: CTS-V Coupe Order Tracking

Pages : [1] 2

digital1021
06-29-10, 07:01 PM
I thought I would share some information about tracking orders online. Some of you might be familiar with CamaroTracking.com (http://www.camarotracking.com), however up until recently, the site was limited to Camaros and a few select vehicals. Apparently now they have extended order tracking to include the CTS line.

I won't go in to the details of their site here, as that information is available on the Camaro Tracking site. But I entered my 6 digit Alpha-Numeric, in my case all letters no numbers, order number in to there database sunday night, and received an update today that my order has moved to 2000 (Order Accepted by GM) status.

I thought this might be helpful for those that would prefer to have away to verify their orders with out having to rely solely on their dealers.

~ Matt M. :halo:

aj660
06-29-10, 10:08 PM
Unfortunately, those of us who ordered the manual 6sp will have to be patient. Please tell me you ordered automatic lol...

digital1021
06-29-10, 10:18 PM
I ordered the manual with the LS9 and Carbon Ceramic brakes.

They looked at me funny so I went with the auto instead. :lol:

khoeysr
06-29-10, 11:24 PM
Matt, as always you are a valuable resource.

As I posted in another thread, my order event status is still 1100, and it looks like another week to wait for a possible change. And I ordered the automatic.

digital1021
06-30-10, 12:03 AM
Matt, as always you are a valuable resource.

As I posted in another thread, my order event status is still 1100, and it looks like another week to wait for a possible change. And I ordered the automatic.

Glad to help where I can.

From my understanding, an event status change can happen anytime during the week. The exception to this is the change from the 2000's to 3000, which generally happens late Tuesday night. This is when the order is truly approved for production. The next major event is 3400. At this point the order is scheduled for build and given a build week. Once the order is built, it will be assigned 3800 status and will have a VIN. From there it becomes all about tracking the delivery.

I ordered the car 5/6/10, and verified the "preliminary" order last Wednesday. Thursday the "preliminary" order was assigned allocation. I wouldn't start to worry about your order till next week. If you suspect that your dealer might not have allocation, you can request that they show you their current allocation by week.

~ Matt

P.S. To clarify, order auto, all options except polished wheels and paint. MSRP $70,590.00 including destination.

aj660
06-30-10, 02:24 AM
I'm trying to decide how long to wait before I call my dealer and change my order to Automatic.

khoeysr
06-30-10, 09:48 AM
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but when all this is over, and we have our cars, we will wonder why we were all so hyper. The weeks involved before getting the car will be a distant memory.

So stick with what you want. You'll get it and be happier. None of us have any control over this whole process so let's just try to enjoy the fact that we have something good to look forward to.

( I'm 56; I just hope I'm not too old to drive when my coupe finally gets here. :bouncy:)

khoeysr
06-30-10, 12:13 PM
Wow. Just looked in again and my order is now event status 3400 (order broadcast). The notes say 7/5/10; I am trying to find out if that is perhaps the production week.
:worship:

aj660
06-30-10, 12:58 PM
Wow. Just looked in again and my order is now event status 3400 (order broadcast). The notes say 7/5/10; I am trying to find out if that is perhaps the production week.

Awesome !! Looks like you'll have your car in 4-6 weeks. I'm still waiting to hear good news from someone who ordered a manual.

digital1021
06-30-10, 02:30 PM
Congrats, 7/5/10 should be your week of production. As of today my status is only 3000. Here is hoping I won't be to far behind you.

~ Matt

khoeysr
06-30-10, 02:44 PM
I'm still thinking I'll believe it when I see it, but it is def great to see things happening. May everybody's order go to 6000 (delivered to customer) soon!

I wonder if this means my dealer has some stripes with Cadillac?

khoeysr
06-30-10, 05:31 PM
I hate to be dense.

How do you insert photos into a message body?

digital1021
06-30-10, 05:35 PM
khoeysr,

If you don't mind me asking, what options did you end up ordering?

For the record, here is what I ordered:

CTS-V Coupe:
Automatic
Black Raven
Ebony w/Saffron
RECARO Seats
Wood Trim
Sun Roof
Painted Wheels
Suede Wheel/Knob

~ Matt

digital1021
06-30-10, 05:39 PM
I hate to be dense.

How do you insert photos into a message body?

Easiest way is to upload the photos to a site, my preference is PhotoBucket, once your photo's are uploaded, just copy the link they provide you for forums in to your post. You can stack photos down or across depending if you separate the links by a space or pressing return.

~ Matt

khoeysr
06-30-10, 05:42 PM
khoeysr,

If you don't mind me asking, what options did you end up ordering?

For the record, here is what I ordered:

CTS-V Coupe:
Automatic
Black Raven
Ebony w/Saffron
Wood Trim
Sun Roof
Painted Wheels
Suede Wheel/Knob

~ Matt

My pleasure, Matt. Things you ordered that I did not are the wood trim, painted wheels, suede wheel/knob. I did order the polished wheels and Recaros. You must have left the Recaros off- can't believe you didnt want them.

The sunroof is fixed, in case you missed that.

digital1021
06-30-10, 05:47 PM
My pleasure, Matt. Things you ordered that I did not are the wood trim, painted wheels, suede wheel/knob. I did order the polished wheels and Recaros. You must have left the Recaros off- can't believe you didnt want them.

The sunroof is fixed, in case you missed that.

Yes, I ordered the Recaros, I guess at this point I just forgot some people wouldn't order them. While I wish the sunroof wasn't fixed, well it's supposed to vent, when I had my sedan I seldom opened it. In fact the thing I like most about the sunroof on the sedan was the amount of light it let in.

~ Matt

khoeysr
06-30-10, 05:50 PM
My sedan has the standard seats. It was shocking to me just how much of an upgrade the Recaros are.

digital1021
06-30-10, 05:56 PM
My 09 had the Recaros, so there was no going back. It also had the polished wheels, which looked great, but I wanted to do something a little different this time. Plus, there have been some rumors of some black finished CTS-V coupe rims as an GM Accessory.

~ Matt

khoeysr
07-01-10, 09:52 AM
Well, yesterday I was riding high. Today, back in the pack.

I went back in to track my order and discovered that I had misspelled my order code by one letter. When I corrected it, bingo- no status showed. So I am back to being nowhere.

Ah, but it was a great 24 hours!

digital1021
07-01-10, 02:51 PM
I'm speechless, that sucks. Well, here's hoping your status updated tomorrow. Chin up.

~ Matt

ruben
07-01-10, 04:26 PM
Great information it gave the status on my sedan. In referance to the sun roof you could add window tinting.

khoeysr
07-01-10, 04:28 PM
No worries, Matt. I am trying to get a life and not think about it too much.

You think you were speechless, think about me when I suddenly realized I was one letter off on the order code. I couldn't believe it. My dealer staff must have thought I lost a screw. I had to fill them in, too.

As I said somewhere before, in the near future we'll look back at this and have a few laughs. Then we'll leave some rubber on the road as we take off.

CopperSunburstCTS
07-06-10, 12:26 AM
Anyone know if the site reports ONLY when the event changes? When i put in my 6 digit alpha code mine just says "no events reported" or something like that. That kind of worries me, unless it only shows "changes" in events, then my order may still be in. Otherwise maybe mine got bumped out because I ordered the Manual.

aj660
07-06-10, 03:01 AM
Anyone know if the site reports ONLY when the event changes? When i put in my 6 digit alpha code mine just says "no events reported" or something like that. That kind of worries me, unless it only shows "changes" in events, then my order may still be in. Otherwise maybe mine got bumped out because I ordered the Manual.

If you ordered manual, then we're in the same position. Unfortunately, your order was never accepted for production. It amazes me that so many dealers still have no knowledge of this. Many dealers still believe that they can order manual 6sp and it's accepted, but it's not. I've tried to keep all 'manual 6sp' coupe members updated.

The sales manager at my dealer (Sarrant) called me with the correct information the week of June 14th. I had a hard time confirming the bad news, so I called 3 different dealers from this forum that were highly recommended. Not one of them had a clue about manual 6sp orders not being accepeted. One of the dealers actually insisted that my information was wrong and told me that they definitely can order a manual V-Coupe. He even put me on hold and came back and said he was able to place a dummy order with manual tranny and it was accepted.

I then decided to call GM myself to find out the truth and they finally confirmed exactly what my dealer told me. I then called back the dealer that insisted they can order the Manual and I explained that GM confirmed that no dealers can order manual. The guy then tells me that he'll look into it and I never heard back from him. He probably meant well, but he was unaware of the situation. You would think that all dealers would be notified by GM with important information such as this. That's what amazes me and I don't blame the individual dealers; I blame the corporation.

I will give a thumbs-up to Sarrant; they were spot-on with the right information and they knew it before the other dealers that supposedly sell lots of CTS-Vs.

BeagleBrains
07-06-10, 12:44 PM
With this morning's email, the news keeps getting better on my CTS V Manual Shift Coupe!
http://www.camarotracking.com/?track..tostephe@me.com
 VIN# N/A ORDER# Dealer Order# Status Date July 6, 2010
Notes: No notes for this event

aj660
07-06-10, 01:16 PM
With this morning's email, the news keeps getting better on my CTS V Manual Shift Coupe!
http://www.camarotracking.com/?track..tostephe@me.com
 VIN# N/A ORDER# Dealer Order# Status Date July 6, 2010

I think you should call GM to verify. If they're now accepting orders for manuals, then great because I want my manual lol.... However, I haven't heard from my dealer, so I assume that nothings changed and manuals are still not being built. Please call GM.....

khoeysr
07-06-10, 02:37 PM
Just throwing in my two cents. There are still a few steps between 2000 and 3400 (order broadcast and production week assigned).

Don't think this necessarily means that manuals are now "OK". But then, who will give us a straight answer on anything? :thepan:

CopperSunburstCTS
07-06-10, 09:40 PM
BEST NEWS YET! I got a code 3000 ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL! I know there are more steps so I am trying to curb my enthusiasm but last week I was getting "no events" thing, so this is great news for me AND for those ordering Manuals like I did! So maybe (like the question I posted last nite) I was only gonna get an update if the status changed, and I never knew what status I was in to begin with so I wasn't getting any emails or any indication of my status.

The other interesting thing is that there is a date of 08/02/2010 but that is probably not a confirmed production date otherwise the code would be changed to "production build assigned" status or something like that , but i can only guess it means it is a tentative production date? All this is in keeping with what i posted a few weeks ago about the Caddy rep telling me that pre- configured Thunder Grey Coupes and V's would be made for the first 5-6 weeks from the production date. That is just about right, 6 weeks from start of production and they are starting to build customer ordered cars (if mine is any indication). I never expected mine was going to be built right after the 6 week period, because i'm sure others had their orders in b4 mine, but that's when they "start" to build other configurations (or so I was told by my source). And who knows how much delay the Manual issue added to the time line, so I am just glad I am moving in the pipeline :yup:

BeagleBrains
07-07-10, 10:55 AM
BEST NEWS YET! I got a code 3000 ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL! I know there are more steps so I am trying to curb my enthusiasm but
The other interesting thing is that there is a date of 08/02/2010 but that is probably not a confirmed production date .. . ...who knows how much delay the Manual issue added .... .. .so I am just glad I am moving in the pipeline :yup:

VIN# N/A ORDER# NZxxxxxx Status Date July 7, 2010
My order is close behind on the production pipeline. :highfive:

khoeysr
07-07-10, 02:31 PM
Good for you guys. Getting closer every week.

digital1021
07-07-10, 02:45 PM
Status as of Jul 7, 2010
Notes: TPW (Target Production Week) 08/09/2010

Now when I log in to the site, I see a photo of a Black CTS-V Coupe... What are you all seeing?

~ Matthew

khoeysr
07-07-10, 02:51 PM
Matt, I have been exchanging emails with Larry at the website. He seems like a really cool guy, and he asked me what I had ordered so that they could put up some pix and even a video. Apparently their goal is to liven the experience up so that our anxiety is reduced as we wait it out.

