06:37 PM
forgot that, its on the 1995 fleetwood, i checked diagnostics and no codes found. it has been raining all week but i havent went through any high water. and just a few minutes ago i went to look at things its back to that miss it had.

outsider
06-30-10, 08:59 PM
yeah probably not a vacuum leak on the 95. I'm not sure what it could be, though...unless your waterpump is leaking onto the optispark. I've heard that's common.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-30-10, 09:12 PM
just changed the waterpump a few months ago and the cap, and theres no leaks,

for some odd reason we hooked a computer on it. at idle and in gear the egr is going crazy. we unhooked the egr and it doesnt have that miss anymore but still has get up and go

the o2 sensors the left is consistent with its numbers the right is close but keeps dropping into double digit numbers then back to triple digit.

any ideas

carnut
06-30-10, 10:00 PM
Have a muffler shop check for a restricted exhaust and/ or cat converter.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
06-30-10, 10:03 PM
if its the cats, then ill gut them. free flowing then

cadillac_al
06-30-10, 11:06 PM
See if it goes away on the sunny days. Missing on rainy days is a sure sign of bad plug wires.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
07-01-10, 12:19 AM
this is the 1st time its done it on a rainy day and the plug wires are fairly new, checked over them earlier to see if there was any arcing marks and couldnt find any. ran it tonight and didnt see a spark show either.

ill try it in the morning hopefully the rains over for a while

outsider
07-01-10, 09:00 AM
well if you removed the EGR valve and it ran proper...maybe the EGR valve is to blame?

mjs182004
07-01-10, 12:03 PM
well if you removed the EGR valve and it ran proper...maybe the EGR valve is to blame?

I was thinking this may be the issue

CadillacPimpinNOLA
07-01-10, 01:07 PM
no when the egr is unplugged the miss seems to go away but if you drive the car it still doesnt have any get up and go.

previous to these problems if i was to press the pedal to the floor, you would hear the motor rev up and it would take off like a bat out of hell.

no you can mash the pedal through the floor and it slowly accelerates

CadillacPimpinNOLA
07-01-10, 01:09 PM
i may have made it sound weird, we unhooked the plug to the egr solenoid, not remove the egr valve itself

outsider
07-01-10, 01:31 PM
we unhooked the egr and it doesnt have that miss anymore but still has get up and go

Must have been a typo by you that confused me :)

CadillacPimpinNOLA
07-01-10, 09:48 PM
ok found my problem, its solved and im happy again.

fuel regulator is crapping out, drivers side fuel rail on the back of the intake. car runs like a bat out of hell again