: No oil pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-23-10, 12:11 PM
2005 CTSV starting alarming overthe weekend "No Oil Pressure". Powered down. Oil volume and appearance looked normal. No bad engine sounds. I had her towed to a seasoned mechanic. After sitting 2 days, he took it for a ride and oil pressure began reading 37-41 on the guage after a mile. Said must be a loose sensor. Told me sensors are way behind supercharger and since she is "acting normal", drive her and don't worry. With every start she alarms zero oil pressure tha climbs to normal pressure after about 60 seconds. Needless to say, I'm worried. What do you think? Oil pump, sensor, ?????? Anyone else experience this?
Thanks,
Ron

Twitch
06-23-10, 12:24 PM
Couple people have had very high pressure readings.

If you want to change the sensor without pulling off the Maggie (which is not as hard as it looks) you can remove the wiper motor. That should give you enough room to get to the sensor under the Maggies belt.

ctsv154
06-23-10, 12:54 PM
Mine did this and apparently when I pulled the engine and reinstalled everything, I somehow lost the rubber seal and water got down in the connector and it would read zero and climb back up and read zero and climb back up. I would check that first. It's right behind the blower on the driver side.