: New Lac Lover from Florida

1 OLDLAC
06-29-10, 10:42 PM
Hi, my name is Gary from Sarasota FL and happen to run across the site and thought I might fit right in. Im a huge Cadillac fan and have been for years due to my grandfather driving nothing but them over the years. He used to call anything not a big Cadillac, Olds, Buick, Pontiac, or Chevy just a car and not an automobile! Ive owned many Mustangs and Camaros through the years but never a Lac. I happen to luck on to my 91 Seville a year ago from my buddies dad that was just fed up with putting money into her. I had always admired the car since he purchased it a year before from an old lady that left it stored for years until she passed away and I slowly saw it fall apart from the time he took it over. He became fed up with it due to the water pump giving him trouble and decided he would sell it to me for $400 with 72K original miles. Right then and there my money pit was born and my obsession with American luxury took over. I now have poured well over $4k into her with alot more to go and have also purchased a 91 Lincoln Mark VII with 90K miles to enjoy as well. Ill post some pics and its very nice to meet everyone. I would love to find some local action if there is anybody in Tampa or close thats active.

Stingroo
06-29-10, 10:44 PM
Well we have a meet going in West Palm in a couple of weeks. Might be worth checking out. :)

Also there's another active member in Sarasota, and another in Temple Terrace. :) Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your car for many years to come. :thumbsup:

:welcomeJimmyH:

Ranger
06-29-10, 10:48 PM
:welcome:

orconn
06-29-10, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

77CDV
06-30-10, 02:00 AM
:welcome: Nice combo of 1990s American luxury you have there!

Rolex
06-30-10, 01:11 PM
:welcome5: to the forums.

1 OLDLAC
06-30-10, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Might just have to find my way down to West Palm Sting, if I can get the Seville to act right for me.

Stingroo
06-30-10, 11:17 PM
That would be pretty awesome. :) Hope you stick around the forums. Heck, I've been here over a year and drive a Chevy. :hide:

1 OLDLAC
06-30-10, 11:21 PM
That would be pretty awesome. :) Hope you stick around the forums. Heck, I've been here over a year and drive a Chevy. :hide:

Seems like a friendly place, think ill stay a while and nothing wrong with a Chevy, its a GM in my eyes and thats what matters!

Stingroo
06-30-10, 11:32 PM
True that. :)