: Anyone covert fogs to Xenons (HIDs)??

LFTW8S
06-26-10, 01:17 AM
Just curious if anyone has converted their fog lights to a Xenon (HID) set-up. If so, how was the install and did it help with light output? What color bulbs did you use and do they match the headlights?

Thanks

CASEY122457
06-26-10, 10:55 AM
Did 5000k on mine, made a huge difference. I used a relay harness also. Now I just need to change the low beam HID bulbs, they look yellow.

LFTW8S
06-26-10, 12:06 PM
Did 5000k on mine, made a huge difference. I used a relay harness also. Now I just need to change the low beam HID bulbs, they look yellow.

Nice. I was curious about the light output because the fogs look small. Using the relay harness is the only way to do it. How did you hook up the harness? Was the battery hard to get to? What brand HIDs did you use? I ask all these questions becasue the engine bay is REALLY full. Thanks much.

Any before/after pics?

CASEY122457
06-26-10, 12:48 PM
Sorry, no pics. I used Xenon Depot. Battery is in the trunk, there is a positive post in the engine bay, it has a red cap. Take the fender liners out to access the fog lights. This is not a difficult job.

Ross Racing
06-26-10, 03:59 PM
D3 has replacment HID bulbs I have been thinking about going with

Maybe slighly off topic, but can you somehow set/wire the fogs to come on with the low beams?

Titaniumseeker
06-28-10, 12:22 PM
Just curious if anyone has converted their fog lights to a Xenon (HID) set-up. If so, how was the install and did it help with light output? What color bulbs did you use and do they match the headlights?

Thanks
I did with mine:

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970122_large.jpg

OEM fogs Left HID on Right

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970245_large.jpg

HID Fogs and LED DRL's

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970251_large.jpg

Close up of DRL

HID's are at 5000K purchased from SHARPHID.com. It was the DDM Ultra Slim HID kit with the H11 bulbs. Kit is basically plug and play, no errors produced and easilly installed. There are threads covering this subject already. Hoen bulbs are a cheaper alternative $$$ and they will produce similar results.

1-2-N-V
06-28-10, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE

HID's are at 5000K purchased from SHARPHID.com. It was the DDM Ultra Slim HID kit with the H11 bulbs. Kit is basically plug and play, no errors produced and easilly installed. There are threads covering this subject already. Hoen bulbs are a cheaper alternative $$$ and they will produce similar results.[/QUOTE]

Hey, how the heck do you get to the lights to change the lamps. I was going to put the LED in the DRLs and I gave up. could not figure it out. Any tips? I want to change the directionals to the white LED also and add a yellow LED strip under head lamp assy. I figure i could wire the directional hot with the DRL and tap the directionals to the new yell LED strips i want to install. I also woul like to change those round fogs cap the hole some how and place a bright LED strip somewhere down there. Anyone know where to get a wiring diagram for these lights?

mpouls1
06-28-10, 12:48 PM
^^^

If I may also ask, how did you install the LED DRLs? I purchased some 5202 LED bulbs from aac for the DRL's. It looks like I would have to pull the bumper off so they have been just sitting around.

1-2-N-V
06-28-10, 01:01 PM
Man this sucks. that's what it seems like you have to do.

LFTW8S
06-28-10, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE

HID's are at 5000K purchased from SHARPHID.com. It was the DDM Ultra Slim HID kit with the H11 bulbs. Kit is basically plug and play, no errors produced and easilly installed. There are threads covering this subject already. Hoen bulbs are a cheaper alternative $$$ and they will produce similar results.

Hey 1-2-N-V,

What are the "HOEN" bulbs you mention?

1-2-N-V
06-28-10, 01:22 PM
Hey 1-2-N-V,

What are the "HOEN" bulbs you mention?

When did i mention Hoen? I had bought some dim ass LEDs from LED.com that some else had bought. They may work good for the DRL but barely look lit in place of the halogen lamp in the fogs. I don't are if they are super bright (the fogs) just that they are the same blueish white color of the light pipes and the main HIDs. the yellow lights of the fogs and DRls are not that appealing. I want to change the fugly fogs to a LED strip light of some kind anyway.