He had empathy when I told him that I had misspelled my order code and got all fired up, only to come crashing back to no movement reality.

It looks pretty snappy.

Kevin

CopperSunburstCTS
07-07-10, 11:31 PM
Status as of Jul 7, 2010

Now when I log in to the site, I see a photo of a Black CTS-V Coupe... What are you all seeing?

~ Matthew

Same thing, althought it looks grey on my screen

khoeysr
07-13-10, 03:15 PM
My order went to status 2000 today. Anybody have any experience with how fast things move once you begin to move off of the first step, status 1100? I am wondering if they are preparing to build some black V Coupes.

Moceanu
07-13-10, 04:04 PM
At a dilemma, I want an auto thunder grey and am wondering if at this point it would be better to wait til one hits a lot somewhere or go ahead and order one now....

jft69z
07-13-10, 07:08 PM
At a dilemma, I want an auto thunder grey and am wondering if at this point it would be better to wait til one hits a lot somewhere or go ahead and order one now....

One just arrived at my dealer yesterday, today they were giving it the dealer prep & tomorrow I'm going to take a look at it. It was just one they ordered for dealer inventory. My salesman called & told me about it & to come take it for a spin while we wait for the black one I ordered to come in. (Yes, I'll go easy on it since it will be someone's future pride & joy.)

Vcoupe11
07-14-10, 09:00 AM
jft69z,
Where is your dealer located? I am in MD and just wondering if it is within driving distance to go see :)

jft69z
07-14-10, 09:24 AM
jft69z,
Where is your dealer located? I am in MD and just wondering if it is within driving distance to go see :)

Keyser Cadillac in Buffalo, NY.

I'm on my way in a few minutes to check it out.

I'm on vacation for about the next 2 weeks, give me a call & I'll pick you up at the airport :)

Vrocks
07-14-10, 10:42 AM
You guys are about to get an awseome car. I test drove a non-V coupe yesterday and it's tighter feeling than the sedan - it also looks a lot cooler. :thumbsup:

khoeysr
07-14-10, 12:56 PM
My order went to status 2000 today. Anybody have any experience with how fast things move once you begin to move off of the first step, status 1100? I am wondering if they are preparing to build some black V Coupes.

As I write this I have jumped to status 3000 (order accepted by production control). No production week yet.

Finally starting to move. :thumbsup:

khoeysr
07-14-10, 12:58 PM
Status as of Jul 7, 2010

~ Matthew

Hey Matt, where is your car in the pipeline now? Still looking at production week of 8/9? It looks like they are loading the black paint onto the line :bouncy:

Vcoupe11
07-14-10, 01:16 PM
Keyser Cadillac in Buffalo, NY.

I'm on my way in a few minutes to check it out.

I'm on vacation for about the next 2 weeks, give me a call & I'll pick you up at the airport :)

Thanks for the offer but i will pass. Ironic in that i grew up (some would say I havn't) just outside Buffalo in Orchard Park.

Take pictures if you can

khoeysr
07-14-10, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the offer but i will pass. Ironic in that i grew up (some would say I havn't) just outside Buffalo in Orchard Park.

Take pictures if you can

I'm in Auburn. My wife lived in Orchard Park for a couple of years.

If you're in a V you HAVEN'T grown up. Be proud. :yup:

jft69z
07-14-10, 02:10 PM

Take pictures if you can

I just got back a bit ago, no pics. The car had all of the options including the saffron seat inserts & auto trans. I wasn't a big fan of the seats & I'm glad I stayed with the straight black Recaros. My salesman liked the look of the inserts, so it's simply a matter of one's personal taste. Other than that, the car was exceptional in every regard. The one thing I noticed was the rear view mirror is a bit limited in its field of vision based on the rake of the back window, but the backup camera was nice. The side view mirrors also have a decent view, so it will just be a simple matter of getting used to it. It probably doesn't help much that I'm a bit "vertically challenged" either, but the 6'2" salesman also noticed the same issue. Still, it certainly isn't a deal breaker.

lavaman
07-14-10, 04:30 PM
Cadillac of Naperville has a v-coupe out front today.... Thunder Grey is all I know... (I was driving by and didn't stop)

BeagleBrains
07-14-10, 07:03 PM
Received a Tracking update 7-14-2010
VIN# N/A ORDER# Nxxxxx Status Date July 14, 2010
Notes: 08/02/2010
View Dealer - Configure A
I do not know what this is telling me, other than the NOTES date is new!
This has to be good.:bouncy:

digital1021
07-14-10, 08:33 PM
Hey Matt, where is your car in the pipeline now? Still looking at production week of 8/9? It looks like they are loading the black paint onto the line :bouncy:

Hey Kevin,

Today, CamaroTracking is showing 3000 status with a build week of 08/09/2010. So no change, I am not sure if it is the black paint, the saffron interior, or perhaps the sunroof that is keeping it at 08/09 vs. the 08/02, that several have posted. I know that GM was going to build stock of the Thunder Grey V's before starting on placed orders.

As it sits now, I have first right of refusal on all CTS-V Coupes, other than customer orders, that are received at Covert Cadillac until my order is built. So if they receive one that I am willing to take, its mine, other wise I would expect to have my Coupe by mid/late August.

Though at this point, whats another month and a half? I have been waiting since mid march, and with out my V since mid June 09.

Best of luck to all,

~ Matt.

BeagleBrains
07-14-10, 11:42 PM
My CTS V Coupe is black paint, Recarros with saffron interior, and Sunroof.
Email from my Dealer/Sales Rep: Owen Reese <OReese@lithia.com>
Monday 08/02/10 is the scheduled production week. Your car will be built sometime that week. Very exciting!
I certainly agree with that statement.:highfive:

digital1021
07-15-10, 07:25 AM
Hmm... Interesting, wunder whats the deciding factor for build dates then. Congrats by the way:highfive:, even if I am a bit jealous you will get yours first, lol...

~ Matt

MReiland
07-15-10, 08:38 AM
My CTS V Coupe is black paint, Recarros with saffron interior, and Sunroof.
Email from my Dealer/Sales Rep: Owen Reese <OReese@lithia.com>
Monday 08/02/10 is the scheduled production week. Your car will be built sometime that week. Very exciting!
I certainly agree with that statement.:highfive:

Can't wait to see a picture of that combo. Interesting enough I haven't seen a black one here yet, only Gray and Red V Coupes so far.

CIWS
07-15-10, 08:39 AM
They're showing up at dealerships for sale now, so I would suspect you guys that ordered should be seeing them soon enough. :)

BeagleBrains
07-15-10, 10:33 AM
"Can't wait to see that combo."
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/09/2011-cadillac-cts-v-coupe-first-drive-review-road-test/
Beautiful, in my estimation.

khoeysr
07-15-10, 05:03 PM
They're showing up at dealerships for sale now, so I would suspect you guys that ordered should be seeing them soon enough. :)

Yep, my dealer has a thunder gray V Coupe. Mine is getting closer, but knowing they are popping up here and there makes me more anxious.

Vcoupe11
07-15-10, 06:53 PM
Well consider this my pre-order post. Found dealer with allocation and head over tomorrow to talk $$$ and if works out will place order.
Plan the following:

Thunder Grey Chromaflair
Recarros w/ Saffron trim
Suede steering wheel and shift knob
6 speed manual tranny

Wish me luck guys!!

Gary

jerryv
07-16-10, 05:11 PM
Hello everyone,
I've been a lurker here for a few weeks and just wanted to add my V coupe order experience as another data point which may help all of us understand when their own V's will be arriving at the dealer.
I actually placed a deposit on a V coupe on January 14th so I'm more that anxious to be driving it.!! I'm not exactly sure when my dealer actually entered the order but my best guess is mid-May. Here is what is on order for me.
Crystal Red
Manual
Moon roof
Recaro (Ebony)
Suede steering wheel
Polished wheels
Just a few days ago I registered on the camaro tracking site with my order number and earlier today received the first update from that site. It now says Status 3000: Order accepted by production control. No date noted for TPW. I note that others have received TPW's of 8/2 and 8/9. I'm happy for those folks but am wondering what, if anything, may be delaying a TPW for my order? Could it be the Crystal Red and/or the manual? Perhaps with other data points we can get a better feel about Cadillac's sequence of production. I would encourage others to post their information and I will be updating this thread as I learn more.
BTW, my dealer in Cleveland is among those dealers who now have a Thunder Gray with automatic sitting in their showroom. Nice car and looking forward to my eventual delivery.!!
Jerry

neuronbob
07-16-10, 09:18 PM
Which dealer in Cleveland? Def want to check it out.

jerryv
07-17-10, 10:53 AM
Which dealer in Cleveland? Def want to check it out.

Central Cadillac. I've been working directly with the new car sales manager.
Jerry

aj660
07-17-10, 01:08 PM
I ordered the manual and I still see code (3000)- "order accepted by production control" on the tracking website. Anybody here order a manual and have a higher code than (3000) ?

jerryv
07-17-10, 02:30 PM
I ordered the manual and I still see code (3000)- "order accepted by production control" on the tracking website. Anybody here order a manual and have a higher code than (3000) ?

Or even a status of 3000 with a TPW assigned for a manual order. Apparently some orders for an automatic and a 3000 status code already have an assigned TPW.
Jerry

BeagleBrains
07-18-10, 06:37 PM
Tpw = ?

Moceanu
07-19-10, 06:57 AM
Tpw = ?

Target Production Week

BeagleBrains
07-19-10, 01:56 PM
Thank you for the clarification.
My Dealer Sales Rep also confirmed the TPW to be 08/02/2010.
I have not received any other updates.:helpless:

jerryv
07-19-10, 02:43 PM
Thank you for the clarification.
My Dealer Sales Rep also confirmed the TPW to be 08/02/2010.
I have not received any other updates.:helpless:

Stephen,
Congrats on getting your TPW. Terrific news for you. I'm still trying to sort out what options are being ordered for those of you that have received a TPW. Any chance yours will be a manual transmission? What color and what other options have you ordered. Congrats again.
Jerry

Vcoupe11
07-19-10, 04:12 PM
Well consider this my pre-order post. Found dealer with allocation and head over tomorrow to talk $$$ and if works out will place order.
Plan the following:

Thunder Grey Chromaflair
Recarros w/ Saffron trim
6 speed manual tranny

Wish me luck guys!!

Gary

UPDATE 1:
Preliminary Order placed on 071710
Recarro seat trim changed to Ebony. Dealer could not submit Saffron in to the system.
Now the long wait. Signed up to Camaro5 tracking with email alerts :)

CopperSunburstCTS
07-20-10, 12:14 AM
To those that asked, mine is Radiant Silver AND is a Manual tranny and I got the 8/2/10 build week. I got everything EXCEPT the Recarros. It wasn't the price that made me opt not to get them (which IS very hefty)... they surely offer more lateral support for racing, but they also force a lumbar curve in your back regardless of lumbar inflation level. Plus my left leg rests on the hard side bolster which continues too far to the edge of the seat, more so than it needs to for hip/butt latteral support. I guess if you are a heavy or large person it may be more comfortable, but I'm not, I am athletic 5'9, 150 lbs. And I have no intention of racing the car, so comfort was the overriding factor. Yes, i wish the regular seats were shaped differently and had side seat back bolsters that were tighter but still plush so you "sink" more into the seat like some other luxury sports cars do. I have tested just about every sports sedan/coupe on the market in the this price range and decided on the CTS. I have been waiting for GM to build a car like this since the 1992 Olds Trofeo with FE-3 suspension, GM's last high level high-tech (it cost $30k in 1992!) 2 door 4-passenger MID-sized Coupe. Underpowered and FWD so not a true performance car, but then look at all the weight gain and non sporty attributes that crept into the Eldorado & Riviera.

