: Bucket List O' Problems

1-2-N-V
06-23-10, 04:05 PM
@ 27,000 Miles
Loose Drivers (mostly noticeable)and Passenger Recaro seat (Again. Been fixed before)
Paint chipping rear brake light. Dealer made note, said must repaint.
Light paint coat at door handle recesses, drivers side. Looks like I can see primer under paint.
Clicking in Front Right wheel (New, maybe on other side also)
Creaking in Sunroof trim. Tried some tape, somewhat better but not fixed.
Heard consistent rattle/squeak in right front dash area for 3 weeks. Nothing noticeably loose. However have not heard in a couple weeks after it heavy rained. (if any coincidence)
New noise in right front. Sounds like Spring groan when bump hit low speed. This wheel/shock does not feel as absorbent any longer when bumps are hit. Other wheels feel OK when bumps are hit.
Another weird thing, Sometimes the ignition sticks and i cant turn it. I have to twist it back an forth a few times to get it to turn. Like if i did not have the key or something.

Man... i took my truck off the road and my Martin Cadillac in Yonkers closed up near where i work. It was real convenient to drop the car off and they drove me to work when i need stuff done. I will have to see if i can get another ride for work and get these things looked at.

Who has the bigger list?

GMX322V S/C
06-23-10, 04:35 PM
...New noise in right front. Sounds like Spring groan when bump hit low speed. This wheel/shock does not feel as absorbent any longer when bumps are hit. Other wheels feel OK when bumps are hit.
Another weird thing, Sometimes the ignition sticks and i cant turn it. I have to twist it back an forth a few times to get it to turn. Like if i did not have the key or something...
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Shock absorber failures (leaks) have been reported, maybe the one on that corner has seized.

My ignition will "stick" if the steering has any tension on it; for example, sometimes when I get in the car, I pull on the steering wheel and it turns slightly and "clicks" into the locking mechanism; it now has tension on it because the wheel wants to return to its former position. When it's like this I cannot turn the ignition switch until I turn the wheel a little to relieve that tension.

mugatu22
06-24-10, 12:38 AM
The rattles & dash/sunroof squeaks are inevitable, it's a GM. My Blazer, C5, Camaro and a family member's STS ALL had those problems, along with most of the other problems you list.

Most of the other members here are going to turn their head and act like they didn't read this thread, btw. Your list will remain the longest.

Caddyscat
06-24-10, 12:54 AM
I don't like the way my sunroof sunscreen flaps around when I have the driver and passenger window open. Sometimes I don't wanna open the damn thing. I fixed my wheel click by a thin layer of permatex anti seize between the wheel and the disc hat.

Vlakaz
06-24-10, 01:48 AM
I don't even want to get started with my list.... but my only suggestion is, report the paint chipping rear tail-light area but don't touch it... hold off as long as you can. Unfortunately I went ahead with the change and its been a disaster so far.

Apparently the replacement light is raised a little and has a slightly smaller footprint then my original. I wish the dealer would have told me before changing it. Now there is visible poor touch up paint showing the entire length of the light. I did not want them to repaint the entire trunk. To make it worse i've been in 3 times for them to either fix the touch up or fix the horrible uneven buff job the detailer did. I have to go back again because i can still see dull spots where the detailer forgot to buff.

If I knew this would happen, i would have removed the light myself and touched it up then put the original light back.

Live and learn I guess.

CVP33
06-24-10, 07:05 AM
Man I hate reading these stories. Are these mostly 2009 issues?

cbloveday
06-24-10, 07:27 AM
I have one complaint thus far. Squeaky driver side seat. Dealer did the TSB & still squeaks. They offered to take the car & remove seat and disassemble to determine cause. I will get loaner during the time it takes to diagnose & fix problem. More than reasonable.

CTSV4now
06-24-10, 10:02 AM
Hey OP, at least your supercharger isolator is not rattling.

