: So I got pulled over tonight..

calidave
06-30-10, 04:46 AM
..which, in and of itself, isn't exactly unusual -- the unusual thing was that one of the cops actually knew about the V-series and said I had a creative license plate (it's VETILAC). He asked if I could scratch 'em into fourth (I admitted I'd done it before), and then we started talking about the diff problems and went on to talk about the V2s.

CHP officers who actually weren't jerks. Cool. I really should put the front plate on, though. I've been lucky enough to avoid a ticket thus far (including tonight, they were looking for :alchi: -- they saw me leave the bar. I go out to shoot pool -- I rarely drink and hadn't had anything tonight), but they've always got a solid reason to pull me over. One of these days..

SS from the "Wood"
06-30-10, 01:29 PM
not the case for me yesterday! 77 in a 60 on my way to work... don't think he liked HOPDUP on the plate much either!

PISNUOFF
06-30-10, 02:45 PM
Not to thread jack.....but I got one a few weeks ago in my brother's C5 ZO6 where the plate frame says 'Drive it like you' and the plate says 'STOLD IT'. Mr. officer didn't appreciate that.

CancerJCC
06-30-10, 05:11 PM
:) I guess us V owners know how to attract the law!

fnipunk
06-30-10, 11:17 PM
I guess I won't send in m application fot the plate "FAHQCPR" that'd be asking for it!

hnic91
07-01-10, 12:11 PM
:) I guess us V owners know how to attract the law!

I had an Audi A6 for 2 years before the V and never got pulled over once. I got the V in February and have gotten two warnings since. One for speeding and another for failure to come to a complete stop at a stop sign. So yeah we attract law enforcement.

CancerJCC
07-01-10, 12:27 PM
I had an Audi A6 for 2 years before the V and never got pulled over once. I got the V in February and have gotten two warnings since. One for speeding and another for failure to come to a complete stop at a stop sign. So yeah we attract law enforcement.

:) Yeah how about it, and I don't think my exhaust setup helps! Every cop within 3 miles can hear me coming.

Koooop
07-01-10, 01:33 PM
Just got me 54 in a 35 a couple months ago. The Motor Officer that got me had no interest in letting me off. $400+ later I got to go to on line traffic school.

tommy compton
07-01-10, 01:38 PM
I just got an imprudent driving ticket a couple days ago. I was doing some spirited drifting at about 10 at night in an empty parking lot, somebody saw me and wrote down my plate number. A few hours later the cops show up at my door. Guess I'll be fighting that one. Can't believe some do-gooder has nothing better to do. I wasn't harming anybody and I only went through the lot once.
Good thing is they can't prove who was driving so no points off my licence.

heavymetals
07-01-10, 02:34 PM
The night I got pulled over I was with my buddy and we were coming back from dinner.

B&B no cats "X' pipe and I was on it in first.

Rookie and partner pulls me over and rookie starts to play "bad cop" (moron).

Then he looks at my license and sees that I am over 55 (at the time).

The older cop (who happened to be black) is gaga over the car and is saying he has never seen or heard a Cadillac like mine.

Not playing the race card, but most blacks in Los Angeles know what the oak leaf crest represents (a Cad). :worship:

The rookie says I was speeding (I wasn't) but it sounded like I was for sure. :rolleyes:

So they go back to the patrol car, run wants and warrants and come up blank.

Rookie says he is gonna do me favor (mainly because his partner told him he was acting like a douche I bet) and he drops the speeding but gets me for noise and tint (at 10pm!).

At least they were just "fix it" violations.

I forgot to add that he was pissed that I had a front plate.

CTSV_Rob
07-01-10, 11:25 PM
I got a ticket not too long ago and I am not very fond of Kern county anymore. To be honest I never was :hide:

Was using my radar detector for the first time in a long time and he got me on Laser. As soon as it went off I saw him... Too late!!!

So what part of Cali are you from Dave?

Koooop
07-02-10, 12:02 AM
I got a ticket not too long ago and I am not very fond of Kern county anymore. To be honest I never was :hide:

Was using my radar detector for the first time in a long time and he got me on Laser. As soon as it went off I saw him... Too late!!!

So what part of Cali are you from Dave?

Dave,

Watch out for Rob, he was in Kern County scoring some crack.

