: My first STS-V modification - D3 springs just ordered.

chrisngo
06-29-10, 06:52 PM
Hey guys,

After a lot of research I decided to go with springs for my STS-V. I just ordered them yesterday from a local shop I represent. They actually picked up the D3 line at my request. They are currently sitting in will call waiting to be picked up in the next day or so. If you guys want any information about the quality/craftsmanship of the parts just ask! I may also help you guys save a few bucks :thumbsup:. I should have them installed very soon too. I just need to find out a time to install them. Between a new kid in the house and work, it's hard to find any free time.

Looking forward to updating this thread.

Thanks!
Chris

Cataract
06-29-10, 09:50 PM
Nice! It really makes the car look good. Can't wait for pics.

I have been so close to buying them many times, but still haven't took the plunge. How much did they end up costing you? If you don't mind sharing :)

550HP STSV
06-30-10, 02:12 PM
Also wondering on price and pictures.

chrisngo
07-01-10, 07:06 PM
I just picked them up earlier today. I'll take pictures of the springs tonight if my batteries charge up in time.

As for price...I cannot post my price since D3 is a dealer on this site. I don't want to cause any problems.

Thank you
Chris

MiamiV
07-02-10, 01:33 PM
I currently have B&G springs installed in my 07 sts v and i love them. The spacers from D3 is a must have if u are lowering your caddy. I will try to post pics of mine since i put the spacer on if they are not in my photo gallery on this site already.

Cataract
07-02-10, 02:57 PM
My main concern is the front lip being too low, could you guys try to include pics showing the front end in relation to the ground? Have you had any problems with scraping the front?

MiamiV
07-03-10, 02:43 PM
no problems on the road. but some places with nice size inclines yes

chrisngo
07-05-10, 01:38 PM
Just got out from under the car. Decided to let my mechanic work on the suspension. The rears look easy but I did not want to go out and get spring compressors. Accessing the rear strut through the trunk is also very simple.

Since my mechanic is going to be working on it, I've decided to buy my exhaust at the same time. Sorry I didn't have better news for you guys!

Chris

550HP STSV
07-05-10, 09:02 PM
pictures please

550HP STSV
07-23-10, 09:37 AM
pictures?

chrisngo
07-30-10, 12:57 PM
pictures?

The car is going in for the install tomorrow. Will have pics after it's all done.

Chris

PGA2B
07-30-10, 01:36 PM
chrisngo- You need to update your cars owned status.....

550HP STSV
07-31-10, 12:54 AM
chris, I sent you a PM.

chrisngo
08-01-10, 01:06 AM
PM replied to.

To all - I just did the rear install. My mechanic is on vacation so I did it myself. Looks good IMO. I'll have pics after I finish up the front tomorrow.

Chris

Caddy916Squad
08-01-10, 03:45 AM
d3 has a lot of great products but in my eyes they are very over-priced for the material you are receiving.
Would still love to see the outcome, Pics! :)

LITTLEELVISDAN
08-03-10, 02:13 AM
Search is a good idea. I have a long thread with pics installing these springs