Mu biggest complaint is the brake dust buildup on the front wheels.

lavaman
06-24-10, 10:53 AM
I have one complaint thus far. Squeaky driver side seat. Dealer did the TSB & still squeaks. They offered to take the car & remove seat and disassemble to determine cause. I will get loaner during the time it takes to diagnose & fix problem. More than reasonable.

Curtis... I don't remember from being in your car, but do you have the Recaro's? ... Frankly all I remember from that trip is HOLY SH@T THIS THING IS SILLY FAST!

If not my 08 CTS (same seat as the standard CTS-V) had the "squeaky mattress" syndrome in the drivers seat. Cadillac of Naperville fixed it... first try.

Doug

V&Vette
06-24-10, 11:10 AM
Hey OP, at least your supercharger isolator is not rattling.

Mu biggest complaint is the brake dust buildup on the front wheels.

This should help....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/203469-wheels-stay-clean.html

cbloveday
06-24-10, 11:28 AM
Curtis... I don't remember from being in your car, but do you have the Recaro's? ... Frankly all I remember from that trip is HOLY SH@T THIS THING IS SILLY FAST!

If not my 08 CTS (same seat as the standard CTS-V) had the "squeaky mattress" syndrome in the drivers seat. Cadillac of Naperville fixed it... first try.

Doug

Doug, it has the recaros. I do believe it is in the mattress springs or something internal cause they could not remedy the first go around in the 1 hour I was there. They just need to get deeper and it requires time.

We'll get to the bottom of it, so to speak. :)

RapidRob
06-24-10, 10:36 PM
Man I hate reading these stories. Are these mostly 2009 issues?

I think the guys with the problems tell us about them more. Owners that don't have any, or very few/minor, problems tend to be more quiet, (like myself). I have no issues, except minor noise from the sun-roof during turns, clicking wheels, and a rattle from the isolator after 9100 miles. I intend to bring these issues up at the next dealer visit, and we'll go from there. Otherwise, my copy is tight as a drum and and a joy to drive!

Rob

tedcmiller
06-24-10, 11:35 PM
I don't have a sunroof, so I can't complain about that. Otherwise, my "bucket list" of problems is very short - namely, zero length. 2009 CTS-V, build date 12/2008. Oh, I forgot about the non-issue of minor clicking of the front wheels when locked left or right.

OldRoadDawg
06-25-10, 01:18 AM
I guess there were a lot of happy assembly line workers the day they built mine (4/09).
No squeaks, creaks (or creeks), rattles, clicks, or clunks from wheels, seats, sunroof, isolator, center console or other interior pieces.... which all fit together without gaps.

Having a bad case of OCD when it comes to detailing, I've had the wheels off several times for cleaning. When reinstalling them, I've used different torque settings (anywhere from 100 to 158 lbs)... just to see if they would click.
Zip - Nada - Nothing.

No chipping paint around the CHMSL or blotchy paint anywhere else. I do have the Xpel covering across the front.

Closest dealer is 50 miles away, but I have yet to try and develop a rapport with them, since after nearly 1 yr of ownership and 9K miles I haven't needed their services. I change the oil and nothing else has needed adjusted or tweaked.

My buddy has a tire shop, so he handles the tire balancing and alignment. But even the tires are wearing evenly with only slight adjustments to the balance. Something I could never say about my previous V1 (although it was mostly trouble free also).

I have yet to obtain the higher mpg that some of you get, due to an affliction in my right foot, and yes - my V has seen the high triple digits on the speedo, and been rock solid while doing it, so it doesn't get pampered on the highway.

So I'm sorry to hear the complaints from some of you guys. However for those folks reading through this forum, contemplating buying a new or previously owned V... I've got 5+ yrs of ownership in 1st and 2nd generation CTS-Vs and loved every problem free minute.

And. . . if it wasn't for the beast of an engine under the hood, tight handling and phenomenal brakes of my V2 keeping a perpetual smile on my face, the car could 'almost' be considered boring..... until the guy next to me at the signal light looks over, gives me a thumbs up and says "gorgeous car man".

