: 2011 CTS-V Coupe teaser

The Black Dahlia
06-26-10, 05:04 PM
Had a chance to see the 2011 V Coupe in person while Cadillac brought it by to discuss the technology innovations, etc for the new Coupe while driving the CTS-V Coupe and the CTS Coupe from San Francisco to San Diego for a dealer/customer preview.

Just a quick teaser I put together rather quickly. I should have a longer one finished soon.

enjoy! :thumbsup:

YouTube- Cadillac CTS V Coupe & CTS Coupe Preview Walkaround

RB190
06-26-10, 05:32 PM
:thumbsup: That car is sick.

RB

neuronbob
06-26-10, 05:47 PM
Absolutely love the V Coupe. :drool:

digital1021
06-26-10, 07:17 PM
Awesome video, thank you.

Makes me feel better about having to wait for mine.

~ Matt

thebigjimsho
06-26-10, 11:19 PM
Yikes! Those tailpipes are horribly off-center...

UnsafeAtAnySpd
06-27-10, 11:28 AM
I need to quit checking the '09+ forum...

It's weird how small the 19s look on that car.

SleepTight
06-27-10, 01:20 PM
I'm surprised nobody has posted on this yet. I was invited to a preview of the new CTS Coupe over at North Shore Cadillac in Great Neck, New York and right on the showroom floor was a Thunder Gray V Coupe.

Sorry about the cellphone pics, didn't think to bring my camera.

My overall impressions of the V Coupe are that its the V Sedan without doors. That may be an obvious observation, but the Coupe doesn't look as distinctive in person as it does in photos. The side doors have a slick hidden door handles and the crease in the rear is neat, but otherwise, it really doesn't present any different than the sedan.

The interior is virtually identical except that the higher sills and smaller back window make the already compromised visibility in the V sedan even worse in the Coupe.

Don't get me wrong, its a very nice looking car and I'm sure that those who've already ordered will not be disappointed. The V sedan is already a very nice looking machine and the coupe's special touches certainly add some additional drama. Cadillac definitely checked all the boxes deign-wise on this one.

Enjoy the photos:

neuronbob
06-27-10, 02:33 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/203676-2011-cts-v-coupe-teaser.html

...posted yesterday. :) That's OK, the Coupe is awesome no matter how many pics we have of it.

Jailtime
06-27-10, 02:43 PM
I dig those tailpipes.

The Black Dahlia
06-27-10, 03:09 PM
What's even cooler than the actual car is how the Cadillac team is building up the accessories starting shortly after the coupe's release: They told me that they are planning on offering colored Brembo sets (Red, Yellow, etc.) Along with offering the current and a new V-style wheel in a matte Black Finish. They said a couple more items are in the works too.

It feels good to hear that they want to contribute to individualism, instead of just observing it.

haterinc
06-27-10, 03:28 PM
LoL appreciate the write up Olan Mills but 3 of 4 of those pics could be the sedan ;) the jury is still out on this for me. I like a lot of it but some parts look akward but you have to appreciate it and honestly the fact it even made it to production in this economic toilet is a miracle and hopefully a blessing of more good things to come!

Trans damm
06-27-10, 03:47 PM
Any idea when the car will be there till?

musclesbmf
06-27-10, 03:56 PM
LoL appreciate the write up Olan Mills but 3 of 4 of those pics could be the sedan ;) the jury is still out on this for me. I like a lot of it but some parts look akward but you have to appreciate it and honestly the fact it even made it to production in this economic toilet is a miracle and hopefully a blessing of more good things to come!

Dude I have missed your humor on this forum...
"Olin Mills"... that was awesome!!! :highfive:

Mark

RemoWilliams
06-27-10, 06:16 PM
It looks like that car has the KPE side vents. Looks great.

SD Detail
06-27-10, 08:59 PM
Does look stunning!

FSTCADY
06-28-10, 05:48 PM
IMHO, the coupe doesn't look quite right. Totally a matter of opinion, but the proportions on the coupe look off to my eye. The rear end doesn't look like it was designed at the same time, or by the same person, as the front end. Am I alone on that?

BeagleBrains
06-28-10, 09:21 PM
Alone! Don't like - don't buy.

mugatu22
06-28-10, 09:29 PM
Black Dahlia--very cool vid & good to see some real world details.

I'm with the others, the car looks hacked together from a front piece & a rear piece...not much coherency in the way the car's lines flow IMO.

BTW, I'm an Andy McKee fan...nice music choice.

V&Vette
06-28-10, 09:29 PM
IMHO, the coupe doesn't look quite right. Totally a matter of opinion, but the proportions on the coupe look off to my eye. The rear end doesn't look like it was designed at the same time, or by the same person, as the front end. Am I alone on that?

Agree, not a fan of the back.

aj660
06-28-10, 11:52 PM

I felt that way at first, but then the look grew on me. I finally got to see the car in person last week, and I am definitely happy with my decision to buy the V-
Coupe; the car looks sweet in person.

mugatu22
06-29-10, 12:03 AM
Alone! Don't like - don't buy.

Clearly NOT alone. :bigroll:

thebigjimsho
06-29-10, 02:19 AM
V wagon!

khoeysr
06-29-10, 02:44 PM
I'm surprised nobody has posted on this yet. I was invited to a preview of the new CTS Coupe over at North Shore Cadillac in Great Neck, New York and right on the showroom floor was a Thunder Gray V Coupe.

Sorry about the cellphone pics, didn't think to bring my camera.

My overall impressions of the V Coupe are that its the V Sedan without doors. That may be an obvious observation, but the Coupe doesn't look as distinctive in person as it does in photos. The side doors have a slick hidden door handles and the crease in the rear is neat, but otherwise, it really doesn't present any different than the sedan.

The interior is virtually identical except that the higher sills and smaller back window make the already compromised visibility in the V sedan even worse in the Coupe.

Don't get me wrong, its a very nice looking car and I'm sure that those who've already ordered will not be disappointed. The V sedan is already a very nice looking machine and the coupe's special touches certainly add some additional drama. Cadillac definitely checked all the boxes deign-wise on this one.

Enjoy the photos:

Sleep, this is the same VCoupe that showed up at Valley Cadillac in Rochester on Saturday 6/26. The product manager said he already had 2000 miles and was racking them up quickly.

lunarx
06-29-10, 05:33 PM
V wagon!

With a Manual. :yup:

The Black Dahlia
06-29-10, 06:03 PM
Black Dahlia--very cool vid & good to see some real world details.

I'm with the others, the car looks hacked together from a front piece & a rear piece...not much coherency in the way the car's lines flow IMO.

BTW, I'm an Andy McKee fan...nice music choice.

Thanks, it was a quick "go grab my Flipcam and edit it" type of video, so sorry for the quality. But the music makes up for it, love Andy Mckee. He's so talented.

The car looks so much better in person. It flows much nicer when looking at it in front of you. The profile is soooo much better in person too.

It's worth it to view it/drive it in person when available.

thebigjimsho
06-29-10, 06:04 PM
With a Manual. :yup:
Ernie! How you doin'? I heard you had your V back on the road, or close to...