: What kind of shocks for 87 Hearse?

CADDYDADDY13
06-28-10, 02:17 AM
Well I am pretty sure i need to put new rear shocks on the hearse. It bounces up and down quite a bit, and when it is parked it leans badly to the driver's side.
I don't know for certain if there is a leak in the air line, but the shocks are old, and the car bounces:bouncy: badly while driving.

What kind of shocks and springs would you reccomend to put on the hearse? I don't want her to sit up high in the back, I kind of like a lower stance.... I was thinking of getting impala ss springs, but i did not know how her extra weight would factor into the equation.? And I do not want too stiff (:histeric:, excuse the pun) of a ride? I still want it to float nicely, but look good too. And also would I then bypass the air ride?

I had the springs replaced on my old 91 hearse with cargo truck springs, on my mechanics rec. but they made the back end sit up pretty high, I don't want to do that with the 88 hearse.

The-Dullahan
06-28-10, 03:10 AM
Ditto. I too have been contemplating some suspension upgrades for my 1987 Hearse. I heard the same about the Impala SS springs and decided to ask, but somebody was awesome enough to ask in my place. I'll take that as a sign.

I also want to replace the balljoints and have the alignment looked at, as she veers a degree to the right. Nothing major, but just one of those things. Naturally, the suspension upgrade will be a bit, as I have service planned for her on both my days off this week and have to schedule my window-seal-thingy for next week.

Not meaning to go all piratical on your thread, Caddy Daddy.

csbuckn
06-29-10, 01:04 AM
I would have to say that the Impala springs were a decent upgrade for me but mine were used and werent as stiff as I thought they would be. I would probably look into stock or maybe caprice springs and shocks to keep the ride close to stock. Also, you can get cargo springs at the correct height, I have some in the brown caddy but the recoil after a dip or big bump is crazy. I dont recommend them but maybe its just the ones I have. But I think a new set of stock springs and shocks would work nice.