I debated internally about color choice (very poor conservative color choices offered as usual from Caddy unfortunately). I like greys but Thunder Grey was just too dark for me and not a true medium-large metallic flake metal looking grey because of the golden-green chromaflair added, its like it doesn't know what color it wants to be. Sometimes it looks outstanding though in a perfect bright light. Black looks stealthy, but does not show up the lines and angles and tones down all the sharp edges, all of which are the highlights of this car's styling. And of course black only looks good just cleaned and in the light. I am not a Silver color person (because it just doesn't have enough "color" for me and it is too popular; every other car on the road is silver) but it seemed like the best choice IMHO for this particular futuristic looking edgy car and Silver looks great in the night as well as the bright sunlight.

To someone who asked what decides build week, well, besides everything else with color, options, etc, not everybody's car can be built in that same week, so ability to build x number of cars per week is also one reason, not necessarily a certain option/color restriction, etc.

Soooo, all things considered, safe to say, I am excited as all hell to get this car!

khoeysr
07-20-10, 11:46 AM
I just got a production week of 8/16 for my V Coupe. It's black raven, auto, sunroof, recaros, ebony/saffron, polished wheels.

My dealer's order manager emailed me, and I also have had a guy from Cadillac customer service who has been calling me weekly with updates who confirmed the production week of 8/16. I would expect that the Camaro tracking website will update tomorrow or so.

So we're getting closer.

Vcoupe11
07-21-10, 10:21 AM
Thunder Grey Chromaflair
Recarros w/ Ebony Trim
6 speed manual tranny

UPDATE 1:
Preliminary Order placed on 071710
Recarro seat trim changed to Ebony. Dealer could not submit Saffron in to the system.
Now the long wait. Signed up to Camaro5 tracking with email alerts :)

UPDATE 2: Status Date July 20, 2010

khoeysr
07-21-10, 10:28 AM
We're still in unknown territory here. We are starting to see the dealer stock coupes being purchased off the lots, but nobody who has ordered one actually has it yet, so we have no feel for the time frames from initial order to delivery.

My sales guy said I should have had the car in 4-6 weeks from date of order, which was 6/1, meaning I should be looking out the window at it now. With a TPW of 8/16, I am guessing closer to labor day.

Oh well, when you want to be one of the first you have to play the waiting game.

BeagleBrains
07-21-10, 01:08 PM
Just received this:
VIN# N/A ORDER# Nxxxxxx Status Date July 21, 2010

Then, a couple of minutes later, my Sales Rep reported that, checking with GM, the new Brake and Caliper color options will be available Q1 2011. This guy is performing as I would expect of a competent Salesman.
Life is good! :highfive:

jerryv
07-21-10, 02:04 PM
Just received an update today (July 21) from the camarotracking site. I'm in a state of shock and perhaps disbelief and at the same time jumping for joy. Last week the status was 3000 with no date. Today's update shows "Status "(3300) Order scheduled for production" and "Notes 07/26/2010" I'm assuming the date is my TPW which is next week. Wow.!!!
My order consists of Crystal Red, Manual, Sun roof, Recaro w/ebony, Suede steering wheel, Polished wheels. I'll continue to update this thread as I proceed thru the system.
Jerry

CopperSunburstCTS
07-21-10, 02:41 PM
I too am delighted I just got bumped from code 3000 to code 3300, and my build week is 8/2/10. At this point the week of production is no longer an estimate, it is pretty much set in stone. Silver with Manual and 2-tone Titanium and Black interior

khoeysr
07-21-10, 04:26 PM
Just received an update today (July 21) from the camarotracking site. I'm in a state of shock and perhaps disbelief and at the same time jumping for joy. Last week the status was 3000 with no date. Today's update shows "Status "(3300) Order scheduled for production" and "Notes 07/26/2010" I'm assuming the date is my TPW which is next week. Wow.!!!
My order consists of Crystal Red, Manual, Sun roof, Recaro w/ebony, Suede steering wheel, Polished wheels. I'll continue to update this thread as I proceed thru the system.
Jerry

jerryv congrats. Looks like 7/26 is a red week.

jerryv
07-24-10, 03:21 PM
Thought this might be of interest to those of us that are tracking their V Coupes or will be tracking their progress in the near term. I've had an exchange of emails with the Administrator of the camarotracking web site and it would appear, at least for the time being, that we will not be seeing status codes beyond 3800. After that we should be contacting our dealers for further status. His response as it appears on the forum at the tracking site follows.
"Jerry I am sorry to report that it is true that we are only provided data from GM for Camaros once they are built. However, We are in fact meeting with GM in the very very near future to discuss how to provide information for all the other models and brands all they way home like we do for the Performance Division of Chevrolet. Yes you will still get the 3800 Produced status and Vin number and yes when the vin number on line window sticker is available you will be able to see it by clicking on it on your status. Once your car is issued a vin number simply contact your dealer and have them contact the Dealer business Center on the phone. Have them ask for your status and rail car number and come on back."

Jerry

Vcoupe11
07-25-10, 09:54 AM
Jerry,
Thanks for the update on your V build. I look forward to further updates (my order is still at 1100).

Also good information on how to track the car after 3800 status. I look forward to being at that status in the not too distant future.

Gary

BeagleBrains
07-28-10, 03:02 PM
From .. ... event status . .. to 3000,... the order is truly approved for production. The next .. is 3400. ....scheduled for build and given a build week. Once the order is built, it will be assigned 3800 status and will have a VIN. From there it becomes all about tracking the delivery.
~ Matt
Received Tracking EMail: VIN# N/A ORDER# NZzzzz Status Date July 28, 2010
I will be expecting the next Tracking will provide a VIN. :cloud9:

Vcoupe11
07-28-10, 05:16 PM
Thunder Grey Chromaflair
Recarros w/ Ebony Trim
6 speed manual tranny
Order Date: July 17, 2010

UPDATE 3: Status Date July 28, 2010

jerryv
07-28-10, 06:11 PM

Looks like a few of us are getting close now. As posted earlier I have a TPW of 07/26/2010. On 7/21 my status was 3300. For the past two days my status was/is 3400 Order broadcast.
If I understand the tracking procedure, once an order reaches 3400 daily email updates will continue even if there is no change. I'm looking forward to seeing the 3800 status one of these days. When that happens I'll report back.

Jerry

Vcoupe11
07-28-10, 06:24 PM
Looks like a few of us are getting close now. As posted earlier I have a TPW of 07/26/2010. On 7/21 my status was 3300. For the past two days my status was/is 3400 Order broadcast.
If I understand the tracking procedure, once an order reaches 3400 daily email updates will continue even if there is no change. I'm looking forward to seeing the 3800 status one of these days. When that happens I'll report back.

Jerry

Jerry,
May the 3800 day be upon you soon :)

Gary

BeagleBrains
07-28-10, 07:03 PM
I feel like a kid watching the gifts accumulate around the Christmas Tree. :thumbsup:
My Sales Rep wrote:
On Jul 28, 2010, at 01:46 PM, Owen Reese <OReese@lithia.com> wrote:
Hello Stephen! I see the order status for your new CTS is now at "3400 Order Broadcast." If I remember correctly, that means it's had all of the parts necessary for construction gathered together and is scheduled (presents wrapped and uder the tree) to start on the production line next week. A VIN should be produced next week sometime too. I'll let you know as soon as I know!

Vcoupe11
07-28-10, 07:14 PM
I feel like a kid watching the gifts accumulate around the Christmas Tree. :thumbsup:
My Sales Rep wrote:
On Jul 28, 2010, at 01:46 PM, Owen Reese <OReese@lithia.com> wrote:
Hello Stephen! I see the order status for your new CTS is now at "3400 Order Broadcast." If I remember correctly, that means it's had all of the parts necessary for construction gathered together and is scheduled (presents wrapped and uder the tree) to start on the production line next week. A VIN should be produced next week sometime too. I'll let you know as soon as I know!

Stephen,
Congrats!!
Remember to open the box that say's "open me first" right away. That should be the one with the camera. Then you can take pictures and share with the other people just now picking out the tree for the future package to sit under (me) :)

Gary

CopperSunburstCTS
07-29-10, 02:01 PM
Received Tracking EMail: VIN# N/A ORDER# NZzzzz Status Date July 28, 2010
I will be expecting the next Tracking will provide a VIN. :cloud9:

I got the same code and build week, does this mean our cars will be related? :cool2:

htompkins
07-29-10, 02:45 PM
I've ordered my V Coupe, but need to discuss price with the dealer.... is anyone getting more than $1k off on this 1st batch of coupes? Thanks!

jerryv
07-29-10, 05:33 PM
Jerry

Just to recap. On 7/21 Status 3300 was posted on the tracking web site. On 7/27 and 7/28 the daily updates showed a status of 3400. Today, 7/29, the status is 3800 Order Produced and I see my VIN number. As mentioned on the tracking web site, http://www.camarotracking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67 , I cannot yet see my window sticker but hopefully that will happen in the next few days. So my car has actually been produced.!!! My dealer can now also see the VIN but not the window sticker yet. As I mentioned in another post the moderator of the tracking site said that orders for Cadillacs will not be receiving updates beyond status 3800. All that I can suggest is for those that are interested in further tracking info to read the Post Production Tracking section of the URL just given above for further info. Apparently dealers are able to see the carrier name and railcar number if being shipped by rail. If this can be obtained from the dealer then I assume you could follow the instructions on the tracking site to obtain tracking info directly from the rail system's automated tracking process by calling and keying in the appropriate numbers. Glad that I'll be seeing my V Coupe soon. It's been a long time since I placed the deposit with the dealer on January 14th.

Jerry

Vcoupe11
07-29-10, 06:55 PM
:

Just to recap. On 7/21 Status 3300 was posted on the tracking web site. On 7/27 and 7/28 the daily updates showed a status of 3400. Today, 7/29, the status is 3800 Order Produced and I see my VIN number. As mentioned on the tracking web site, http://www.camarotracking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67 , I cannot yet see my window sticker but hopefully that will happen in the next few days. So my car has actually been produced.!!! My dealer can now also see the VIN but not the window sticker yet. As I mentioned in another post the moderator of the tracking site said that orders for Cadillacs will not be receiving updates beyond status 3800. All that I can suggest is for those that are interested in further tracking info to read the Post Production Tracking section of the URL just given above for further info. Apparently dealers are able to see the carrier name and railcar number if being shipped by rail. If this can be obtained from the dealer then I assume you could follow the instructions on the tracking site to obtain tracking info directly from the rail system's automated tracking process by calling and keying in the appropriate numbers. Glad that I'll be seeing my V Coupe soon. It's been a long time since I placed the deposit with the dealer on January 14th.

Jerry

:highfive: :2thumbs:

aj660
07-29-10, 09:59 PM
I've ordered my V Coupe, but need to discuss price with the dealer.... is anyone getting more than $1k off on this 1st batch of coupes? Thanks!

This is a very good point; I haven't discussed price at all with my dealer. The invoice that they recently gave me said almost $69k, which is the sticker price. I think my dealer is expecting me to pay sticker because I'm getting the first manual V-Coupe.

I''ll see if they can come down a bit, but I won't worry about it either way. I'd rather pay sticker and get 0% financing if that program is being offered.

BeagleBrains
07-30-10, 10:13 AM
I had some brief discussions with my Sales Rep about the price and negotiating final payment. No real substantive answer. So! I sent an email to the Sales Manager and the Sales Rep stating that final cost needs determination. The Dealership Internet Site even provided a price report service to which I responded, filling in every "required" information block. Their answer was a canned automatic email:
We look forward to serving you ..... .. .... General Manager Cedar Rapids Buick GMC Cadillac Kia
Hello, Stephen. My ...... ... . . ...I am the manager of Lithia Buick GMC Cadillac of Cedar Rapids. Thank you for contacting us!

Only the day before, I received a note from the Dealer about the PTW and what to expect in the next weeks. How soon they forget. Stephen who????:confused:

khoeysr
07-30-10, 12:55 PM
I don't want to disclose the particulars of my deal to trade my 09 V sedan for a 11 Vcoupe, but I will say that I have made better deals.