Thanks to all the folks at GM who put mine together just right. :thumbsup:

(I'm out of here and back to a fresh, cold Yuengling Black & Tan)

JFJr
06-25-10, 07:42 AM
Build date in 12/08 and approaching 27,000 miles with no unwanted noises, bumps, etc. My radio does come on every time I start the car, but I refuse to have the TSB performed and lose a few dozen contacts in my address book. Marvelous car and gets a surprising amount of compliments for a sedan.

Vrocks
06-25-10, 08:56 AM
I have an early 2010 with the usual problems. Sun roof squeaks, rear diff groans when turning, front wheels click, service parking break message comes on all the time, and the glove box rattles.

I'm brining it in soon, and I'd expect most of the problems to be taken care of easily.

I still love the car.

tedcmiller
06-25-10, 12:58 PM
JFJr, I had the TSB installed that stopped the radio from coming on everytime the car is started , even if it was off when the car was shutdown. I did not lose anything, in my address book or otherwise.

JFJr
06-25-10, 01:49 PM
JFJr, I had the TSB installed that stopped the radio from coming on everytime the car is started , even if it was off when the car was shutdown. I did not lose anything, in my address book or otherwise.Wow! Thanks, Ted. I guess that I'll discuss this again with my dealer to determine if I should risk the data loss, as cautioned in the TSB.

Jud

GMX322V S/C
06-25-10, 03:04 PM
I also had the dealer "fix" this back when we first started discussing it here. From what I recall about how they went about investigating and fixing it, I don't believe there was a formal TSB at the time. I didn't lose anything either--it just seems to take a bit longer to give me the wreath and crest when I start up after shutting down with the radio off.

jfarber01
08-10-10, 08:34 PM
1-2-n-v regarding your paint problems with the primer showing through:

Pics of my V stripped and getting repainted courtesy GM

www . cardomain . com / ride / 3800033 / 2

(apparently i'm too n00b to post links seriously?)

My paint was HOSED, GM repainted the entire car. Now I'm dealing with the squeaks and groans (partially plastic fantastic interior, partially because the shop had to rip out the interior to mask everything off)...so I am doing the felt and electrical tape upgrades next week.

Back to the paint, make sure your local district rep gets good pics from you like what i did. it needs to go to cadillac QA and then GM approves the job. That's how it went for me anyways.

Razorecko
08-10-10, 09:00 PM
^ same sh*t here. Body shop sprayed clear coat all over my car when fixing the chip off the tail light. THAN tried to cover it up by buffing the crap out of my car. 3x they tried to fix it by buffing out more and more out of my clear coat. I said screw it. I'll have to pay a pro to fix it and will cut my loss. Biggest mistake i made, i should have just spent 5min of my time and touched it up myself.

Domsz06
08-11-10, 08:20 AM
sorry to hear about those issues. My build date was 10/08, 27,xxx miles and nothing but a :D

Oh yeah brake dust sucks, but I plan on doing the method and product listed above, but I also have a z06 and you think these have bad brake dust..... ha ha ha no way no how!

Razorecko
08-11-10, 10:03 AM
^ that armor all wheel protectant spray is awesome for the brake dust. I put it on and it kept my rims dust free for a solid 2-3 weeks, even after rain !

hamta
08-11-10, 12:08 PM
I've used the Armor All wheel spray as well, on both my CTS and ZO6 and it works like a dream. Wish I knew about this before. Works so well, you can just blow the brake dust off the wheels. I've had no problems with my CTS at all. Only the heated windshield washer recall.

cts-vv
08-11-10, 12:21 PM
MINE : - changed bypass valve + leak on diff cooler ... Fixed and im proud owner of V ...

Domsz06
08-11-10, 12:44 PM
I need to get that stuff, just haven't gotten to it yet...

I will soon, if not today this weekend for sure.

wfo
08-11-10, 01:26 PM
Problems suck...But unless your car's been highly modded, get that car to the dealership and have it checked out under warranty.