: Important update on those who ordered V-Coupe

aj660
06-24-10, 01:19 PM
I just received a call from the sales mgr at my dealer with a very disappointing update on my order. He tells me that Cadillac is not accepting orders for 6sp manual V-Coupes. Of course I ordered manual so I'm pretty pissed. He did explain that this could change at any time and maybe even next week, but at the moment, he can only order automatics. He said he'll keep me updated and that was it.

Anybody else order a manual? Did you hear this news?

cbloveday
06-24-10, 01:32 PM
i just got off the phone with Cadillac of Naperville. Sales Mgr said that is not the case. It is all based upon allocation. He is ordering several as I respond to your thread. Let me know if you need one shipped to you!

06-24-10, 01:33 PM
I had a similar experience when I ordered my 2010 sedan with the 6M in March. Apparently there are some supplier issues with the 6M trannies, and the system will only accept orders when there is a green light on the supply chain. My order was "denied" when they first entered it into the system, but was "accepted" a day or two later.

At least that was what I was told. After the order was accepted, the car came in exactly as ordered, about 6 weeks later.

khoeysr
06-24-10, 01:55 PM
GOD, PLEASE, WILL SOMEBODY TELL US THE TRUTH AT ALL TIMES?:banghead::cookoo:

aj660
06-24-10, 07:52 PM
i just got off the phone with Cadillac of Naperville. Sales Mgr said that is not the case. It is all based upon allocation. He is ordering several as I respond to your thread. Let me know if you need one shipped to you!

Hmmm, this is the kind of response I was looking for. I'm hoping a few more chime in before I contact my dealer to say wtf .

MReiland
06-25-10, 07:14 AM
I would think between Cbloveday, Scott at Superior (Who you could call BTW) or Cadillac Tony you would be able to get the real answer on ordering right now.

musclesbmf
06-25-10, 09:12 AM
These cars are built per dealership based on their allotment (allocations). Same thing happened in 05/06 when the new Z06 came out. Better dealers were able to order more cars. I was on a waiting list to have one built. The list was 10 deep and that was after production had already started. So just because you ordered a car, doesn't mean it's going to be built right away or anytime soon. the dealers should have told you guys this. They know how many they are allowed/allotted. Some dealers may only be allotted 1 V-coupe for who knows how long, and other's may be allotted several. that is why some dealers sell for volume because they get a larger allotment of specialty cars. Ask your dealer(s) what their allotment is (and yes, they know), and if your order is in that group or if they ordered a bunch to put on the sales floor and will fill your order later.

Mark

aj660
06-25-10, 04:13 PM

Thank you.. I called Cadillac of Naperville and spoke with John in sales. He told me that there's no problem ordering a V-Coupe in Manual. He also said he wasn't aware of any ordering issues with manual 6sp.

So, of course I call my dealership and the sales mgr explained that the other dealer can place the order, but he still insisted that Cadillac is not accepting orders for manual coupes. He told me to verify for myself and he gave me GM's 800 number to call.

I call the 800 number and at first the person wasn't aware of any issues ordeing the coupe in Manual. I am then placed on hold for 15 minutes and then I am told that there is a technical issue with the manual 6sp and they're working on it. To make a long story short: Manual orders are not being accepted at this time....

cbloveday
06-25-10, 05:42 PM
Let me try and be clear here.

You can put the order in but a window then pops up thet states, "Restraint by manufacturer"
What is going on is Gm is stinll in the feeler stage seeing what type of demand there is in order to guage how many to build.
Your order goes in and gets a preliminary placement doesn't mean being built. Once allocation by zone, is complete and your dealer is allocated the build, boom off to the races. It is my understanding that the coupe manual is an very limited car. Maybe 20 month are going to be built.

Until your dealer gets allocation, you'll be no closer to the car.

I hope your dealer has sold a good amount of Vs in the past, if not, well could be a while.

If you want clarification on the whole process, call Paul Stonehouse @ Naperville Caddy as he does their ordering.

Good luck.

BTW, I would tke the answer from a 800 number as golden. Go to the source.

aj660
06-26-10, 01:07 PM
Let me try and be clear here.

You can put the order in but a window then pops up thet states, "Restraint by manufacturer"
What is going on is Gm is stinll in the feeler stage seeing what type of demand there is in order to guage how many to build.
Your order goes in and gets a preliminary placement doesn't mean being built. Once allocation by zone, is complete and your dealer is allocated the build, boom off to the races. It is my understanding that the coupe manual is an very limited car. Maybe 20 month are going to be built.

The person I spoke with at GM told me that there's a mechanical problem with the Manuals. GM also confirmed that demand or allocation has nothing to do with why my local dealer can't place my order for a manual Coupe. I was told that dealers can enter orders but they will not be filled until the issue with the manual tranny is resolved.

cbloveday
06-26-10, 01:25 PM
Got it. Good luck with it and hope you get it soon. :yup:

musclesbmf
06-26-10, 05:51 PM
Your dealer can place as many orders as he wants, but unless he has an allocation for the car to be built, the order will just sit in the system.

cbloveday
06-26-10, 06:49 PM
Yes, that is what I tried to say, Just like Hot IPOs. Gm is in the indication of interest period, then comes the allocation of cars period. If he has not sold many in the past, you may find your order "not filled".

aj660
06-26-10, 07:25 PM
Yes, that is what I tried to say, Just like Hot IPOs. Gm is in the indication of interest period, then comes the allocation of cars period. If he has not sold many in the past, you may find your order "not filled".