CancerJCC
07-02-10, 12:38 AM
Just got me 54 in a 35 a couple months ago. The Motor Officer that got me had no interest in letting me off. $400+ later I got to go to on line traffic school.

Traffic school now there is some lulz. (yeah I have done the "you can't click next because there is no possible way you read through all this BS yet" warning!) :)

I just got an imprudent driving ticket a couple days ago. I was doing some spirited drifting at about 10 at night in an empty parking lot, somebody saw me and wrote down my plate number. A few hours later the cops show up at my door. Guess I'll be fighting that one. Can't believe some do-gooder has nothing better to do. I wasn't harming anybody and I only went through the lot once.

I have had a pull over from an a$$hat calling in on me, wtf is peoples problem does your life suck that bad?!

The night I got pulled over I was with my buddy and we were coming back from dinner.

Rookie and partner pulls me over and starts to play "bad cop" (moron).

The older cop (who happened to be black) is gaga over the car and is saying he has never seen or heard a Cadillac like mine.

Not playing the race card, but most blacks in Los Angeles know what the oak leaf crest represents (a Cad). :worship:

The rookie says I was speeding (I wasn't) but it sounded like I was for sure. :rolleyes:

Rookie says he is gonna do me favor (mainly because his partner told him he was acting like a douche I bet) and he drops the speeding but gets me for noise and tint (at 10pm!).

:) I hate when they try and "lecture" me or pretend to be teaching me a lesson. Its like cut me a ticket or GTFO out of my face...

Laser without jammer = fugged.

calidave
07-02-10, 01:38 AM

And here I thought I was flying under the radar. I figured most people think it's a bog-standard CTS.

Rob, I live in Kings County.. sleepy little town called Lemoore, about an hour south of Fresno.

I don't like Kern County either, but that's because most of the time I'm just passing through on my way to LA. What a boring stretch of road.

2007cts-v
07-02-10, 09:29 PM
I live out here on Long Island (east of NYC), and my plate says ICUTGRAS. I have not been pulled over for it yet, and have been followed by the Law several times. Hey PO, I'm a landscaper! LOL. Leave me alone. I don't drive a car like this illegally.

Koooop
07-03-10, 12:50 AM

Rookie and partner pulls me over and starts to play "bad cop" (moron).

I got pulled over in my Vette (after standing on it), the cop wanted to know what kind of exhaust I had in it.

Baltimore07V
07-03-10, 01:53 AM

Right to face your accuser.... 'nuf said. Basically say it was BS, and someone heard a loud exhaust. If the accuser doesn't come to testify... good game.

On the same token, my car has become "known" in my neighborhood. Mainly because I cruze about 15-20 mph (LOTS OF KIDS!!!!) through the streets so I don't kill anyone. The funny part is all the kids who are in the 5-7 age range, will stop and point at my car. One actually motioned me to gun it the other day. My wife was laughing at this. I guess our cars to attract attention... I still hold the reigns in tight in the suburban streets.... However once I get some room to run on the highway. Good bye..... :thumbsup:

heavymetals
07-03-10, 02:02 AM
Since we are telling stories:

I had a friend who had a motorcycle shop in the 70’s and he had this modified/souped up Pantera.
One day he gets on the freeway and just nails it.
The thing goes squirrelly, jumps a couple of lanes leaving tire tracks and he gets it straightened out but gets lit up.
CHP says,” That was an interesting maneuver you pulled back there, license and registration”.
After the cop ran the usual checks, he asks my buddy,” This thing isn’t stock is it?”
My buddy,” What makes you think it isn’t stock officer?”
Cop,” BECAUSE MINE WON”T DO THAT.”

No ticket, but he ended up working on the guys car (I don’t think it was for free either).

Baltimore07V
07-03-10, 02:12 AM
Since we are telling stories:

I had a friend who had a motorcycle shop in the 70’s and he had this modified/souped up Pantera.
One day he gets on the freeway and just nails it.
The thing goes squirrelly, jumps a couple of lanes leaving tire tracks and he gets it straightened out but gets lit up.
CHP says,” That was an interesting maneuver you pulled back there, license and registration”.
After the cop ran the usual checks, he asks my buddy,” This thing isn’t stock is it?”
My buddy,” What makes you think it isn’t stock officer?”
Cop,” BECAUSE MINE WON”T DO THAT.”

