: Recarro Sears

shingleman
06-28-10, 10:44 PM
I just bought a 2009 CTS-V with the standard seats. I HATE them!!! Can i buy the optional recarro seats anywhere??? I went to the dealer but the guy behind the parts counter, well, was NOT helpful. HELP!!!???!!!

mugatu22
06-28-10, 10:58 PM
Maybe he didn't know what "Recarro Sears" were? :confused:

shingleman
06-28-10, 11:06 PM
I knew that was coming. OK so i figured out how to edit the post but not the title to the post........ screwing up my first night on the forum good!!

DCTS-V
06-28-10, 11:10 PM
:) WHAT....Sears sells Recaros! Do they have the CTS-V logo on them? :)

mugatu22
06-28-10, 11:14 PM
LOL at least you're a good sport.

There are always options for seats. Perhaps another dealer would be interested in making some $$$ from sales of 2 Recaro front seats to you. Sounds like your stealer isn't worth the time (most aren't, unfortunately).

shchow
06-28-10, 11:17 PM
When I first looked at the car, I sat in one without the Recaro's and I didn't even want to test drive it. There was absolutely no lateral support.
I can't imagine it would be that hard to retrofit the Recaro's into the car.
On second thought, since you are installing the seats after the fact, they don't even have to be OEM Recaro's...

shingleman
06-28-10, 11:20 PM
I was wanting to keep the interior stock. I see Lund Cadillac on here. I will call them in the morning and see if they sell them to Sears........lol....... damn i just cut up my sears card too.....LMAO

baabootoo
06-29-10, 12:30 AM
Check with a local upholstery shop; the ones that the drug dealers go to. They can make whatever you want, for probably less than the Cadi seats.

Florian
06-29-10, 12:32 AM
why would you buy a car with seats that you didnt like?

F

MReiland
06-29-10, 07:53 AM
I have not heard of any good stories of a Recaro swap yet. As far as I can tell, production V's are taking all the seats that Recaro can make so you will have a hard time getting them at the parts counter too. A while back I think we confirmed that the mounting points are identical but there is a few small differences in the wiring harness for the ventilation (You probably don't have the correct buttons on the dash). Your best bet would be to look for one that was wrecked and see if you can pull everything you need for the conversion, but there will be others you have to fight with to get them who want the same thing.

commander112
06-29-10, 08:02 AM
The seats do bolt in directly and the standard wiring harness will work all functions except cooling. That will require a swap out of the whole expensive HVAC cluster on the dash and possibly the wiring harness. This area becomes a little grey for me as my attempted install did not get this far (the Recaro seats I attempted to install turned out to be pre-production seats without pretensioners). If you can get them in and all wired up then you may need to flash the vehicles computer to tell the car that it has the optional seats. All in all, I think it can be done if you can find the seats. I have been looking for months with no luck.

beanjapan
06-29-10, 08:09 AM
I've taken a look at this as well. The problem is, GM doesn't receive the seats pre-assembled from Racaro. It comes into the assembly plant as a kit, and it is sub-assembled along w/ the regular seats.

So there is no GM part number for an entire seat assembly. You can only order the parts to assembly your own Recaro seat. Last time I pieced together all of the part numbers, I think it would cost around 1700 dollars for a full seat. (Granted some parts are probably shared, and could be subtracted from the list). That price is a direct from GM price. Perhaps you can get a better deal from GMPartsDirect or something.

If I get some free time, I'll try to post up all the part numbers. Your dealership should be able to give you these as well. I called mine up and the parts guy seemed to be aware of this.

Dr. Design
06-29-10, 05:26 PM
Hello,
Where are you located at? We have been building up the factory flat seats for several different applications to increase the bolsters and keep the driver planted better in the center of the seat. Although they would never be a full Recaro, they would be a great upgrade over factory.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I just bought a 2009 CTS-V with the standard seats. I HATE them!!! Can i buy the optional recarro seats anywhere??? I went to the dealer but the guy behind the parts counter, well, was NOT helpful. HELP!!!???!!!

neuronbob
06-29-10, 05:41 PM
+1 on D3's suggestion. They had pics of such a seat modification a few months back and it looked pretty good. If I were close to them I'd consider it as it seems easier and cheaper than trying to find Recaros.

commander, I'm so sorry you haven't been able to find Recaros. I was so much looking forward to you being able to finish the job.

neuronbob
06-29-10, 08:16 PM
My bad. It wasn't D3, this guy had his local upholstery guy do it on his car. Link is here...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/187016-base-seats-great-improvement.html

FSTCADY
06-29-10, 09:16 PM
Check the web for salvage parts or call a big repair shop that does a lot of insurance work and ask if they can search for the part for you. The odds that someone has written-off a CTS-V while leaving the seats in sellable condition are pretty high. If you can locate them you'll probably spend a lot less than the $3k option on a new one.

