: Water dripping from rear passenger side near exhaust

glock36
06-28-10, 06:30 PM
I just noticed that when I parked in the garage, there is water dripping from the rear passengers side. It is near the exhaust, the water is clear and not gas, is this condensation from the AC?, I am used to it dripping from the front but never heard of it piped out the rear

Thanks

Ronin
06-28-10, 06:36 PM
I'm Ivory Soap (99 and 44/100ths) that's exactly what it is (AC run-off)...but I have been wrong on occasion...I'm sure someone smart who knows for sure (hcvone, ewill3rd, etc.) will chime in fer sure...

evois
06-28-10, 07:03 PM
escalades have two evaporators, the one infront in the dash and the rear passenger side. that is why there is no cupholder or subwoofer in that side because of the A/C components that connect to the roof A/C vents. so, yeah, water from A/C drain.

glock36
06-28-10, 07:10 PM
Excellent, thanks for the replies all.

PreachRR
06-28-10, 07:40 PM
Dunno.. but sounds like they were talking about condensation from the exhaust drain hole.. to prevent water build up in the muffler there is a small hole that lets any condensation drain out you will usually see it somewhere behind the rear tire on the passenger rear tire

hcvone
06-29-10, 08:09 AM
As said if you are running your rear AC or purpose or without knowing it ;) that is the water your seeing, as also said the muffler weep hole depending on the gas can produce water too