: What do you guys use to clean/protect your interior?

WesH8398
06-26-10, 09:37 AM
What do you guys use to clean your:
-leather
-suede
-dash (I would think that armor all would get into the textured parts of the dash and wouldn't wipe up "clean"...?)

Also, if you use a separate product for protection of said areas, what do you use?

crankedupforit
06-26-10, 10:17 AM
Club soda in a spray bottle for the Alcantra suede.

Armor All natural finish detailer for the dash, console,and door panels etc.

Take your pick on the leather. It's pretty cheap stuff though so don't spend to much.

WesH8398
06-26-10, 03:14 PM
Club soda in a spray bottle for the Alcantra suede.

Do you use a brush or cloth? Anything to protect it after cleaning?

crankedupforit
06-26-10, 05:52 PM
Do you use a brush or cloth? Anything to protect it after cleaning?

Cloth or sponge. That stuff is pretty durable so there isn't really anything to protect it. You'd be surprised how nice club soda cleans up Alcantra. Use spot remover for bad stuff. I have the buff interior and it's a job to keep it clean.

WesH8398
06-26-10, 10:09 PM
Cloth or sponge. That stuff is pretty durable so there isn't really anything to protect it. You'd be surprised how nice club soda cleans up Alcantra. Use spot remover for bad stuff. I have the buff interior and it's a job to keep it clean.

I have the gray interior (is that also called "buff"?) so it's gonna be a bit of a chore too. I had a grocery bag leak a drop of raspberry juice onto the suede in the back seat a few weeks ago (trunk was full when I got the groceries) and I used some Shout laundry stain remover on it, but it didn't take it all out. I'll try the club soda for sure.
As for protection stuff, I was just thinkin of something in the way of Scotchguard or something like that...to help get stains up when they do happen.