BeagleBrains
06-29-10, 09:28 PM
Hello,
Where are you located at? We have been building up the factory flat seats
Dr. Design D3 Cadillac
Can you retain the Air Bag function?

commander112
06-29-10, 11:07 PM
The odds that someone has written-off a CTS-V while leaving the seats in sellable condition are pretty high.

This is not exactly correct. The odds of the seat airbags not blowing in a collision bad enough to total the car are slim.

RemoWilliams
06-30-10, 01:58 AM
I found some salvage Recaro seats. Check out the bottom of the page. They have a salvage CTS-V2 with Recaros. I called, but they said the Driver seat is damaged. How bad I don't know. Maybe it could be fixed.

Give them a call and find out if your interested.

http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/

I also talked to my service rep. He is looking into what it would take to get a Recaro setup in my car. Might find out in a week or so.

GMX322V S/C
06-30-10, 02:57 AM
My bad. It wasn't D3, this guy had his local upholstery guy do it on his car. Link is here...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/187016-base-seats-great-improvement.html

D3 posted some pictures in this forum of work they did on an XLR-V's seats. I've seen it at their shop and they look pretty supportive.

commander112
06-30-10, 09:16 AM
I found some salvage Recaro seats. Check out the bottom of the page. They have a salvage CTS-V2 with Recaros. I called, but they said the Driver seat is damaged. How bad I don't know. Maybe it could be fixed.

Give them a call and find out if your interested.

http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/

I also talked to my service rep. He is looking into what it would take to get a Recaro setup in my car. Might find out in a week or so.

Called this morning and was told these were "unavailable". When prodded for more information it sounds like they are already sold. Any of you buy them?

CIWS
06-30-10, 09:29 AM
Your best bet is to go back to your dealer and make some kind of deal on a V already fitted with Recaros. Or you could just chop up your brand new car trying to make something fit and function like an as built.

dvandentop
07-03-10, 01:49 AM
Called this morning and was told these were "unavailable". When prodded for more information it sounds like they are already sold. Any of you buy them?

i asked to when i saw they listed new 09 parts on ebay and said they didnt have any :crybaby:

commander112
07-03-10, 08:29 AM
i asked to when i saw they listed new 09 parts on ebay and said they didnt have any :crybaby:

Those lying bastards! I called them twice and both times thay said they did not have any. I also don't see them in either open or completed sales on Ebay. So what did they sell for?

ItsJustMyCaddy
07-03-10, 09:04 AM
This discussion is surprising to me. I guess if you are going to be tracking your car and need the lateral support then it makes sense, but I purposely got the base seats and they are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. Everyone who has ridden in my car agrees. Also, I always have issues if I have to drive more than 30 minutes because of some lower disc issues in my back and these seats have never given me one ounce of discomfort.As an added bonus I was able to get the car of my dreams for only 57k (6-speed with polished rims as only option, GMS pricing and a few other incentives).

BeagleBrains
07-03-10, 06:20 PM
GM Distribution Update: Interior section-(W2E) Seats, Recaro performance, removed "Deletes (AM9) rear split-folding seat when (W2E) Recaro performance seats are ordered." from footnote.
I am hoping that this means the split-folding rear seat will be installed on my V Coupe with the W2E Option. Our "old" 2004 V split rear seats have made the car a very utilitarian vehicle from time to time.
By the way, our 2004 CTS V with 34,000 miles is for sale. However, if I trade it in for a decent price, that will significantly reduce the 7% sales tax hit.

dvandentop
07-03-10, 08:01 PM
Those lying bastards! I called them twice and both times thay said they did not have any. I also don't see them in either open or completed sales on Ebay. So what did they sell for?

hell if i know they event told me they would put me down and contact me when they got a set in that was last year. :hmm:

there will never be as many v's out there as the other cars they always part out so we could be waiting a while until then i am enjoying the car anways 7k miles now

i even have a saved search for when cts-v reacaro is posted :lol:

shchow
07-04-10, 11:36 AM
Isn't the Recaro seat option now also available for the standard CTS?
If so, would that make availability of the Recaro's relatively easy since the manufacturer has to be able to accommodate the increased demand?

dvandentop
07-04-10, 12:46 PM
we can only hope, they wont have the v badge on em but i dont care

Frank Rizzo
07-05-10, 12:26 PM
Isn't the Recaro seat option now also available for the standard CTS?
If so, would that make availability of the Recaro's relatively easy since the manufacturer has to be able to accommodate the increased demand?

Yes. I saw a non-V CTS at my dealer with Recaros last week. Every option in the book, sticker was about $53k. :hmm:

neuronbob
03-27-11, 08:24 PM
Bringing this thread from the dead.

Has anyone on this forum done a swap for Recaros successfully?