If you want something fast, you need to be prepared to pay for it. Supply, demand, and buyer's motivation are all factors that car dealers use to try to manipulate us.

I don't think we'll see any finance incentives on a V Coupe any time soon, if at all. Will depend on dealer inventory levels I would guess.

I will try to lean on them for free or reduced stuff after the sale.

cbloveday
07-30-10, 01:17 PM
I don't want to disclose the particulars of my deal to trade my 09 V sedan for a 11 Vcoupe, but I will say that I have made better deals.

If you want something fast, you need to be prepared to pay for it. Supply, demand, and buyer's motivation are all factors that car dealers use to try to manipulate us.

I don't think we'll see any finance incentives on a V Coupe any time soon, if at all. Will depend on dealer inventory levels I would guess.

I will try to lean on them for free or reduced stuff after the sale.

I hear ya but you should have a little leverage before the sale vs after and toward the end of the month, when they need one more sale on the books for the month.

khoeysr
07-30-10, 05:11 PM
Yes cb, that's a good point. If for some reason my deal fell out now my car goes into their inventory, goes on floor plan, and I don't know that they do much if any volume in the V. They have a loaded white diamond that's been in the showroom for at least 3 months.

I can always ask for something when the time comes. Also, the trade allowance was less than i wanted, probably because they couldn't be sure when the new one would come in and thus how many miles would be on the trade.

Oh well, with build week of 8/16 coming up, it'll all be over soon.

BeagleBrains
08-04-10, 12:44 PM
http://www.camarotracking.com/track.php?track=sprncpr%40mchsi.com has failed me. No update since 8-3-2010 with a 3400 Status.
Lithia Cadillac just called. The Salesman reported that our new CTS V Coupe is on the Transport and traversing the highways to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. :cool:
New Car VIN: 1G6DV1EP2B0111329 Reported this to my insurance man to ensure the car is covered the second I sit in the Driver's seat.
Our friend in Illinois is on the way to pick up his 2004 CTS V black beauty.
I have to take an extra dose of my heart medicine now!

Vcoupe11
08-04-10, 02:10 PM
http://www.camarotracking.com/track.php?track=sprncpr%40mchsi.com has failed me. No update since 8-3-2010 with a 3400 Status.
Lithia Cadillac just called. The Salesman reported that our new CTS V Coupe is on the Transport and traversing the highways to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. :cool:
New Car VIN: 1G6DV1EP2B0111329 Reported this to my insurance man to ensure the car is covered the second I sit in the Driver's seat.
Our friend in Illinois is on the way to pick up his 2004 CTS V black beauty.
I have to take an extra dose of my heart medicine now!
Stephan,
Wow that was quick. They began build on 08/02/10 and the V was on the transport and headed your way on 08/04/10. Do I read that correctly?

Congrats!!!

Gary

khoeysr
08-04-10, 05:16 PM
Stephan,
Wow that was quick. They began build on 08/02/10 and the V was on the transport and headed your way on 08/04/10. Do I read that correctly?

Congrats!!!

Gary

Yes, that is terrific if the time frame is correct. I have a build week of 8/16 so I am going to be very interested in the time frame for those who are ahead of me, namely how long from build to "sit in it".

hamta
08-04-10, 08:34 PM
I have a TPW of 8/16/10 as well and Sewell Cadillac in Grapevine indicated that delivery would be approximately 2 weeks from that date, so on or about August 31st.

BeagleBrains
08-04-10, 09:30 PM
:thumbsup:Talked again with the Dealership Manager. Only ten (10) Manual Shift V's are to be built this week. And......one is built for Stephen P.
Damn the luck!!!! However; the information may not account for the wait time to get enough orders to fill up a transport for actual shipping to Central Iowa.
Hoping.

jft69z
08-04-10, 09:44 PM
I spoke to my dealer over the weekend & got a TPW of 8-16 also. This is for a Black V-Coupe with a manual trans, so at least it seems like there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I keep checking the camarotracking.com website but they have not updated it yet today. It is still stuck at 2500 (order preferenced) from last weeks update.

Vcoupe11
08-04-10, 11:55 PM
I spoke to my dealer over the weekend & got a TPW of 8-16 also. This is for a Black V-Coupe with a manual trans, so at least it seems like there is some light at the end of the tunnel. I keep checking the camarotracking.com website but they have not updated it yet today. It is still stuck at 2500 (order preferenced) from last weeks update.
Jft69z,
My status on Camarotracking remains at 2500 also which is the same as last week. The dealer is suppose to give me an update tomorrow.
Hope it good news like yours.

Gary

aj660
08-05-10, 01:15 AM
My status is 3000 and I also have a TPW of 8/16. I ordered Silver with Manual tranny, recaros (black/black), wood option, and that's it. My dealer told me late August or early Sept at the latest.

BeagleBrains
08-05-10, 11:49 AM
Received 08-05-2010/08:50 this tracking update:
VIN# 1G6DV1EP2B01nnnnn ORDER# Nxxxxx Status Date August 5, 2010

Vcoupe11
08-05-10, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Vcoupe11
Thunder Grey Chromaflair
Recarros w/ Ebony Trim
6 speed manual tranny

UPDATE 4: Status Date August 05, 2010
Notes: 08/16/2010

Camaro Tracking updated status today. Dealer status update (as promised) not received as yet.

aj660
08-05-10, 09:47 PM
I just checked and my status is now 3400. It shows update on August 5th. My dealer told me that my car may likely be ready sooner than 8/16 even though my build date is 8/16. I was actualy surprised to see 3400 today considering it's only August 5th. I'm pretty happy !!!

BeagleBrains
08-06-10, 09:14 AM
Good news and no news. "contact your dealer" means my new CTS V Coupe will be under his control and soon thereafter, it will be my car.
VIN# 1G6DV1EP2B01nnnnn ORDER# NZnnnn Status Date August 5, 2010
Status: Please contact your dealer as we can only track Camaros post production at this time.
View Dealer - Configure Alerts - Previous Event

CopperSunburstCTS
08-09-10, 09:47 PM
I got my VIN number Thursday late morning, so it was either finishing production Thurs morning or it finished production Wed and they updated the status Thurs. Either way I am soooooo glad it was not a Monday or Friday car, not that I think that has much to do with build quality anymore, there are way more checks and balances than there used to be. But a buddy of mine that used to work for Fisher Body said it really did make a differnce back in the day. Mine is Silver with a Manual.

cadillacandalambo
08-10-10, 05:37 AM

From my understanding, an event status change can happen anytime during the week. The exception to this is the change from the 2000's to 3000, which generally happens late Tuesday night. This is when the order is truly approved for production. The next major event is 3400. At this point the order is scheduled for build and given a build week. Once the order is built, it will be assigned 3800 status and will have a VIN. From there it becomes all about tracking the delivery.

I ordered the car 5/6/10, and verified the "preliminary" order last Wednesday. Thursday the "preliminary" order was assigned allocation. I wouldn't start to worry about your order till next week. If you suspect that your dealer might not have allocation, you can request that they show you their current allocation by week.

~ Matt

P.S. To clarify, order auto, all options except polished wheels and paint. MSRP $70,590.00 including destination.

Damn, I got mine 2 weeks ago fully loaded with paint, recaro's, polishes wheels and huge brembo calipers and it was still under 69k

BeagleBrains
08-10-10, 02:10 PM
Status: Please contact your dealer as we can only track Cadillacs post-production at this time.
Well, I contacted my dealer today. Check this out: http://gallery.me.com/carolnstephe#100113
We should be taking delivery this afternoon.:cool2:

Vcoupe11
08-11-10, 10:40 AM
Status: Please contact your dealer as we can only track Cadillacs post-production at this time.
Well, I contacted my dealer today. Check this out: http://gallery.me.com/carolnstephe#100113
Wow that did turn out to be a very quick turnaround from production week to delivery, 1 week!!!

Gary

khoeysr
08-11-10, 11:54 AM

Hey Stephen, congrats. Hope it's the best car you've ever had. Good for your wife that she's going to handle a 6 speed. She's a good woman!

I just got an update from Camaro Tracking. I'm still on track for 8/16 production week; I was harboring an irrational hope that perhaps I would see a 3800 (order produced) as a nice surprise. Oh well, it's almost all over now.

Keep us posted about your impressions of the car, please, good or bad.

hamta
08-11-10, 12:28 PM
I also just got the tracking update. TPW still 8/16. I too was hoping to move from 3400 to 3800, no such luck. It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

So close yet so far away...

khoeysr
08-11-10, 03:52 PM
I also just got the tracking update. TPW still 8/16. I too was hoping to move from 3400 to 3800, no such luck. It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

So close yet so far away...

Hamta, I hear you. Once it's built, my car has to find its way to Rochester, NY. Where will your be headed?

hamta
08-11-10, 08:10 PM
My dealer is only about 7 miles away. So not long drive at all. It's the 2 weeks that's going to kill me.

BTW, the dealerships have the 2011 CTS Coupe brochure in stock (both models in one brochure). Picked mine up today.

jft69z
08-11-10, 08:27 PM
once it's built, my car has to find its way to Rochester, NY. Where will your be headed?

It looks like both our cars may possibly be on the same train together. I have the same TPW of 8-16 and it's destination dealer will be in Buffalo. What dealer did you get it from in Rochester? I took a trip out to Valley Cadillac to see a V-sedan before I ordered the coupe.

Joe

aj660
08-11-10, 10:36 PM
It looks like both our cars may possibly be on the same train together. I have the same TPW of 8-16 and it's destination dealer will be in Buffalo. What dealer did you get it from in Rochester? I took a trip out to Valley Cadillac to see a V-sedan before I ordered the coupe.

Joe

Make that 3 of us. I also live in NY and have 8/16 build date. However, I was updated today to (3400) order broadcast and the picture of the back of the V-Coupe is no longer there. I ordered Radiant Silver (changed ext color 2 weeks ago) , blk blk interior, Manual 6sp, recaros, wood trim...

khoeysr
08-12-10, 07:58 AM

Joe

Hey Joe, it is Valley Cadillac. Did you look at the '10 White Diamond sedan that was in the showroom?

jft69z
08-12-10, 09:01 AM
Hey Joe, it is Valley Cadillac. Did you look at the '10 White Diamond sedan that was in the showroom?

It was a black one they had out front. This was probably around early June, and shortly after I ordered the coupe from Keyser.

khoeysr
08-13-10, 09:27 AM
It was a black one they had out front. This was probably around early June, and shortly after I ordered the coupe from Keyser.

Joe, I was up there in May and twice in June, never saw a black V. Can't believe I missed it.

Anyway, yesterday I got a call from one of the owners of the dealer I bought my sedan from (I did not order my coupe from them- originally they had allocation issues). He tells me they ordered a car for me to my specs, and then he offered to sweeten my deal with the other guys by $1000. He told me that his order had reached 3000 status but said he didn't have a TPW. I have asked him for the order number so I can track it. My original order has TPW nwxt week 8/16.

The plot thickens.

jft69z
08-13-10, 02:23 PM
Joe, I was up there in May and twice in June, never saw a black V. Can't believe I missed it.

Anyway, yesterday I got a call from one of the owners of the dealer I bought my sedan from (I did not order my coupe from them- originally they had allocation issues). He tells me they ordered a car for me to my specs, and then he offered to sweeten my deal with the other guys by $1000. He told me that his order had reached 3000 status but said he didn't have a TPW. I have asked him for the order number so I can track it. My original order has TPW nwxt week 8/16.

The plot thickens.

