: Wheels Stay Clean with this?

kgb14
06-23-10, 08:21 PM
I saw this over on the Corvette Forum and it looked so good that I wanted to share.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2621579-finally-a-cure-for-brake-dust.html

I drove the V just a few miles today and noticed a pretty good amount of brake dust on my just cleaned wheels. Has anyone here used this product and does it work?

http://www.armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=33&main_group=3&category_index=wheel

Looks great if true. I am gonna try it.

even a coupon

http://www.armorall.com/pdf/wheel_rebate.pdf

V&Vette
06-23-10, 08:28 PM
I actually use that on my Vette. It lasts about a week.

Length of how long it will last depends on how hard you drive the car and such though. All in all though a fairly decent product. They also make a cleaner that works wonders as well.

kgb14
06-23-10, 09:13 PM
I actually use that on my Vette. It lasts about a week.

Length of how long it will last depends on how hard you drive the car and such though. All in all though a fairly decent product. They also make a cleaner that works wonders as well.

How many applications do you get per can?

V&Vette
06-23-10, 09:50 PM
Well I cleaned not only the outer rim but the insides as well. I had a little time over the weekend and removed the wheels to get inside. Also did the calipers finally as well.

After all that I still had more than 1/2 can left. This after being more than liberal with the application.

chopmeat
06-23-10, 09:52 PM
I'm always afraid of using anything when you have clear coated wheels.
These companies always promise everything, but often they damage!

V&Vette
06-23-10, 10:00 PM
I was as well, that's why I used the 335 as a tester. Eagle One has a similar product that caused damage...this though seems to be the real deal.

Vlakaz
06-24-10, 01:19 PM
Sweet. I'll give that a try.

I assume it works fine on both the polished and painted wheels?

kgb14
06-24-10, 05:34 PM
Sweet. I'll give that a try.

I assume it works fine on both the polished and painted wheels?

If you follow the Corvette Forum link it answers your question I believe.:thumbsup:

MajCTS-V
06-24-10, 09:20 PM
Bought it and applied today...first impression on my chrome V wheels is wow...but I will reserve judgement for a couple weeks...just give you an idea...I bought the product today, installed, let the car sit for about 1.5 hrs and then drove through Williamsburg, VA, onto the Winery and then back to our hotel in Yorktown...chrome is still looking great...so, first impression is good.

dvandentop
06-26-10, 01:12 AM
nice will be getting some of this!

concorso
06-27-10, 11:18 AM
Pay attention to the lower body paint behind both fenders after a while of using this stuff. It kept my wheels clean, but the brake dust ended up sticking to the body panels instead.

I had this happen on both my E39 and my 1st gen CTS. Im curious to hear your results, especially on white and silver as itll be easier to see. If you do find brake dust, make sure to clay well...knead the clay frequently...

paul34
06-27-10, 11:37 AM
It's just a wheel sealant. A lot of people often wax and/or seal their wheels in the course of regular detailing as well.

It may help reduce brake dust a bit; its main advantage, however, is that when it comes time to clean the wheels, it is far easier. At that point, one can usually just use regular car soap to clean the wheel, rather than have to pull out the harsh chemical wheel cleaners.

citori01
06-27-10, 04:38 PM
We have tried the armorall product as well with better than fair results. After cleaning the wheels very well applying the product which is pretty easy, it seems to give you about an extra 10 days before the wheels look bad. But with using the armorall wheel product the wheels seem to clean up a little easier. Just my two cents.
Jason

concorso
06-28-10, 03:09 PM
It's just a wheel sealant. A lot of people often wax and/or seal their wheels in the course of regular detailing as well.

It may help reduce brake dust a bit; its main advantage, however, is that when it comes time to clean the wheels, it is far easier. At that point, one can usually just use regular car soap to clean the wheel, rather than have to pull out the harsh chemical wheel cleaners.Im gonna assume youve never used it... Its not an average wheel sealant. Its the first one Ive used that actually works. IT WILL stop the accumlation of brake dust temporarily. Ive used everything from Klasse SG to Poorboys Wheel Sealant, Blackfire Wheel Sealant, etc... All of those work like you say...they make it easier to clean. None will resist heavy brake dust that comes from performance brake packages. The ArmorAll will, tho...try it. For some reason, it doesnt work as well when you spread it on with a cloth or sponge. So if you have thin spoke wheels like I do, youll waste alot.

Before you knock this stuff as being another crappy armorall product, test it out. Put your favorite wheel sealant on one side of the car and this on the other. Ill bet you see at least a week extra of clean wheels on the armor all side.

Umrswimr
07-16-10, 09:13 AM
That video is :eek:

I'll be stopping by on the way home to pick some up.

sefa01
08-12-10, 05:14 PM
Funny stuff. Bought because of raves on corvetteforum.com. It worked great on the chrome wheels on my C6 Z06. Put it on my 2009 V polished wheels and it didn't do much. Decided to try it again this since I had to make a 500-mile round trip. Had the car hand-washed Monday and put the Armour Wheel Protectant on immediately after. Let it sit for more than a day. Then took my trip. Came home and the wheels look like crap. Guess I'll use the rest of the can on the Vette.