: Jesda 's looking for Jeep!

orconn
06-29-10, 09:23 PM
Buried in another thread is this bit of news out of the "safe suburbs" of St. Louis.

Apparently Jesda has managed to find a new home for his 1992 Seville STS and is now looking to acquire a Jeep. To those familiar with the Jesda "saga" it came as a surprise when Jesda showed up, one day, with a "vintage" Saab convertible all the while playing Abba tapes and querrying the nature of lutfisk.

As if this transgression into the land of Birkenstocks and the passe mediocrity of bygone Norsk pop music wasn't enough, now we are told our friend Jesda is moving on to the land of high center of gravity muck busters. Guess Jesda couldn't find some Swedish chick willing to change his oil ..... and so is following our good friend Rick into the woods in search of adventure of a new and different kind! I am sure all of us wish Jesda the best of luck as he embarks on this latest leg of his odyssey to find automotive (?) nirvana, and hope he will (as we know he will!) keep us informed as he makes this journey .... and ofcourse the restaurant reviews will be much appreciated!

Jesda
06-29-10, 09:50 PM
http://ragtopday.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/gone_fishing_sign.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-30-10, 12:28 AM
Just Empty Every Pocket.

Night Wolf
07-01-10, 12:46 AM
Just Empty Every Pocket.

x2

If the never ending mod bug doesn't bite, then atleast you get to enjoy the fuel economy of a 70's fullsize Cadillac :cool2:

Koooop
07-01-10, 01:00 AM
Jesda!

You are in luck! A friend of mine is selling a 1959 FC 170 with the very rare long bed option, it's at least as cool as the Saaaaaaaaaaaab.

Jesda
07-01-10, 01:10 AM
LOL, its a Grand Cherokee -- the only mod I'm planning to do is lower it back to stock height, maybe a bit lower. The current owner did a 3 inch lift and added some meaty tires. I intend to make it a highway-purposed vehicle.

Night Wolf
07-01-10, 02:27 AM
ZJ, WJ?

I dunno about going LOWER than stock? Dunno who sells a lowering kit. Stock suspension would be most logical, what brand is the lift on it? Depending on what it is you may get some money for it, or put it on craigslist to trade for stock suspension.

Same with the tires, what size? could trade for them too.

With a solid front axle, it's not going to be the best highway cruiser. I'd either leve it as-is with the lift and tires, or consider a differnt highway vehicle.

Jesda
07-01-10, 02:40 AM
A lifted Grand looks a bit inappropriate. It really is intended to be more for carrying people and cargo than leaving the pavement, even though its capable of doing both. Cherokee and Wrangler are more suitable for taking off road, thus the more spartan interiors and narrow dimensions.

The point of this is to carry several boxes, and myself, with reasonable comfort, while being relatively easy to park. A lifted suspension and tall tires make it harder to load and unload cargo while adversely affecting on-road performance. And really, unless its accidental mud (which has happened to me), I'll never drive in anything worse than snow.

Jesda
07-01-10, 02:48 AM
I'm also pondering a small boat.

Sheesh, I'm turning white.

Stingroo
07-01-10, 02:50 AM
Bust Out Another Thousand.

I'm noticing a trend here...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-10, 08:27 AM
Sheesh, I'm turning white.

It all started with that damned Rick Astley album.

Koooop
07-01-10, 09:11 AM
Lowering a Grand Cherokee will compensate for the boat.

You are not turning White.

Jesda
07-01-10, 09:40 AM
Lowering a Grand Cherokee will compensate for the boat.

You are not turning White.

Darn. I was hoping for a raise. :D

Koooop
07-01-10, 01:40 PM
Wait, I almost forgot about the SAAB!

You have gone past white, we'll just call you Sven.