I found the car at Valley by their website inventory status at the time. There was a white one in the showroom at the time but this one was parked outside the front door on the sidewalk. My SHORT experience with them wasn't a very good one, salesman was a jerk. I got a call two weeks ago from his "replacement" and he couldn't apologize enough for how this guy acted after I talked to him for a bit. He said he was no longer there and was very willing to do whatever he needed to help the customer. I explained that I ordered the coupe locally a few days after that experience & he was still very nice and we continued to talk for quite a long time. Initially my impression was that I would never spend a cent there and used the original salesman's business card as a toothpick on the ride home (even the new guy liked that one & agreed they are good for that...), but after speaking to him it changed my feelings a bit. I can't remember his name now, but he would be the "new guy" who replaced the rude Tony Soprano wanna-be.

khoeysr
08-13-10, 06:55 PM
I found the car at Valley by their website inventory status at the time. There was a white one in the showroom at the time but this one was parked outside the front door on the sidewalk. My SHORT experience with them wasn't a very good one, salesman was a jerk. I got a call two weeks ago from his "replacement" and he couldn't apologize enough for how this guy acted after I talked to him for a bit. He said he was no longer there and was very willing to do whatever he needed to help the customer. I explained that I ordered the coupe locally a few days after that experience & he was still very nice and we continued to talk for quite a long time. Initially my impression was that I would never spend a cent there and used the original salesman's business card as a toothpick on the ride home (even the new guy liked that one & agreed they are good for that...), but after speaking to him it changed my feelings a bit. I can't remember his name now, but he would be the "new guy" who replaced the rude Tony Soprano wanna-be.

I can't say I have been unhappy with my sales guy and the order manager. I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the used car guy who was criticizing my car, the same car that he'd be touting to a person who walked onto his lot. But that's how that thing goes.

It's possible that Crest Cadillac in Syracuse may swoop in and steal the deal.

jft69z
08-13-10, 07:18 PM

The plot thickens.

So your next big decision is do you wait an unknown amount of time for the new dealers TPW to save $1000, or go with the sure thing that our cars are being built next week. So close & yet so far....

sybersport
08-14-10, 02:17 AM
So not a story about a coupe, but I'm so pumped I wanted to post... ordered a 2011 Sedan on June 30th... got a call today that it will be here in ~1 week :)

khoeysr
08-14-10, 10:03 AM
So your next big decision is do you wait an unknown amount of time for the new dealers TPW to save $1000, or go with the sure thing that our cars are being built next week. So close & yet so far....

Yeah, it's just a blast. I told the second dealer that once I knew my car was built I'd come over and he could work up an official deal. Really can't lose; will get the car from somebody soon, and maybe I can get a deal match. One thing's for sure- those dealers can sure play ping pong with you if you let them. I try to hold my paddle tighter.

digital1021
08-14-10, 06:22 PM
Hey, just wanted to check in and see how all the orders are going. Looks like you all will have your cars soon, though it never seems soon enough. I will say this, I think you all will find it to be worth the wait.

~ Matt

Vcoupe11
08-16-10, 03:31 PM
Hey, just wanted to check in and see how all the orders are going. Looks like you all will have your cars soon, though it never seems soon enough. I will say this, I think you all will find it to be worth the wait.

~ Matt

Hi Matt,
This (081610) week is the TPW for quite a few of us. I am refreshing my email very often today hoping for an update to 3800.

I am sure it is worth the wait, just hard to concieve of that state at this point :)

Gary

jft69z
08-16-10, 04:26 PM
Hi Matt,
This (081610) week is the TPW for quite a few of us. I am refreshing my email very often today hoping for an update to 3800.

I am sure it is worth the wait, just hard to concieve of that state at this point :)

Gary

Hey Gary,

I just found this refresher for us on the camarotracking site:

"If you are at 3400 with a current TPW, your order will be checked daily (starting Tuesday) of that week. If you do not have a VIN by the Saturday of your production week, you will not have one until the following Tuesday"

Hopefully we will all have some good news real soon!!

Joe T.

Vcoupe11
08-16-10, 05:15 PM
Joe T,
Thanks for that update.
I guess I can stop checking my email every 5 minutes now, sigh.

Gary

jft69z
08-16-10, 05:41 PM
Joe T,
Thanks for that update.
I guess I can stop checking my email every 5 minutes now, sigh.

Gary

I know how you feel....it's worse than watching paint dry.

hamta
08-17-10, 05:14 PM
Dealer just called and I just got an email from Camaro Tracking, CTS-V Coupe just went to status 3800, I have my VIN. Car is produced and ready for shipping (whenever that will be?). Should be driving this bad boy in less than 2 weeks (hopefully???).

I can't wait...

I'll let you know when I pick her up.

Regards,

hamta

Vcoupe11
08-17-10, 05:20 PM
Re: CTS-V Coupe Order Tracking
Originally Posted by Vcoupe11
Thunder Grey Chromaflair
Recarros w/ Ebony Trim
6 speed manual tranny

UPDATE 5: Status Date August 17, 2010
Notes: No notes for this even

Hamta,
You have company!! I just got my email from Camaro Tracking also with the VIN.
Now I have to figure out how to track the shipment, not sure if it goes via train or by truck. Have to check in with the dealer to see if he knows how to follow movement.

jft69z
08-17-10, 05:44 PM
Congratulations to both of you guys!!

I feel like Charlie Brown at Halloween..."I got a rock" , maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day.

Vcoupe11
08-17-10, 06:50 PM
Congratulations to both of you guys!!

I feel like Charlie Brown at Halloween..."I got a rock" , maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day.

jft69z,
I just talked to Lucy and she promised not to move the football, tomorrows your day!!!!!!!!!

Gary

jft69z
08-17-10, 07:25 PM
jft69z,
I just talked to Lucy and she promised not to move the football, tomorrows your day!!!!!!!!!

Gary

Thanks Gary,

But she's a liar, I might need to contact Mel Gibson to set her a** straight...(j/k)

aj660
08-18-10, 02:14 AM
Hmmm, my build date was also 8/16, but my status is still: (3400) order broadcast. My status date was updated today August 17, 2010, but no VIN # yet.

jft69z
08-18-10, 08:19 AM
Hmmm, my build date was also 8/16, but my status is still: (3400) order broadcast. My status date was updated today August 17, 2010, but no VIN # yet.

aj660,

8-16-10 is the "target production week" (TPW). The good news is once you reach the build week, camarotracking.com will update the build status daily. I'm in the same boat as you at this point, impatiently waiting.

Joe T.

khoeysr
08-18-10, 10:54 AM
I am overcome with emotion as I write this.

My order has reached 3800 with a VIN- "Order produced".

May others soon see this happen for them.

aj660
08-18-10, 12:28 PM
I am still impatiently waiting with status still 3400.....

How long does it take to pick up the car after the order reaches 3800 with a VIN # ?

khoeysr
08-18-10, 01:30 PM
I am still impatiently waiting with status still 3400.....

How long does it take to pick up the car after the order reaches 3800 with a VIN # ?

AJ, I called Cadillac Customer Service who told me the car had been "dispatched to the dealer". So assuming it actually was built this week, that's pretty freakin' fast. Since the dealer in Rochester NY isn't far from the plant, if in fact it has been shipped, it should be here soon.

Now I say all this with a grain of salt, because the term "dispatched" may not mean "on the road". I have emailed both the sales rep and the order manager at the dealership to see what they know about it, haven't heard back yet.

jft69z
08-18-10, 01:49 PM
AJ, I called Cadillac Customer Service who told me the car had been "dispatched to the dealer". So assuming it actually was built this week, that's pretty freakin' fast. Since the dealer in Rochester NY isn't far from the plant, if in fact it has been shipped, it should be here soon.

Now I say all this with a grain of salt, because the term "dispatched" may not mean "on the road". I have emailed both the sales rep and the order manager at the dealership to see what they know about it, haven't heard back yet.

Kevin,

Don't get to anxious, you still have to wait for them to build my car sometime this week before they'll send yours this way!! j/k :crying2:

I'm stuck at 3400 after today's update & read on the camarotracking forum that Eric posted he will be on the road tomorrow (Thurs.) and probably will not get to the daily update until Friday. For anyone else with a TPW of 8/16 and no 3800/VIN# it will be a looooonnnnng wait.

Joe T

Vcoupe11
08-18-10, 01:55 PM
Kevin,

Don't get to anxious, you still have to wait for them to build my car sometime this week before they'll send yours this way!! j/k :crying2:

I'm stuck at 3400 after today's update & read on the camarotracking forum that Eric posted he will be on the road tomorrow (Thurs.) and probably will not get to the daily update until Friday. For anyone else with a TPW of 8/16 and no 3800/VIN# it will be a looooonnnnng wait.

Joe T

Joe T,
I take Mel was not available ;(

I think your dealer should be able to see the status at this point. Perhaps he could practice some customer service and provide this.

Gary

jft69z
08-18-10, 02:08 PM
Joe T,
I take Mel was not available ;(

I think your dealer should be able to see the status at this point. Perhaps he could practice some customer service and provide this.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I never bothered to call the dealer. Camarotracking updated the status this morning & it was still stuck at 3400 for the day. I may try to call them tomorrow afternoon if I can hold out that long. I don't want to bother them too much just yet, there's still plenty of time for me to do that before it arrives on the lot!

Joe

khoeysr
08-18-10, 06:02 PM
Hey Joe, my car is now 4800- bayed. Hope it doesn't get stuck in a Buffalo snow storm.

I will bet that by Friday's update yours is the same status.

Vcoupe11
08-18-10, 06:49 PM
Hey Joe, my car is now 4800- bayed. Hope it doesn't get stuck in a Buffalo snow storm.

I will bet that by Friday's update yours is the same status.

khoeysr,
How were you able to determine the 4800 code?

My dealer say's all he sees is 3800 and then 5000 on his orders. He does not remember seeing anything in between.

Is there a magic place I can look for this, or have the dealer look for codes?

Gary

aj660
08-18-10, 09:09 PM

Ok, thanks.... I spoke with my dealer. Sales mgr thinks I'll be at 3800 with VIN either tomorrow or Friday. He said I should be on the road by the 1st week of Sept at the latest and possibly by the end of August.

I'm already looking into mods lol....

hamta
08-18-10, 09:29 PM
My dealer called me this afternoon. My Coupe should be on a rail car to Fort Worth-Dallas by next Tuesday at the latest. Goes to the GM-Arlington plant, then on truck to my dealer in Grapevine, Texas. Three days by rail so should be at the Arlington plant by the 27th and then a day or two to the dealership. Looks like I could have mine as early as the 30th or 31st.

I can hardly wait. Just ordered my Lloyds mats (front, rear and trunk, with logos on front and trunk) from Autopride. They should get here about the same time as my Coupe.

Good times ahead.

khoeysr
08-18-10, 10:53 PM
khoeysr,
How were you able to determine the 4800 code?

My dealer say's all he sees is 3800 and then 5000 on his orders. He does not remember seeing anything in between.

Is there a magic place I can look for this, or have the dealer look for codes?

Gary

Gary, that info came from an email from my dealer's order manager. He sent me a screenshot of his status on a GM website. The Camaro site still shows status 3800; if I recall it will not be updated further. Once I saw my vin on the Camaro site I clicked on it and up came my window sticker.

My current status is 4800- bayed with carrier. I think that means it's in a staging area waiting to grab a ride. Since I'm in upstate NY not far from the plant I am hoping the wait will be short, but we shall see.

Bee iLL
08-19-10, 02:06 PM
Not sure if anyone is expecting one in northern Illinois, but today while hopping on I-294 north there was a car trailer with a Gray CTS-V coupe on the back. I tried snapping a couple pics with my phone, but they came out blurry. This car sure is a looker and the more I see it, the more I want one... However, I think I'll stick with my STS-V, as I'm sure in a year I will be seeing as many CTS-V Coupe's on the road as I do Sedan's now. I like having a low production vehicle that's very rare to see.

Vcoupe11
08-19-10, 03:00 PM
Gary, that info came from an email from my dealer's order manager. He sent me a screenshot of his status on a GM website. The Camaro site still shows status 3800; if I recall it will not be updated further. Once I saw my vin on the Camaro site I clicked on it and up came my window sticker.

My current status is 4800- bayed with carrier. I think that means it's in a staging area waiting to grab a ride. Since I'm in upstate NY not far from the plant I am hoping the wait will be short, but we shall see.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope your wait is short.

