: 2010 Escalade Wheels

R1Cross
06-30-10, 08:22 AM
I am trying to find a business near Clearwater, Florida that sells GM CK366 or Platinum wheels, Thanks

Ronin
06-30-10, 09:19 AM
ANOTHER post about Platinum wheels...shocking! :eek: ...not...

If you searched you would have seen (1) you're not the only one looking for them, (2) you need a Platinum VIN to order them from GM (3) if you do order them new there's also a core charge and (4) take-offs are pushing almost $4K. Do you know what kind of aftermarket wheel you can get for that kind of money?! Sure, not Lowenharts, but very nice wheels none the less. Good luck, you're gonna need it...

hcvone
06-30-10, 09:35 AM
I just got a friend a set of platinum wheels, they were $678.00 each, with pressure sensors, mounting and balancing with road force balancer the total was $3082.00 Not the best chrome plating job on the wheels :(

Ronin
06-30-10, 11:50 AM
Not the best chrome plating job on the wheels :(

Doesn't that just seem to be the norm for GM/Cadillac these days? They're really taking that Government Motors nickname to heart and "puttin' out" the same way a lot of government workers do... :bigroll:

evois
06-30-10, 04:40 PM
why would one want the platinum wheels? the regular 22 inch wheels looks better imo.

R1Cross
06-30-10, 08:24 PM
Ronin, I called the local Cadillac dealership and they said that they could get me a set of Platinum wheels for $3200 plus $120 to swap my tires, no VIN needed.

Hcvone, how can I buy a set from your source?

Thanks, Bob

Ronin
06-30-10, 10:24 PM
Ronin, I called the local Cadillac dealership and they said that they could get me a set of Platinum wheels for $3200 plus $120 to swap my tires, no VIN needed.

Hcvone, how can I buy a set from your source?

Thanks, Bob

If you already knew that, you didn't say it why exactly to begin with? So you either didn't bother calling before you posted the question or...???

Unless the information posted here previously by others who went down the Platinum wheel road is incorrect, you need to provide Cadillac with a Platinum's VIN to place an order, in addition to the core charge. I didn't say that you needed to own one, you just need the VIN. I'm pretty sure a Cadillac dealer has access to a Platinum VIN. :bigroll: As far as the core charge goes, your dealer's not going to eat that so I'd double check on that. $120 to swap seems normal to r+r the tires. FYI "take offs" are complete wheel/rims/tires, so I stand by my original statement that they're going for almost $4K (search the posts here and/or check eBay or Craigslist). You didn't say you had the stock 22s in your original post, so the assumption that you needed tires was logical...

hcvone deal is still cheaper than your local dealer, but if he could hook you up you'd still have shipping charges to contend with...

$3200 would buy a very nice of 24s from Tire Rack (I'm thinking KMC Slides) with tires, mounted, balanced, shipped, etc. Chroming isn't garbage (like Cadillac's) and you likely wouldn't have to worry about running into someone that's rocking the same wheels as you, but someone looking for Platinum wheels as opposed to aftermarket is usually trying to keep it OEM-looking...

R1Cross
07-01-10, 08:41 AM
Ronin, thanks for the info, I'll keep you posted.

ct1054
02-01-11, 05:51 AM
has anyone ever used thechromepros.com? they are the first ones to come up when i searched for aftermarket wheels but do not know anything about the company

hannity
02-01-11, 03:36 PM
The chrome plating is just as bad on the platinum wheels as it is on the stock escalade. Save your money and buy some custom wheels instead.

hannity
02-01-11, 03:37 PM
Doesn't that just seem to be the norm for GM/Cadillac these days? They're really taking that Government Motors nickname to heart and "puttin' out" the same way a lot of government workers do... :bigroll:

lol, they were building crappy wheels before the bail out. The bail out had nothing to do with it.