: Max throttle position?

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-28-10, 01:33 PM
Hey guys. Jumping over here from the STS-V forum.

I have a thread over there discussing what we found
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/203798-87-max-throttle-our-cars.html#post2287466

Our max throttle position is capped at 87% max at WOT for some reason. While we figure out why I was wondering if any of you CTS-V guys have recorded your data? Have you seen what your throttle position really is measuring?

GMX322V S/C
06-28-10, 02:33 PM
Don't know what was reported, but razorecko visually verified he was getting full throttle opening after he upgraded his TB.

Razorecko
06-28-10, 02:41 PM
thats correct. Jesse told me to put the vehicle on accessory power and give her throttle to see how far the throttle blade is opening as he said the ls7 tb was having issues at opening up at only 80% ( although never tested on a v ). I had a friend give it throttle and took pictures of the ls7 tb opening up at 100%

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-28-10, 04:11 PM
Jesse answered it on my other thread. the software is using 87 but i have to do the voltage test to see for sure. For some reason HPTuners uses 87 as a max value as a default.

You would think they would engineer the software to use 100% as a max value as default.

Anyone here consider 87% as really being 100%??? Not me

Razorecko
06-28-10, 11:47 PM
Jesse answered it on my other thread. the software is using 87 but i have to do the voltage test to see for sure. For some reason HPTuners uses 87 as a max value as a default.

You would think they would engineer the software to use 100% as a max value as default.

Anyone here consider 87% as really being 100%??? Not me

I know on my old jeep srt8 at 100% wot the throttle blade only opened 80%. It was checked and checked but thats the way the car was setup. The blade never opened more than 80% no matter what kind of ecu tweaking was done. Its something that might be hardwired into the actual tb motor.