I understand what you both are saying and this is why I called GM to check for myself. Once again, the person I spoke with at GM told me that there's a mechanical problem with the Manual Coupes. GM also confirmed that demand or allocation has nothing to do with why my local dealer can't place my order for a manual Coupe. I was told that dealers can enter orders and at first the dealer might think the order went through, but they will be notified a few minutes later that no orders will be accepted for manual cars until the Manual tranny issue is resolved.

Btw, my local dealer explained to me that they have plenty of allocation for V-Coupes and whether I order in auto or manual is irrelevent.

I also spoke to Naperville again today and now they're looking into this as well. John said he'll call me back on Monday.

CopperSunburstCTS
06-27-10, 10:15 PM
For what it's worth, I ordered the Coupe V middle of last week with a Manual. Dealer sent me the order summery from GM, and they said the order status is "Accepted". They estimate the build date to be between July 5 - 20.

cbloveday
06-27-10, 11:28 PM
Congrats on your order being accepted. Let us know if there is any delay due to problems with the manual transmission. I would really like to know what the problem would be with the transmission. :suspect:

Is it not the one found in the V sedan?

aj660
06-28-10, 01:20 AM
For what it's worth, I ordered the Coupe V middle of last week with a Manual. Dealer sent me the order summery from GM, and they said the order status is "Accepted". They estimate the build date to be between July 5 - 20.

What dealer did you order from? Maybe somebody else can call GM just to make sure I'm not losing my mind.

musclesbmf
06-28-10, 09:34 AM
An order being accepted, just means that it is in queue. Until you get an order status event of 3000 or higher, it just sits there.

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced -- VIN assigned
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed

5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer
9000, Order Cancelled

Mark

aj660
06-28-10, 10:07 AM
An order being accepted, just means that it is in queue. Until you get an order status event of 3000 or higher, it just sits there.

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced -- VIN assigned
4000, Available to ship
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed

5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer
9000, Order Cancelled

Mark

This is exactly what the person from GM told me; the dealer can place the order, but it will not be processed until the manual tranny isue is resolved.

khoeysr
06-28-10, 10:16 AM
I am positive now that most of the dealers are playing games.

I think every single dealer knows exactly what's going on, and in most cases that is they're going to have to wait for our ordered V's, but they won't say, and Cadillac corporate always refers you to the dealer because of the individuality of their systems. Dealers don't want to lose the MSRP sales.

At this stage, with the car not commonly available, we'll just get 'em when they make 'em and not a minute sooner, and when they actually arrive it will be a surprise to everybody.

musclesbmf
06-28-10, 11:27 AM
A responsible dealer will gladly give their customer their current event status. Without an event status you have nothing. And until you have a 3000, you just have to wait. And again, certain dealers only have so many allocations to order 'X' number of V-coupes. And after production fully starts, etc, the dealer may or may not get more allocations for more coupes. So, if a dealer only has 2 allocations, only 2 cars are getting delivered to his dealership even if he has 3 or more pre-paid orders.

Mark

khoeysr
06-28-10, 11:49 AM
muscles, thanks for the secret code:) info. Helps in communications with the dealer.

khoeysr
06-28-10, 12:04 PM
Hey muscles, I just got my event status- 1100.

The order manager also listed Priority 1. Does that mean anything or is he just blowing smoke?

khoeysr
06-28-10, 12:15 PM

The order manager also listed Priority 1. Does that mean anything or is he just blowing smoke?

aj660
06-28-10, 12:23 PM

Did you order manual ?

khoeysr
06-28-10, 12:37 PM
Did you order manual ?

Nope, auto.

aj660
06-28-10, 12:55 PM
A responsible dealer will gladly give their customer their current event status. Without an event status you have nothing. And until you have a 3000, you just have to wait. And again, certain dealers only have so many allocations to order 'X' number of V-coupes. And after production fully starts, etc, the dealer may or may not get more allocations for more coupes. So, if a dealer only has 2 allocations, only 2 cars are getting delivered to his dealership even if he has 3 or more pre-paid orders.

Mark

Thank you for providing us with very good information...

musclesbmf
06-28-10, 01:12 PM
You guys are welcome!! I went through this when the new C6 Z06 was going into production in late 2005. There were lots of constraints for this and for that and it's very annoying when you want the car "yesterday".
Your 1100 code just means the order has been accepted by GM to build it. When you start seeing that number change, you're in business. When it hits 3000, you're starting to "play ball".

Mark

khoeysr
06-29-10, 12:20 PM
Haven't heard yet from the dealer, but I called Cadillac customer service and the rep told me that the event code had not changed from 1100 and that he was told to call back same time next week. He says that he will call me with an update next week, which if he does will be awesome.

But it sure looks like it's at least another week of delay.

aj660
06-29-10, 12:54 PM
I just spoke with a different dealer from this forum. He confirmed that nobody can order a manual V-Coupe at this time.