: Top issues

glimmerman
06-29-10, 11:49 AM
I have a 2004 XLR

I have had it in the dealership 6 times now for the top not working.
I am bringing it in every week for this.

The top goes down into the trunk and the cover on the trunk lid does not deploy. The dealership said they changed the software and replaced some sensors. Why can they not get this to work properly? Is there a different dealership I should go to for this with better techs? I live in Kenosha Wisconsin and am close to Milwaukee and Chicago. I am pretty tired of this issue not being fixed it is ridiculous.

rwd
07-03-10, 12:33 PM
While I'm not familiar with what you describe, there are Cadillac technicians that have been specially trained on the XLR, and I'd make sure whatever dealer you work with has one and has them do the repair.

Training is good, and experience is also helpful, so since the car is not common, I'd also suggest finding a dealership that sells and handles a lot of them. Searching the net, including current new/used sales, might give some good leads. I'm reluctant to mention names that I'm unfamiliar with, but you'll find them.

While you're searching, keep an eye out for other XLR bbs's and info sources on the car. Good luck.

ccclarke
07-05-10, 09:38 PM
Troubleshooting and repairing a rear tonneau position switch issue by a knowlegeable tech should take about twenty minutes. Try a different dealership. The operation of the top isn't rocket science.
CCC