No ticket, but he ended up working on the guys car (I don’t think it was for free either).

First time I got pulled over was 3 months after I got my license at 16. I was hit doing 50 in a 35 coming from Bethesda with a few friends at around 11pm, after seeing a movie. It was a DUI trap, but it ensnared me.

Cop: License and registration
Me (nervously): Here sir.
Cop: Where were you coming from
Me (nervously): A movie sir
Cop: The movie theater that serves beer?
Me (Not nervous any more): There is a movie theater that serves beer? (At this point I am very interested in the fact that there is in fact a movie theater where I can drink and watch a movie)
Cop: Uh....How about you just go home. Here's your license. Don't speed anymore. Good night.

Me To my friend(After we leave the DUI trap): Dude, they have a spot where they serve beer? We gotta check it out.

Needless to say not all DUI traps turn out as expected.

heavymetals
07-03-10, 02:31 AM
I live out here on Long Island (east of NYC), and my plate says ICUTGRAS. I have not been pulled over for it yet, and have been followed by the Law several times. Hey PO, I'm a landscaper! LOL. Leave me alone. I don't drive a car like this illegally.

I am sure that is a lot better then the idiot that has ISMKGRAS :histeric:

Open invitation for a stop and search, but a neat plate.

tommy compton
07-03-10, 12:45 PM
I am sure that is a lot better then the idiot that has ISMKGRAS :histeric:

Open invitation for a stop and search, but a neat plate.

I used to see a Deville around with a plate that says
"BAKER"
I know we are fairly liberal here in Canada with pot laws, but man you'd have to have a set to rock that plate.
I always wondered how many times they must get pulled over.
Then I saw them parked at a doughnut shop and it all clicked in.

2007cts-v
07-03-10, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I don't know if I'd roll with that plate......and I just checked out the NYS DMV website and that plate: ISMKGRAS.....IS available! Who knew that would let that pass. What do you write down for the description of why you want that plate? It's what I do. LOL

calidave
07-04-10, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I don't know if I'd roll with that plate......and I just checked out the NYS DMV website and that plate: ISMKGRAS.....IS available! Who knew that would let that pass. What do you write down for the description of why you want that plate? It's what I do. LOL

"Is Making Rice" (with a Southern accent, not sure how well that would fly in New York *G*)

You own (or used to work at, or have been to) a Japanese restaurant in Houston, right? It's ... uh.. plausible. Sure.

/sorry, it's 4:30am.

Koooop
07-05-10, 01:30 AM
I got turned down for JOOCANU for the 84 Eldo convertible (with full pimp kit). But I do have my 1970's "Gas Grass or Ass Nobody Rides For Free" complete with pot leaf and naked lady license plate frame on my aging Vette!

2007cts-v
07-05-10, 09:44 AM
^^ lol

Koooop
07-06-10, 12:22 AM
I'm re applying for JOOCANU.

heavymetals
07-06-10, 12:51 AM
I just received my "Dead Head" stickers ;)

ares55
07-14-10, 02:07 PM
Love this topic! The last time I got pulled over in my V I ended up dating the CHP officer for two years. He loved the car, he even used to give me pointers on how to weave in between traffic better. Now Im on my way to becoming a Chippie, and you bet Im pulling over every V I see... but only to say "you have great taste in cars". :)

CadzillaTN
07-14-10, 03:54 PM
Love this topic! The last time I got pulled over in my V I ended up dating the CHP officer for two years. He loved the car, he even used to give me pointers on how to weave in between traffic better. Now Im on my way to becoming a Chippie, and you bet Im pulling over every V I see... but only to say "you have great taste in cars". :)

only in California......

OldRoadDawg
07-14-10, 05:56 PM
Now Im on my way to becoming a Chippie, and you bet Im pulling over every V I see... but only to say "you have great taste in cars". :)
:helpless: gawd I luv retirement!

ares55
07-15-10, 01:19 AM
Ha ha sorry OldRoadDawg, I dont meant to make you grey. I was in a badge when I got pulled over as well, and everything was done kosher with the chippie to ensure our jobs would be safe. And dont you worry about me being in tan, Ill keep your highways safe... you just enjoy that retirement :)