Gary

khoeysr
08-19-10, 04:01 PM
The car has arrived at the dealer. Making arrangements to pick it up tomorrow.

How about that?

I wish everyone else who's on the clock gets such good news very soon.

Vcoupe11
08-19-10, 05:15 PM

How about that?

Wow that has to be some sort of record for delivery.

Congrats

Gary

hamta
08-19-10, 05:34 PM
Wow that has to be some sort of record for delivery.

Congrats

Gary

khoeysr-

I agree with Gary, going from 3800 on the 16th or 17th and getting it delivered to YOU tomorrow on the 20th is unbelievably fast. I think I'll be lucky to get it a week from tomorrow, and here I thought that was pretty fast. It must be that good clean living for you.

Congratulatons and let us all know how your delivery went.

Best of luck.

hamta

jft69z
08-19-10, 07:30 PM

How about that?

Kevin,

Good for you!! I'm very happy for you.

Now I really feel like Charlie Brown, must be all of those bad karma points that my girlfriend keeps tells me about.:devil:

Joe T.

Update: Just got off the phone with the dealer, still at 3400. I mentioned your car went from built, to delivered to Rochester in a couple of days & he said it sounds normal for our location. It gets shipped by truck, no rail, so it does not take long at all.

khoeysr
08-19-10, 10:05 PM
Thanks to all for the good wishes. It sure was a quick process.

Joe, I bet by this time next week you will be Coupe-ing.

khoeysr
08-23-10, 12:52 PM
I have to admit it feels weird not to be looking in and digging for any info on where my car is. Everyone who is waiting, I am sure your time is coming, and believe me, it is worth the wait.

Let's hope for quick jumps to 3800.

aj660
08-23-10, 01:29 PM
I just got 3800 today ... I am very excited; I hope to get the car within a week or two....

Vcoupe11
08-23-10, 01:36 PM
I have to admit it feels weird not to be looking in and digging for any info on where my car is. Everyone who is waiting, I am sure your time is coming, and believe me, it is worth the wait.

Let's hope for quick jumps to 3800.

khoeyser,
Thanks for the encouragement.
I have been at 3800 since last Tuesday and according to the Dealer the story was the same last Friday. I am hoping for good news this week :)

Come on Karma!!!!!!!!
(then again maybe that is what is holding it up)

Gary

khoeysr
08-23-10, 02:36 PM
Hang in there, boyzz. I'm not driving much til you guys are driving yours!

jft69z
08-23-10, 03:30 PM
Hang in there, boyzz. I'm not driving much til you guys are driving yours!

My car was built last Thursday, they say. I called the dealer today and supposedly "their computers don't work today & they can't track it". Yeah, and "the check is in the mail", "I'll pull out, I promise", and last but not least, " I won't drive mine much until you guys get yours". :D

JT

aj660
08-23-10, 04:43 PM
I just got 3800 today ... I am very excited; I hope to get the car within a week or two....

I also got Vin # which is great. I also just realized that they made my car in the wrong color. I originally ordered Black and then changed to Radiant Silver on July 26th. The dealer told me it wouldn't be a problem and they even made me put the change in writing, which I did.

I just spoke with my salesperson and he apologized that they made my car black. I actually don't care because I like the look of the black V-Coupe. I didn't tell my dealer this because I can probably save a little money because of their mistake.

Vcoupe11
08-23-10, 06:17 PM
My car was built last Thursday, they say. I called the dealer today and supposedly "their computers don't work today & they can't track it". Yeah, and "the check is in the mail", "I'll pull out, I promise", and last but not least, " I won't drive mine much until you guys get yours". :D

JT

ROTFLMAO

Thats good JT. Maybe we should ask for daily photos of the Khoeysr's speedometer :)

Key word being "much".

Gary

hamta
08-23-10, 09:19 PM
khoeysr or anyone else-

Does the CTS-V Coupe come with a heated steering wheel? I seem to see conflicting information on this item? My V is still out about a week before delivery.

Thanks in advance.

hamta

htompkins
08-23-10, 11:34 PM
It is my understanding that only the non V coupe was available (option) with the heated steering wheel..... Hope I'm wrong!

aj660
08-23-10, 11:53 PM
I never really understood the desire for a heated steering wheel... Kind of a dumb option in my opinion..

hamta
08-23-10, 11:53 PM
htompkins-

You're right, I thought I read something that led me to believe otherwise, but my salesman corrected me. No heated steering wheel on the V Coupe. Bummer...

Thanks though.

hamta

khoeysr
08-24-10, 12:24 PM
khoeysr or anyone else-

Does the CTS-V Coupe come with a heated steering wheel? I seem to see conflicting information on this item? My V is still out about a week before delivery.

Thanks in advance.

hamta

Sorry hamta, no dice.

I also think it's kind of an odd option.

khoeysr
08-24-10, 12:26 PM
htompkins-

You're right, I thought I read something that led me to believe otherwise, but my salesman corrected me. No heated steering wheel on the V Coupe. Bummer...

Thanks though.

hamta

Sorry hamta, no heated steering wheel.

khoeysr
08-24-10, 12:28 PM
ROTFLMAO

Thats good JT. Maybe we should ask for daily photos of the Khoeysr's speedometer :)

Key word being "much".

Gary

You guys are killing me.

jft69z
08-24-10, 12:40 PM
You guys are killing me.

Kevin,

It's because we're all jealous, you know that.

They say my car is in transit, so if your timetable was any indication it should be here today or tomorrow.

Joe

Vcoupe11
08-24-10, 01:39 PM
The dealer called to advise my order is in "bayed" status. Hopefully this will follow Kevin's expedited delivery process. If it does perhaps I will have it by Thursday of this week :)

By the way Joe congratulations on the shipment, looks like Lucy has left the building :)

Gary

khoeysr
08-24-10, 02:59 PM
It's great to hear, boys. It won't be long now.

By the way, odometer is 102. :tisk:

khoeysr
08-26-10, 10:12 PM
C'mon guys, SOMEBODY got good news this week.

Tom_E
08-26-10, 11:16 PM
Well, mine is built and on the truck..... all the way to CA, so won't see until the end of next week..... tic toc tic toc :cool:

Crystal Red / Ebony interior

jmskinz
08-27-10, 01:37 AM
I just had my local dealer order me a V. I didn't receive any sort of order number, etc.... Do I need to call them to get it?

Vcoupe11
08-27-10, 09:48 AM
C'mon guys, SOMEBODY got good news this week.

No good news here. Dealer got invoice on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I have not been able to get any factual information from them since.
i could go on a rant here about dealers but I won't. Except to say, if Fed Ex can provide a tracking web site why couldn't GM provide the same for customers and we could by pass dealer BS.

rangerrob
08-27-10, 11:58 AM
somebody in the midwest should be getting their V coupe soon.... saw this on a trailer on my way to work...

hamta
08-27-10, 01:14 PM
Well my V Coupe has been on the rail car since August 21st and hasn't made it to Texas yet. Hopefully, I'll have it by September 1st. I agree with Vcoupe11, if UPS and FedEx can provide tracking numbers, there should be no reason why the car manufacturers can't do it as well. And frankly, I don't know why they wouldn't want to provide this service. I'm much more interested in the status of a $72,000 package than a $250 package...

jft69z
08-27-10, 01:21 PM
No good news here. Dealer got invoice on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I have not been able to get any factual information from them since.
i could go on a rant here about dealers but I won't. Except to say, if Fed Ex can provide a tracking web site why couldn't GM provide the same for customers and we could by pass dealer BS.

I am in the exact same situation. Car built last Tursday the 19th and it is nowhere to be found. They just looked again and said the status is 3800-produced. They kept saying it should be here any day, so I took a couple of days off this week for nothing. Just for giggles, I called Caddy cust. service the other day and all she did was put me in a 3 way conversation with my dealer, useless!!

Like you said, they can track anything nowadays, what is the big mystery here. If it's sitting at the factory waiting for enough vehicles to fill a transport truck, they should tell you the status. It is a 5 hour ride to the factory from my house, too bad they don't have the same deal as Corvette does where you could take delivery from there. Enough of the ranting...

khoeysr
08-27-10, 05:41 PM
Sorry Joe, that sucks. Yep, your car is waiting for an eastbound ride, that's all it is. It certainly does make you want to ride out there.

Hang on, it can't be much longer now. I know it doesn't help much, but it's worth the wait.

My best wished to all you guys. Looks like I just had an accident of good timing.

hamta
08-30-10, 12:53 PM
Has anyone gotten their V-Coupe lately? Haven't seen a status update post recently. I still haven't received mine and it's been on the rail car down here since the 21st. Hasn't landed in Texas yet. How long does it take a train to get down here from Michigan?

This wait is killing me.

Tom_E
08-30-10, 01:21 PM
Has anyone gotten their V-Coupe lately? Haven't seen a status update post recently. I still haven't received mine and it's been on the rail car down here since the 21st. Hasn't landed in Texas yet. How long does it take a train to get down here from Michigan?

This wait is killing me.

Do you know if your dealer has received the invoice or not? Mine was built the week of the 16th and it's still not here. Dealer got invoice on Friday and told me cars usually arrive within three days of them receiving the invoice from Cadillac.

Tom

Vcoupe11
08-30-10, 02:03 PM
Tom,
Mine was invoiced last Wednesday. No car yet.

Do you know if your dealer has received the invoice or not? Mine was built the week of the 16th and it's still not here. Dealer got invoice on Friday and told me cars usually arrive within three days of them receiving the invoice from Cadillac.

Tom

hamta,
I hear you. This information "Bermuda Triangle" process sucks.

This wait is killing me.

jft69z
08-30-10, 03:04 PM
Tom,
Mine was invoiced last Wednesday. No car yet.

hamta,
I hear you. This information "Bermuda Triangle" process sucks.

Same here, a whole lot of nothing. No invoice either, WTF...:mad:

Maybe someone here from Caddy customer service can help us out a bit? ...Please?

hamta
08-30-10, 03:24 PM
I talked to my dealer last Monday and they had the invoice. They gave me my net balance due after trade, TT&L, etc. Both the Sales Manager and my Salesman called me on Friday and indicated that the car was still on the rail car and hadn't hit the primary rail unloading area (Mesquite or Arlington, Texas), they also told me that after it landed at the unloading area, it would take 1 to 2 days to get to the dealership. So I'm not sure where the three day deal from invoice came from, but it's not the case in my deal. I don't know if it's geographically based or not, but it's been far longer than three days for me. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something...

hamta
08-30-10, 03:34 PM
Same here, a whole lot of nothing. No invoice either, WTF...:mad:

Maybe someone here from Caddy customer service can help us out a bit? ...Please?

jft69z-

Cadillac Customer Service helped me a couple of weeks ago and I think that they got the same information from the same source as the dealership, so although very nice, they didn't add anything to the equation. I've got a call in to my dealership for an update. I'll let everyone know what I hear from them.

jft69z
08-30-10, 04:50 PM
jft69z-

Cadillac Customer Service helped me a couple of weeks ago and I think that they got the same information from the same source as the dealership, so although very nice, they didn't add anything to the equation. I've got a call in to my dealership for an update. I'll let everyone know what I hear from them.

hamta,

I was thinking one of the Caddy customer service members of the forum may have been able to help out here. Maybe they have a better hotline to the mothership then the 1-800 number. I tried the phone based cust. service last week and all they did was put me in a 3 way conversation with MY dealership to track the vehicle.

At any rate, good luck & hopefully we will get some movement soon. It's almost 2 weeks since the cars were built and nothing. The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous too, would have been perfect to break the vehicle in for a couple of hundred miles.

Joe

hamta
08-30-10, 05:38 PM
Joe-

Finally got the opportunity to call my salesman. He checked the status this afternoon and my car made it to the rail dropoff today (Mesquite, Texas about 50 miles east of my dealer). He indicated that I should get the car between 1 - 3 days from today. By contract, (with the Teamsters???) it has to be delivered within three days, however, he didn't know if today is day 1 or if tomorrow begins the countdown. I am hoping to have it by Thursday at the latest.

