: New V Owner!!

Stingray496
06-26-10, 02:11 PM
Happy to join the club! Picked up a CPO 07 yesterday in AL and drove it back to Atlanta. Love the car. Been lurking on this site for a while, and looking for the right car for several months. I plan to do some mods, but will just drive it for a while as is.

Car is Raven Black, one owner from Florida (Venice area). 100% stock as far as I can tell.

Houdini
06-26-10, 03:22 PM
Congrats on the V!

:postpics:

wcryan
06-26-10, 08:36 PM
first mod... shifter, then better tires

rand49er
06-26-10, 08:46 PM
:welcome:

Stingray496
06-27-10, 12:25 AM
Funny you mention the shifter. I took a friend for a ride in the car today and it is hard to bang quick shifts. The shifter in this car is far better than a stock one I sampled in an 05 V, but not nearly as good as the TKO 5 speed shifter in my big block vette.

Are the shifter upgrades the notchy style (like the TKO internal rail) or just tighter version of what is already on the car?

wcryan
06-27-10, 06:54 PM
Get brians shifter. Affordable, great directions, and all the extras u need to do it. I wouldn't buy a shifter anywhere else

cvettr/cts-v
06-28-10, 01:59 PM
Funny you mention the shifter. I took a friend for a ride in the car today and it is hard to bang quick shifts. The shifter in this car is far better than a stock one I sampled in an 05 V, but not nearly as good as the TKO 5 speed shifter in my big block vette.

Are the shifter upgrades the notchy style (like the TKO internal rail) or just tighter version of what is already on the car?

First congrats, second verify what shifter you have sounds like it may have been upgraded by your description.