: Cadillac, Lincoln Offering Free Maintenance

CadX6
06-23-10, 04:00 PM
Maybe old news - but I just ran across this......

DETROIT - The Cadillac luxury car brand says it will offer 2011 model year buyers free regular service for four years after purchase or for the first 50,000 miles.
The Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance program covers oil changes, tire rotations, filter changes and vehicle inspections. The first Cadillac models arrive at dealerships in late summer.
The move by Cadillac, which is owned by General Motors, follows a similar program announced last week by Ford for its Lincoln brand.

evois
06-23-10, 07:45 PM
I'd rather pay for my maintenance as I use Mobil 1 EP 5W/30 and nothing else. my dealer uses pennzoil, not sure if it is regular or synthetic.

CadX6
06-23-10, 08:26 PM
I'm sure if you picked up your Mobil 1 at Costco & took it to the dealer they would use it instead of theirs. Even when I was paying for the service that's what I did with my 2003 & still do with my wife's CTS.
At least you'd be getting the labor free.

07maralade
06-23-10, 10:24 PM
They've been doing this in Canada for a while.

North49
06-23-10, 10:27 PM
I'd rather pay for my maintenance as I use Mobil 1 EP 5W/30 and nothing else. my dealer uses pennzoil, not sure if it is regular or synthetic.

Is it just in Canada that the filler cap says to use Mobil 1 only? All of the dealers around here only use M1 on the Cadillacs, Vettes, and TrailblazerSS etc.

suprego123
06-24-10, 12:12 AM
I'm sure if you picked up your Mobil 1 at Costco & took it to the dealer they would use it instead of theirs. Even when I was paying for the service that's what I did with my 2003 & still do with my wife's CTS.
At least you'd be getting the labor free.

I am not the trusting type. I always wonder if I bring in Mobil 1, how do you stop the mechanics from keeping my Mobil 1 for their own use and put in the conventional oil?

hcvone
06-24-10, 09:00 AM
My BMW offers that, and as said I would rather pay and do it myself, and plan to even if the manufacturer offers it for free

evois
06-28-10, 11:58 PM
I am not the trusting type. I always wonder if I bring in Mobil 1, how do you stop the mechanics from keeping my Mobil 1 for their own use and put in the conventional oil?

mobil 1 has a dark color and a distinctive smell to it. I know if they used my oil or not.:)