: Parts swap for 1991 Brougham

Crzynickratkllr
06-28-10, 02:52 AM
Ok, Hello. Hope everyone is doing ok. I have a 1991 Brougham. Antelope Firemist. My son got his drivers license and that same day wiped out the right side of my pride and joy....:duh::duh:. So, I have found all the parts I need for a very resonable price but they are from an 80's Fleetwood. Wrong color (no big deal) but in excellent shape. Here is the worry. I have doors with seatbelts. Can I convert the older ones easily? (my door pads are fine) The front lights header is 4 bulb, not 2. Can they work with out much trouble? Also, there is a rear bumper, complete with light bullits and all. Is it a direct bolt in swap? Mine is ok but has a divit in it I have always wanted to replace. Thanks for any help you guys can provide me, it really will be appreciated. Nick.

csbuckn
06-28-10, 03:24 AM
Sorry to hear of the troubles but the 80s parts are not gonna be easy to swap. The rear bumper will bolt on no problem but the seatbelts may be in issue, it may be easier to move the seatbelts to the B pillars like on the 80s so you shoud grab both sides from the parts car. To put the 80 front clip on depends on if you need the bumper too, if so, you are gonna need both fenders since one of yours is messed up and the bumper. Not sure about the headlight wiring on your 91 but it may work.

Crzynickratkllr
06-28-10, 06:23 AM
csbuckn - thanks for the reply. The doors (all 4), fenders, front headlight header, Hood and rear bumper are all already off the car. I can have them all for $250.00 which is a hell-of-a-bargain. They are all in excellent condition, that's why I want them. I would be more inclined to just cut my losses and find another low mileage Brougham but I have a brand new engine in it and don't want to part with it, or store it if I were to pull it. The car is still driveable but the sight is gastly! LOL! The truck he hit was definately, "RAM TOUGH," as it only suffered a crunched rear bumper. The left side to be exact. But my son drove my Caddy down the whole right side of my car along the corner of the bumper so it pretty much took me out all along the right side....sigh.

csbuckn
06-28-10, 11:35 AM
Thats a good deal. You'll need the front bumper too. Took me nine days after I got my liscence to hop a curb and hit a power pole head-on in moms firebird.

Stingroo
06-28-10, 01:17 PM
God, I'm glad I haven't had any major accidents since getting my license. This is like the 3rd story in a month or two. Sorry about your car. :( Hope she returns to normal ASAP :)

sven914
06-28-10, 01:58 PM
How attached are you to the euro style brougham? With those parts, you can't make you it look like a '90's Brougham, but you can very easily make it look like one of the '80's cars. You just need remove the remaining body trim, replace the taillights (I think you need the entire tail-fin assembly), and then switch the wood grain trim from you old doors to your new ones.

outsider
06-28-10, 03:08 PM
I grew up on a farm so when I got my license I had already been driving for a while...

I've never had any real accidents with any vehicle other than going off-roading with my crown vic while at a pit party once when I was like 21 :)

sven914
06-28-10, 04:29 PM
I've been lucky. Never had so much as a fender bender.

Stingroo
06-28-10, 04:42 PM
Only thing I ever did was when I was coming home from school in April I stopped for fuel at a sonoco station, and this asswipe character came flying around the corner so I swerved out of his way at like 5mph and nicked a concrete pillar in the wagon. It barely cracked the bumper cover and I didn't think much of it (I want an Impala SS front bumper anyway :p)

But then when I went inside the station to grab a drink after filling up, the guy comes up to me and goes "ARE YOU OKAY TO DRIVE YOU NEARLY TOOK ME OUT KID!" I nodded and didn't really engage him, then went outside and keyed the shit out of his car. :thumbsup:

Serves him right IMHO. Looking at the crack anyway you don't really notice it. It just looks like a run-of-the-mill 1992 vehicle. Works for me. :)

outsider
06-28-10, 05:08 PM
nice...vindication! I love to key douchebag cars...like when someone has a new car and they think they have the right to park sideways in two spots so nobody can park near them...I'll wedge my caddy in as close as I can and then (sometimes) key "LEARN TO DRIVE" on the car.

sven914
06-28-10, 05:24 PM
I carry a valve stem remover around with me, and if someone pisses me off, I'll flatten two of their tires.

CdnCaddi
06-28-10, 08:04 PM
Where are you located? I know a guy parting an Antelope '91.

Crzynickratkllr
06-28-10, 08:09 PM
Boy, I think I hooked up with a rough crowd here....LMAO. I like the valve stem story as I did that when I was a kid. Some asswipe was moving in on my gf at the time, so since I worked at the local service station (did I say "Service?") I took one of the valve stem removers over to her place and flattened all his tires, waited for him to come out, them proceeded to rearange his facial expression:punch:. Ummmm, deep satisfaction on my part! Sigh.....I hate getting old.

Stingroo
06-28-10, 08:11 PM
Us? Rough? No... never. :)

If you're near Florida, come to our meet and come see. :D

Crzynickratkllr
06-28-10, 08:45 PM
CDNCADI.....I'm in Oklahoma. Oklahoma City Area.

CdnCaddi
06-28-10, 09:23 PM
WOW! That's a Long ways from me.