If so, what brand?
And do they make any noise???
Thanks!!!

PSRmark
06-27-10, 01:06 AM
If so, what brand?
And do they make any noise???
Thanks!!!
KW makes a set and to my knowledge they don't make any noise, at least the set i installed didn't. The only down side was I had to install simulators for the mag ride, but I heard after a few hundred mile road trip the service suspension light came on, not sure what the outcome was though. FWIW- they have a great ride quality.

chopmeat
06-27-10, 02:08 AM
It's so frustrating to me that lowering the V is such a huge problem.
I'm going to look into coilovers.
Then I will hang myself...lol

AP24LA
06-27-10, 02:54 AM

haha, thats why I try to wait a year or two to get a new car because if I had the same issues you guys are having I would be banging my f in head in lol. I hope you guys get some answers regarding the lowering issue and quick.

chopmeat
06-27-10, 10:00 PM
Naw, I always jump in with 2 feet!
I want to enjoy life, not wait!!!

M5DriverNY
06-28-10, 07:15 PM
I know D3 was offering these but nobody has put up a review. I am a bit afraid to spent 3k on coilovers of these cause even more issues than their springs.
I think its a Kw kit thats retrofitted by D3 to work. I dont think the demand is so high to develop and manufacture volume of coilovers since the CTSV really isnt that popular outside the USA. i wouldnt call it a global application per say

As for the Mag Ride Simulators is this some sort of relay? if it causes fault codes regardless then its not worth a dime for me to buy

thebigjimsho
06-29-10, 02:09 AM

Naw, I always jump in with 2 feet!
I want to enjoy life, not wait!!!
hmm...

PSRmark
06-29-10, 11:21 PM
I know D3 was offering these but nobody has put up a review. I am a bit afraid to spent 3k on coilovers of these cause even more issues than their springs.
I think its a Kw kit thats retrofitted by D3 to work. I dont think the demand is so high to develop and manufacture volume of coilovers since the CTSV really isnt that popular outside the USA. i wouldnt call it a global application per say

As for the Mag Ride Simulators is this some sort of relay? if it causes fault codes regardless then its not worth a dime for me to buy

Please contact D3 to verify that the first coil over car done did in fact have a real problem, maybe it was a simple fix like installing ride hight rods? If it was a simple fix, then I would be all over these, the KW kit for this car was the best set up I had seen in years, it is such a versatile kit. The installer will need at least half a brain when setting it up though.

chopmeat
07-01-10, 12:23 AM
I just got my D3 springs fixed. It was only 1 that made squeeking.
Everything's cool now.
Just got new tires also.