: 95 deville 4.6 northstar ISC clicking

jdaugherty3
06-25-10, 03:12 PM
Had a very rough idle so I changed ISC, bought a new one. Now, the rough idle is cured but the ISC clicks when the key is on, before engine start, and also after the engine is cut off. I can pop the hood, and watch the plunger on the NEW ISC go in and out. What could be the cause of this. I mean, its a new part. Please help, also the car runs very rough now, only when in gear. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Ranger
06-25-10, 04:01 PM
It needs to be adjusted. Engine on, idling, press on the plunger. It should retract. When it bottoms out, unplug it and adjust the gap to .030.

jdaugherty3
06-25-10, 04:36 PM
Thanks, I did that, it just made the ISC click faster. I think I got a NEW bad ISC. What do you think?

jdaugherty3
06-25-10, 05:11 PM
Is there a way to test the ohms on the part itself. The book says i can, how do i do it?

Ranger
06-25-10, 09:28 PM
:noidea:
I seem to recall a thread about this, or similar to it not long ago. Try a search.

jdaugherty3
06-27-10, 01:00 PM
Ok, got all that fixed, and changed the spark plugs. Now the car bucks wildly while in gear and only when the AC Compressor is on. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Submariner409
06-27-10, 01:49 PM
I just posted some ignition info in your same question - other thread.

There may be something fishy with the new IAC setup - the PCM adjusts idle as the A/C compressor cycles on and off (engine load change), so maybe there's a connection there.........