: 87% max throttle on our cars

LITTLEELVISDAN
06-28-10, 01:26 PM
While recording Caoch's dyno runs I noticed at WOT his throttle position was recorded at 87% sustained max.

I looked at my stock recording on my car and found my WOT runs down the street only recorded a max of 87% throttle position.

WHY?

I looked in HPTuners and don't see any place to change throttle position.

coach123
06-28-10, 01:40 PM
Dan.. I spoke to Hannah about 30 minutes ago and then sent them an email about the situation. I told Jesse I was going to post the question on the forums but I guess you beat me to it :highfive:. I also sent Jesse the data file you sent me from the dyno run. I wonder what 13% throttle position relates to in hp/tq gains?

wait4me
06-28-10, 04:02 PM
87 max value you see in software is just a software limit they set to show at full throttle, it is a user adjustable value but does nothing for actual throttle openining.

The real way to check to see if you have full throttle is to monitor Throttlebody TPS VOLTAGES on the high and low. That would be the only way to see what wot is and make sure the blade dont move back from TM.

To see the voltage, you need to log it with the engine off to see what the voltage is when the blade is fully open. Say 4.1 volts, then you would know based on that.

I can make that other value in the scan tools say what ever i want, but it dont change how the car runs. Just what it reports.

TimmyC
06-28-10, 08:15 PM
I was wondering about that too. Would logging the ETC pedal position to compare it to the TPS be enough?

STS_Chiller
06-30-10, 07:58 PM
There is an issue like this on the Chevy SSR as I recall on the SSR. I would search the HPT forum. The only way I know to check it is key on engine off hold pedal to floor and look at the Blade in TB. I know the GTO LS2 says 100% at wide open. I suspect itís a false reading. Problem searching HPT forum is the STS Turbo mucks up the reply.