Trying to stay positive...

Terry

hamta,

I was thinking one of the Caddy customer service members of the forum may have been able to help out here. Maybe they have a better hotline to the mothership then the 1-800 number. I tried the phone based cust. service last week and all they did was put me in a 3 way conversation with MY dealership to track the vehicle.

At any rate, good luck & hopefully we will get some movement soon. It's almost 2 weeks since the cars were built and nothing. The weather here has been absolutely gorgeous too, would have been perfect to break the vehicle in for a couple of hundred miles.

Joe

Tom_E
08-30-10, 05:53 PM
So I'm not sure where the three day deal from invoice came from, but it's not the case in my deal. ...

This came from me, and I only repeated what I am sure was an honest dealer telling me is factual......:histeric:

jft69z
08-30-10, 05:58 PM
Joe-

Finally got the opportunity to call my salesman. He checked the status this afternoon and my car made it to the rail dropoff today (Mesquite, Texas about 50 miles east of my dealer). He indicated that I should get the car between 1 - 3 days from today. By contract, (with the Teamsters???) it has to be delivered within three days, however, he didn't know if today is day 1 or if tomorrow begins the countdown. I am hoping to have it by Thursday at the latest.

Trying to stay positive...

Terry

Well that's good news Terry!! At least there is light at the end of the tunnel for you. Gary & I seem to still be in the dark.

In my case there isn't even the rail issue to deal with. We are close enough to the factory that they just truck them across Canada, I think (it saves about 1 hour travel time). It's ironic that Cassens (one of the transport companies) has a huge drop off yard about a half mile from my regular job. I looked in there today on the way into work & saw nothing. I did see a nice black SS Camaro in the yard though that is sure to make somebody happy very soon.

Good luck, you're almost there.

Joe

Vcoupe11
08-30-10, 06:50 PM
JT,
I was thinking of you today. I called the sales person (Lucy I think it was) and as it turns out I fell for the same trick again. They were going to call their "contact" and get the 411 on the car. Would be sure to call me right back.
That was at 08:30 this morning.............
Who moved the damn football.. aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

hamta
08-30-10, 07:02 PM
JT,
I was thinking of you today. I called the sales person (Lucy I think it was) and as it turns out I fell for the same trick again. They were going to call their "contact" and get the 411 on the car. Would be sure to call me right back.

Well, I've got to agree with you guys. There has to be a better, customer friendly way to track the status of our ordered cars. No news while waiting for a car like this is torture, plain and simple and why some of us seemingly get their cars more quickly than others is kind of weird. Joe is within hours of the plant and he hasn't heard anything lately and I'm 1200 miles away and it's nine days on the rail car. Seems strange to me.

It's been said before, GM should give us the ability to track these cars from status 1100 to shipped to delivery (just like FedEx and UPS). It just can't be that difficult...

jft69z
08-30-10, 07:33 PM
Well, I've got to agree with you guys. There has to be a better, customer friendly way to track the status of our ordered cars.
It's been said before, GM should give us the ability to track these cars from status 1100 to shipped to delivery (just like FedEx and UPS). It just can't be that difficult...

The Camaro boys DO have that capability, to track it all the way. I was reading their forums daily on the camarotracking.com site, and they apparently have some kind of agreement with Chevrolet to track to the end. The moderators said they would like to be able to do it for the other divisions but it just has not happened. One of the moderators who does the daily/weekly status updates also works for a Chevy dealership, so maybe that helped play a part in their ability to track that brand.

If you remember when your car showed 3800 produced, and gave a VIN # on the Camaro site, if you clicked on the VIN it redirected you to a Chevrolet website before it gave a dead page. The Camaro owners get to see their window sticker when using that link, as I understand it. I tried to substitute Cadillac for the Chevrolet in the web address but it popped up a message from Cadillac stating:

Page Unavailable
Cadillac is working to improve this feature. Please try your search again later.

Learn about all GM Current Offers here.

It seems like that isn't the only thing they need to improve...

Hey Gary, it feels like Lucy has kicked ME in the footballs right now.....

Tom_E
08-30-10, 07:57 PM
JT,

My dealer must have trained at the same place as yours..... Let me check and call you right back.... that was two days ago!

aj660
08-30-10, 08:33 PM
I have some good news for those who reached '3800' and have VIN #s for a week or more. My salesperson called me today and said my car is now in NJ. It seems that the car will be delivered to my dealership from that NJ location. He said I should be driving the car by Thursday at the latest. I ordered black/black, manual, recaros, no safron just blac/black interior... My dealership is in NY and my build week was also 8/16....

jft69z
08-30-10, 09:05 PM
I have some good news for those who reached '3800' and have VIN #s for a week or more. My salesperson called me today and said my car is now in NJ. It seems that the car will be delivered to my dealership from that NJ location. He said I should be driving the car by Thursday at the latest. I ordered black/black, manual, recaros, no safron just blac/black interior... My dealership is in NY and my build week was also 8/16....

Do you know if your car was shipped by rail? I'm guessing yes due to the distance from the factory? If that is the case it may not be a comparable situation.

My dealer said they also have a white coupe (non-V) that is showing built about the same time as all of our cars & they have no clue when that is being delivered either. Both that car & my car are listed as "in transit".:annoyed:

aj660
08-30-10, 10:35 PM
Do you know if your car was shipped by rail? I'm guessing yes due to the distance from the factory? If that is the case it may not be a comparable situation.

My dealer said they also have a white coupe (non-V) that is showing built about the same time as all of our cars & they have no clue when that is being delivered either. Both that car & my car are listed as "in transit".:annoyed:

Yes, I'm pretty sure my car was shipped by rail; I was told that the car arrived in NJ today.

htompkins
08-30-10, 11:41 PM
Just in time for Earl! My V had the same birthday, but don't know where she is....

Vcoupe11
08-31-10, 11:51 AM
Just in time for Earl! My V had the same birthday, but don't know where she is....

Just in time for what??

Gary

htompkins
08-31-10, 03:54 PM
The hurricane moving up the east coast!
Went on my dealers website & checked out their new car inventory... my car showed up! However, he doesn't have it - go figure.

Vcoupe11
08-31-10, 04:19 PM
Went on my dealers website & checked out their new car inventory... my car showed up! However, he doesn't have it - go figure.

Sorry I was tracking my stealth V instead of the weather :)

I wish you luck on the car showing up soon.

Gary

hamta
08-31-10, 05:04 PM

Apparently most if not all the dealers do this. My dealer did it as well and no I don't have my car yet either. When I was tracking my car through Camarotracking.com I wanted to see what happened when I Googled my order number. Guess what, it took me directy to my dealers inventory web site...I was pissed, here I thought they were listing it there and were going to possibly sell it from out under me. Well I was wrong, after talking to the dealer, they indicated that ordered cars were automatically added to their inventory list and stay there until I take delivery of my car.

htompkins
09-01-10, 12:00 AM
That's what I was told as well.... Good luck on your Caddy!

hamta
09-01-10, 12:46 PM
All-

I just got a call from my dealer and my CTS-V Coupe is scheduled to be on a transport from the unloading area (Mesquite, Texas) to my dealer (Grapevine, Texas) TOMORROW! I should be able to pick it up tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday at the latest, depending on when it hits the dealer on Thursday. I am hoping that more of th 8/16 TPW builds will be hitting your dealers lots on ordered cars. Everyone call and post your status.

I won't be able to sleep a wink tonight.

Hope everyone gets good news toady about their status and we all get our cars for the long weekend.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Terry

hamta
09-01-10, 01:06 PM
jft69z-

Just tried to send you a PM. Your mailbox is full and you need to empty it to receive new ones.

Terry

khoeysr
09-01-10, 04:09 PM
Looks like the rest of my 8/16 litter are finally getting homes! It is a beautiful thing.

Boys, you are gonna love it.

By the way, odometer 251.

jft69z
09-01-10, 04:39 PM
Looks like the rest of my 8/16 litter are finally getting homes! It is a beautiful thing.

Boys, you are gonna love it.

By the way, odometer 251.

Kevin,

Apparently my car is the runt of the litter that nobody wants to deliver...

khoeysr
09-01-10, 04:55 PM
Kevin,

Apparently my car is the runt of the litter that nobody wants to deliver...

Joe, it's gotta be your Bills fandom that's created this bad karma. Root for the Giants, your car appears like magic!

jft69z
09-01-10, 07:18 PM
Joe, it's gotta be your Bills fandom that's created this bad karma. Root for the Giants, your car appears like magic!

Kevin,
It can't be that, I could care if they win or lose (they mostly lose). I mean really, who loses 4 Superbowls in a row...

hamta
09-01-10, 07:49 PM
I just got back from my dealer and sat in my V Coupe. Radiant Silver, Auto, Recaros, Sunroof, Wood, and Polished Wheels; 4 miles on the ODO. Will do DPI tomorrow and will pick up when finished (hopefully by noon). I can hardly wait.

For those of you with a TPW of 8/16 and still waiting I'll bet it's just a matter of a couple of days for your delivery. This is a beautiful car. We will all enjoy it I'm sure.

Terry

jft69z
09-01-10, 08:26 PM
I just got back from my dealer and sat in my V Coupe. Will do DPI tomorrow and will pick up when finished (hopefully by noon). I can hardly wait.

Terry

Congratulations Terry, that is great news!! Plus it came a day sooner than you thought, even better!

Like I told you earlier, hopefully my car will make it to the dealer tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Supposedly it was dispatched today & it is on a transport truck headed this way. Should know more tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow and have fun with your new toy!

Joe

hamta
09-01-10, 09:01 PM
Congratulations Terry, that is great news!! Plus it came a day sooner than you thought, even better!

Like I told you earlier, hopefully my car will make it to the dealer tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Supposedly it was dispatched today & it is on a transport truck headed this way. Should know more tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow and have fun with your new toy!

Joe

Congrats to Joe and all the others on your Coupes. It's been a long wait, but I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Happy motoring to all.

Terry

khoeysr
09-01-10, 11:29 PM
Here we go, boys. The dam has broken and here come the most awesome Cadillacs ever built.

aj660
09-04-10, 08:41 PM
I just want to give an update on the status of my V-Coupe. My salesperson calls me this past Monday (Sept 30th) to let me know that my car has arrived in NJ. He tells me that I should have the car by Thursday or Friday worse case.

So, I call him on Thursday to check the status and nothing yet. I call again on Friday afternoon and he tells me the car should arrive at the dealer on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. He didn't really have a reason for the delay. He just casually said that the car arrives when it arrives. I'm like, whatever.... Would have been nice to have for the 3 day weekend.

Hope you guys are enjoying your Coupes.....

BeagleBrains
09-06-10, 10:23 PM
I just completed a 580 mile trip to visit family in our new V Coupe. Now that we have established the break-in mileage, it's time to wake up a few of those 563 horses. Trip up: averaged 19.02 mpg. On the return, averaged 17.4 mpg (with break-in satisfied, I tapped some brief 'blowing off of BMW and Lexis doors' when feeling the need for speed).:bouncy:

hamta
09-07-10, 02:45 AM
Picked up my CTS-V Coupe on 9/2/2010, now has 248 miles on it. LOVE THIS CAR. It's my DD and not sure what to do with my ZO6??? This is just such a great car...Rides a 1000 times better than my 2008 CTS4 DI, in both Sport and Tour modes. I've been getting about 14 MPG so far, both highway and city, but 2 hours with the engine running dealing with those idiots at XM swapping and downloading my old data from my 2008. GM needs to work on the XM torture, this was the worst part of my new car experience. They didn't do anything right 2 different days and 2 hours of my life down the drain.

Okay, enough bitchin, this car is great, and all you guys are going to love it. They will get to all your ordered vehicles in time. Well worth the wait. Patience is a virture and will gladly be rewarded.

aj660
09-07-10, 11:40 PM
Can you guys confirm if maintenance including oil changes are free for the V-Coupe? I read that maintenance is covered on all new 2011s. I pick my car up tomorrow and I forgot to ask about this lol....

