: pump style noise at power up???



A320
06-28-10, 01:21 AM
Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum and did try a search but could not find releavant information.

I'm a new owner of an 07 Escalade ESV. I'm curious as to what that noise is when you put the key into the ignition and turn the key to the ON position (before starting the engine).

It sounds like a pump perhaps, it's quite loud, seems to come from the rear of the SUV and lasts about 5-7 seconds.

Thanks!

hcvone
06-28-10, 08:01 AM
Rear air ride, the sound is normal, compressor pumping up the air shocks. :)

A320
06-28-10, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the quick response! The salesman said it was 'normal' but didn't offer a good enough explanation. I hate hearing the phrase 'oh that's normal' when it is something that doesn't make sense to me!

:thumbsup:

glamis44
06-28-10, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the quick response! The salesman said it was 'normal' but didn't offer a good enough explanation. I hate hearing the phrase 'oh that's normal' when it is something that doesn't make sense to me!

:thumbsup:

Just because it does not make sense to you, does not mean it is not normal!

A320
06-28-10, 02:31 PM
Just because it does not make sense to you, does not mean it is not normal!

No you misinterpreted, his 'explanation/description' of the sound was what didn't make sense to me.

But thanks for not suggesting that I am mechanically declined.

LeftLane
06-28-10, 02:32 PM
compressor is located by the rear driver side wheel.If you look at your rear driver side wheel you will see the pump sitting there.

Ronin
06-29-10, 08:31 AM
The salesman couldn't give that simple explanation that Carl did...shocking! :eek: Sounds like they need to go back to Cadillac remedial sales training...

A320
06-29-10, 08:49 AM
The salesman couldn't give that simple explanation that Carl did...shocking! :eek: Sounds like they need to go back to Cadillac remedial sales training...

Ya I would've much preferred to hear him say, "not sure, but hang on I'll find out for ya" rather than BS his way to maintain his stature.

Anyways, thanks for the clear concise explanation Carl! :thumbsup:

Now I've got a few other questions, being that I am a new owner, but I think I'll start separate thread topics for those, and yes I tried searching.

Ronin
06-29-10, 10:44 AM
...but I think I'll start separate thread topics for those, and yes I tried searching.

OK, but we're gonna hold you to that...

For example:

Wind noise: COVERED

Dead battery: COVERED

Tires/Rims/Wheels: COVERED COVERED COVERED!

That covers about 90% of the threads here, the other 10% normally cover such scintillating topics such as "where do you put your cell phone?", etc.

Congratulations, welcome and good luck...