: Anyone interested in doing a 350 swap?

outsider
06-23-10, 08:17 PM
http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/1807105767.html

350 rocket engine with th350 tranny for 500. says it runs and shifts good :O

The-Dullahan
06-24-10, 01:07 AM
And I thought the engine ads down here were short.

It's amazing that Craigslist is free and people still treat it like they're making a newspaper ad.

cleve
06-25-10, 03:26 PM
im thinking about a chevy crate for my 84. it has a 4100=no power

The-Dullahan
06-26-10, 12:47 AM
im thinking about a chevy crate for my 84. it has a 4100=no power

Same thing I figured for my car. Never been the biggest fan of Chevy engines, though I've got some interesting memories (and polaroids) of a pair of '67 red Chevelle SS 454's, but unless I get $10,000 for an engine (www.cadillacperformanceparts.com) anytime soon, Chevrolet sounds to be the more reasonable way to go, especially since even if I DIDN'T get a good one, parts for 350's and 454's are dirt-cheap when they are used and even new parts are easy-to-find, if not a bit costly.

jayoldschool
06-26-10, 02:49 PM
I've got some interesting memories (and polaroids) of a pair of '67 red Chevelle SS 454's

454 didn't debut until 1970 ;)

greencadillacmatt
06-26-10, 03:02 PM
^Any pics of that Cadillac yet, Jay? :)

JoCan
06-26-10, 03:56 PM
Same thing I figured for my car. Never been the biggest fan of Chevy engines, though I've got some interesting memories (and polaroids) of a pair of '67 red Chevelle SS 454's, but unless I get $10,000 for an engine (www.cadillacperformanceparts.com) anytime soon, Chevrolet sounds to be the more reasonable way to go, especially since even if I DIDN'T get a good one, parts for 350's and 454's are dirt-cheap when they are used and even new parts are easy-to-find, if not a bit costly.
Your Cadillac performance parts website has been hacked by a towelhead.

The-Dullahan
06-27-10, 12:30 AM
454 didn't debut until 1970 ;)

I know.

My Father's Chevelle (That he kicks himself for selling every time he thinks about it...which is weird, because he has only one leg, but can theoretically "kick") was a 1967. He used to drive it about the mountain back home and have all the townspeople wave to him and such, as they do for such a car (since everyone else drove 80's-era trucks or fullsized sedans) One time in a bar a man commented to him about it (Because all we had were bars and cemeteries (Thus I was created) and stated that he probably gets a lot of attention in it. He said "everyone waves to me in THAT car" the man told him that another man, local to that area, had one IDENTICAL to it. He got the man's number and they got to meet up and exchange stories and get some photos. The other man's had bucket seats and though I would have to ask my Father, the other car MAY have had the smaller engine (I want to say 427? Is there such a thing?) but I am unsure. I am however sure that my father's had a 454.

Once, during a family visit about a year ago, he commented that he wished he still had it, as he in the evenings, he could still cruise about in it, as it is so hot in the day and there was no air conditioning. My mother commented it would be the nicest car in the neighbourhood, to which I commented "Second Nicest"

What type of freak would choose a '67 Chevelle over a Hearse?

The-Dullahan
06-27-10, 12:31 AM
Your Cadillac performance parts website has been hacked by a towelhead.

Towel Head?

This is worse than 9/11!

Are you certain? It sill seems to function.