Vcoupe11
09-08-10, 09:18 AM
aj660,
Yes it is.
They will even rotate your tires :) (not sure this is feasible on the V)

Gary

Can you guys confirm if maintenance including oil changes are free for the V-Coupe? I read that maintenance is covered on all new 2011s. I pick my car up tomorrow and I forgot to ask about this lol....

khoeysr
09-08-10, 10:07 AM
The free maintenance is very specific, oil changes, cabin air filters, tire rotations (which don't really apply to us V folks) and maintenance checks, if my memory serves.

There are many things which can be found during these maintenance checks that would not be covered. It is not all inclusive.

Excited for all my bros who are getting their coupes. It is quite a ride. :bouncy:

jft69z
09-08-10, 05:33 PM
Gary/Vcoupe11

Tried to send a PM. Empty some messages from your inbox.

Joe

Vcoupe11
09-08-10, 08:17 PM
JFT69Z,
Done.

Gary/Vcoupe11

Tried to send a PM. Empty some messages from your inbox.

Joe

Vcoupe11
09-08-10, 08:19 PM
Well I never thought I was going to be able to say this, but:

The V is at the dealers as I will be early tomorrow morning :)

Gary

hamta
09-09-10, 02:06 AM
Well I never thought I was going to be able to say this, but:

The V is at the dealers as I will be early tomorrow morning :)

Gary

Congratulations, Gary. You'll love it. Fantastic car and well worth the wait. It's been pouring rain in the Fort Worth-Dallas area so I only have 300 miles on mine. But what sweet miles they are.

Good luck and have fun.

Terry

khoeysr
09-09-10, 09:45 AM
Gary, congrats. It's been a long time coming but it will definitely be worth it.

You guys remember that my car was built and arrived at the dealer in Rochester NY within a three day period. Well, another dealer in Syracuse NY ordered an identical car in hopes that I would buy from them. I didn't because the other car arrived earlier and there was no $$ incentive. Anyway, their car was built this week and arrived at the dealership yesterday, again within a three day period. Both the owner and the sales manager called me to make sure I actually did pick up the first car.

Bottom line- there's a black raven, ebony/saffron, auto, sunroof, polished wheels V Coupe sitting on their lot right now.

jmskinz
09-10-10, 01:30 AM
Congrats, 7/5/10 should be your week of production. As of today my status is only 3000. Here is hoping I won't be to far behind you.

~ Matt

Matt - My order status is 1100, so how long until I get my car based on your experience?

hulksdaddy
09-11-10, 09:46 PM
Well boys, my status is 1100. Ordered Thunder Gray, ebony/ebony Recaros, auto, polished wheels, suede wheel/shifter. Can't wait, figuring mid-November?

And big congrats to all that are now in possession of their babies!

-Dave

Mark P
09-17-10, 12:00 PM
I ordered my CTS-V Coupe on 9/13. Dealer said to expect mid November. From what you guys have written, it sounds like 2 months is about right. Anyone know any information to confirm?

aj660
09-17-10, 03:05 PM
I ordered my CTS-V Coupe on 9/13. Dealer said to expect mid November. From what you guys have written, it sounds like 2 months is about right. Anyone know any information to confirm?

I'm pretty sure you can find one currently available at a dealer somewhere in the U.S. I think Sarant Cadillac in NY has 2 black, fully loaded, automatics available. I purchased my Coupe from Sarant and I was very satisfied in every way. Ebay also has a few.....

Mark P
09-17-10, 04:41 PM
I want to buy from a local dealer, but thanks for the suggestions. A friend of mine in Milwaukee was lucky enough to walk into a dealer near his house that had just gotten one. He bought it that day. After he let me drive it, I decided I NEEDED one, bad!

khoeysr
09-17-10, 05:35 PM
As I write this there is a twin of my car, black raven, ebony/saffron, auto, polished wheels, Rearos, sunroof at Crest Cadillac in Syracuse NY. I would love it if it is bought and taken out of the area.

They ordered the car hoping I would buy from them, but another dealer's ordered car got there first. PM me if you want to pursue, or maybe your dealer can contact them to trade something.

Mark P
09-17-10, 06:06 PM
Appreciate your help, but then I'd feel bad on my end backing out of the one the dealer here has ordered for me. I want Thunder Gray, Ebony/Saphron Recaros, Polished wheels, Suede steering wheel/shifter, auto, no sunroof, wood trim. I'm curious to know what kinda price people are paying. There's a dealer in Milwaukee that wants full price and he's had it for a month. My friend bought his at a different dealer in Milwaukee and paid invoice. They only had it on their lot one day.

hulksdaddy
09-30-10, 09:53 PM
Lets keep this thread going with all of us that currently have our Vs on order.

Thunder Gray Coupe
Ebony/ebony Recaros
Auto
Sunroof
Polished wheels

The guys that now have theirs had support from each other, shared in the excitement. Figure we can do the same.

-Dave

jmskinz
10-01-10, 03:26 AM
Lets keep this thread going with all of us that currently have our Vs on order.

Thunder Gray Coupe
Ebony/ebony Recaros
Auto
Sunroof
Polished wheels

The guys that now have theirs had support from each other, shared in the excitement. Figure we can do the same.

-Dave

Congrats Dave! My V was just produced this week and at Status 3800. The countdown continues.

Matt

hulksdaddy
10-01-10, 11:15 AM
Congrats Dave! My V was just produced this week and at Status 3800. The countdown continues.

Matt

That's awesome Matt! You must be bouncing off the walls.

How long do you figure before you have it?

Mark P
10-05-10, 06:47 PM
Just heard from my dealer today. Status 3100. Scheduled to be built week of October 18th. He said I should get it 2 to 3 weeks after that. CTS-V Coupe, Thunder Gray, Ebony/Saffron Racaros, Wood trim, Automatic, Polished wheels, Suede steering wheel/shifter. Can hardly wait!

hulksdaddy
10-05-10, 06:54 PM
Just heard from my dealer today. Status 3100. Scheduled to be built week of October 18th. He said I should get it 2 to 3 weeks after that. CTS-V Coupe, Thunder Gray, Ebony/Saffron Racaros, Wood trim, Automatic, Polished wheels, Suede steering wheel/shifter. Can hardly wait!

Mark that's awesome bro! When did you originally place the order?

hulksdaddy
10-08-10, 11:04 AM
Woot!

Car just went to 2500 "Order Preferenced" :bouncy:

In anyone's experience, how long from this point typically?

jb7952
10-08-10, 12:37 PM
Woot.. got a 3000 for my V-wagon and wondering the same thing. How long from here?

Vcoupe11
10-08-10, 01:40 PM
I thought it may be useful to post a timeline of order to delivery for my V. This may be helpful for those about to place an order or waiting on the delivery of the Cadillac CTS V.

UPDATE 5: Status Date August 17, 2010

Carmaro Tracking site does not update after the 3800 event for Cadillac. At this point reliable timely information on the life of the V ceased.

UPDATE 6: Status Date August 27, 2010
This information was obtained after being on the phone with Cadillac Customer service for about 1 hour. They advised the V was put on a rail car and departed Lansing, MI for Haggerstown, MD. Should be there on August 28.

At this point the V into stealth mode. NO body in the GM food chain can (or will) provide any meaningful information as to where it is or when it will show up at the dealer.

UPDATE 7: Status Date September 8, 2010

UPDATE 8: Status Date September 9, 2010
Status: (6000) Delivered to Customer and he is ecstatic, jumping up and down and screaming for the keys and a tank of gas....well guess you had to be there to appreciate the scene.

Of course for all you pending V owners remember your delivery experience may vary from this. If you have read any of the preceeding posts you will have seen the time line is all over the place. Too many variables. One thing is clear though the time to actually build the car pales in comparison to the time to deliver it.

Gary

hulksdaddy
10-08-10, 05:00 PM
Gary, thanks bud. At least it gives the rest of us an idea of what we're looking at.

:patriot:

east coast ctsv
10-08-10, 05:42 PM
Just received a new update.

09/17/2010 - (1100) Order placed at Dealership waiting for submission to Manufacturer
09/23/2010 - (1100) Order placed at Dealership waiting for submission to Manufacturer
09/29/2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
10/06/2010 - (3400) Order broadcast for production. Build information transferred to the production line

Dealer thinks 3 to 4 more weeks for delivery !!!!:worship::worship::worship:

hulksdaddy
10-10-10, 09:10 PM
Anyone have any updates? :fan:

hulksdaddy
10-12-10, 06:36 PM
WOOT!

3400, order broadcast for production, TPW 10/25!

:cool2:

Vcoupe11
10-13-10, 02:58 PM
hulksdaddy,
Congrats. Getting close now :)

Gary

Utopia
10-14-10, 04:17 PM
CTS V Coupe ordered 9/14
Red
6m
polished wheels
Status 3400 TPW 10/25

Mark P
10-14-10, 10:09 PM
Hulksdaddy.... congrats! Mine is scheduled to be built next week (10/18), I see yours is scheduled for the week after. Won't be long!

hulksdaddy
10-14-10, 11:32 PM
Hulksdaddy.... congrats! Mine is scheduled to be built next week (10/18), I see yours is scheduled for the week after. Won't be long!

Congrats right back atcha Mark! My dealer thinks it'll be end of November when I take delivery. Hope the real bad weather holds off so I have a little time to enjoy.

Figure mid-November for you?

Mark P
10-15-10, 09:38 AM
My wishfull thinking is 1st week in October! And yes, I'm hoping we have some decent weather for awhile to enjoy driving it.

hulksdaddy
10-15-10, 11:19 AM
My wishfull thinking is 1st week in October! And yes, I'm hoping we have some decent weather for awhile to enjoy driving it.

1st week in October? Yours coming with a Flux Capacitor? LOL!

jdurhan
10-21-10, 06:05 PM
Dealer changed an order they had in the system for me on Monday, was at 2000 10/15.

Status 10/20- 3000
Black Raven
Ebony/Ebony Recaros
Saple wood
Auto
Polished wheels

hulksdaddy
10-22-10, 12:50 AM
Sweet! Closing in.....

My TPW is next week. Hoping to have the car by the end of November at the latest.

I will say, I'm enjoying the wait. Anticipation is fun, and something we don't appreciate enough.

hulksdaddy
10-22-10, 09:34 PM
Status 10/21/2010 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is ready for shipping.

Checked on 10/22/2010

WOOT!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s90/Qninka/yoji.gif

jft69z
10-23-10, 02:34 AM
Status 10/21/2010 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is ready for shipping.

Checked on 10/22/2010

WOOT!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s90/Qninka/yoji.gif

Congratulations!! You'll love the car.

Hopefully yours will arrive at your dealer in the very near future!!

Joe

Mark P
10-23-10, 01:49 PM
Congrats Hulksdaddy. They built yours a week earlier than planned, huh? Dealer called me last Thursday (10/21) and said they expect delivery of it next Monday or Tuesday (10/25-10/26). Sounds like they are building and delivering them quicker than those who ordered them over the summer. Yeah!

hulksdaddy
10-23-10, 08:46 PM
Congrats Hulksdaddy. They built yours a week earlier than planned, huh? Dealer called me last Thursday (10/21) and said they expect delivery of it next Monday or Tuesday (10/25-10/26). Sounds like they are building and delivering them quicker than those who ordered them over the summer. Yeah!

Hey Mark!

Yeah, was surprised when I got the update that it was built. Haven't heard of anyone getting a build before their TPW. Not complaining mind you.

Your TPW was 10/18, correct? When was it built, and if it was built this past week, that is superfast delivery!

Mark P
10-24-10, 12:28 AM
Yes, TPW was 10/18. Don't know which day it was built, but found out Thursday thru camarotracking.com and my dealer that "order was produced and ready for shipping". I stopped by the dealer today and he showed me the paperwork that said expected delivery is this Monday, 10/25. Sure hope so!