: Need front replacement trim piece - anyone know where to get this cheap?

Cub Cadet
06-23-10, 07:13 AM
I had an unfortunate encounter with an uneven sidewalk this morning as I was leaving to go to work. I usually pull in because of the grade, but backed in last night. AS I pulled out this morning, the car dipped in an area where their sidewalk sank/settled over time. So, I have a trashed plastic trim piece that runs on the bottom of the front valance on the passenger side. Anyone know where I can get a passenger side trim piece cheap?
Any idea how they attach? I quickly looked here at work and it looks like just plastic christmas tree / push pin things that hold it on.
I am absolutely sick about this right now.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/members/cub-cadet-albums-2002-f150-lightning-picture138873-plastic-trim.jpg

MReiland
06-23-10, 07:45 AM
Well it looks like from the parts catalog it is held on by a christmas tree in the forward retainer and a nut and bolt in the rear retainer towards the wheel well. The bad news is, I can't see the part number for that piece, it is listed as 'NS' FASCIA - FRT BPR LWR and part of (*KIT1) but I am not sure where *KIT1 is.

Ahh Ha, so the part # is 25882978 includes all 3 pieces and the proper fasteners. There doesn't appear to be a part number for only the passanger side you require. Maybe you can sell the others to another forum member. List Price is $157 - $96 at partsdirect (before shipping)

Cub Cadet
06-23-10, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the digging - I appreciate it!!! That must be some sort of shuttle grade plastic at that price!

chrswk
06-23-10, 09:04 AM
I may be interested in buying the passenger side off you. It got a little bit manhandled when we loaded the V onto a truck, but I haven't had the chance to look into it yet and won't be able to check until I'm back from my holiday on the 12th of July.

Cub Cadet
06-23-10, 10:06 AM
I need the passenger side piece as well, so if I buy the kit I will have the driver side left over to sell. Current kit price at the dealer is $158 for both sides and the mounting hardware.
GM Parts Direct is $96.55, but has $50 shipping charge as well.

Maybe someone bought the kit and has a passenger side left over that they want to sell????? Paypal is ready to go:)

chrswk
06-23-10, 11:13 AM
Sorry, I guess my brain valued the picture higher than the written text. :)

GMX322V S/C
06-23-10, 02:46 PM
GMPD shipping charges are a rip-off. I got the 3-piece kit shipped from another vendor for like $12. The 3 pieces are separate, so the box was basically as long as the middle piece and maybe 12" or so wide and 3" or so thick, and maybe all of 4 lbs.

Luke at Lindsay Cadillac quoted me a price around 10 bucks more than the GMPD price last year, but we didn't know the kit came in 3 pieces, so he thought the shipping would be expensive. Knowing what we know now, if he can get the shipping price closer to the price I got vs. the GMPD rip-off price, you might want to order from him.

Cub Cadet
06-23-10, 03:52 PM
Here is a quick picture of the carnage. Also, note how this area is extremely chewed up with rock chips. I have no idea why it is just that area... the front driver corner is still looking good.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/members/cub-cadet-albums-trailblazer-ss-picture138898-bad-plastic-piece.jpg

qictrk
06-23-10, 04:59 PM
I just inquired from gmcparts yesterday about the very same thing. Total cost is just under $150. I think I'll go to my local dealer if there is only a couple of dollars difference. Cecil.............

RB190
06-23-10, 05:34 PM
I hit a curb on the drivers side and ripped the entire brake duct out on that side. I also will need the trim piece for that side.

RB

thatcoder
06-23-10, 06:19 PM
Consider the replacement carbon fiber pieces. they are more durable.. and won't fall apart on you.

Cub Cadet
06-24-10, 07:37 AM
So if I buy the kit today, does anyone want the driver's side? I only need the passenger side, so I would be willing to split the kit up and just take the passenger side that I need.

Prof
06-24-10, 11:32 AM
Just had a Dealer quote $180.11. Watch the markups....dealers are scraping for pennies.

Cub Cadet
06-24-10, 02:40 PM
I have the kit for $120 from my dealer up the street.
Does anyone want to split the kit with me? I need the passenger side, but I need to sell the driver's side.

backup
06-24-10, 03:07 PM
PM sent

Vlakaz
06-24-10, 04:17 PM
Has anyone tried to paint these chin guards body colour after that have been damaged?

tbss08
06-24-10, 04:24 PM
I have all three front pieces from when I put the Carbon Fiber pieces on mine. I don't know how many little nicks are on there because I haven't looked at them in a while. I can post up some pictures. These are just sitting in my garage taking up space so I guess for shipping you'd be welcome to the piece you need, sort of like pay it forward with parts!:):)
The trim pieces are held on by little plastic pop in pieces and also I believe a 10mm bolt on the end. It takes about five minutes to take all three pieces out and put new ones in.:cool2:

everestsdad
06-24-10, 07:10 PM
Love your attitude. Pay it forward.

sharpermd
06-24-10, 09:16 PM
I would be interested in a driver's side piece if it is available. What can I do to make it worth your while? Pay it forward sounds great, but I'd understand if more is needed!

cbloveday
06-24-10, 09:20 PM
I never seen anything like that in my life. I can understand the curb hitting the canard, but THOSE CHIPS?

Did the curb disintegrate upon impact?

Cub Cadet
06-25-10, 08:15 AM
I never seen anything like that in my life. I can understand the curb hitting the canard, but THOSE CHIPS?

Did the curb disintegrate upon impact?

This is the only spot on the car that has chips - has been getting worse and worse since it was new. I do not understand it... was hoping the dealer would repaint it as I firmly believe it is a GM paint issue if it chips off that easily. That area is completely trashed, so all of this has forced me to re-paint it now. It is embarrassing... the other front corner is just fine. My driving is pretty mixed and for this to be all on one corner confuses me.

The trashed plastic piece was a result of coming down a steep driveway with sunken section of sidewalk. The front right corner went into the dip and then slammed the normal grade concrete apron. I am kind of relieved that GM built this plastic piece in as a sort of fuse so that it gets trashed and not the painted valance.

Jeffrey
06-25-10, 10:12 AM
Consider the replacement carbon fiber pieces. they are more durable.. and won't fall apart on you.

Hi,

Who has the best quality & price?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Cub Cadet
06-25-10, 12:21 PM
Still have the driver's side and middle piece available. The kit was $120 plus tax, so I will split the kit evenly with somebody. Let me know who needs either or both of those parts.

Vlakaz
06-25-10, 01:36 PM
Ok sooo once again Canadians get screwed lol.

Where you guys see these ranging from $90 to $150 for the chin guards... our Dealer up here tells me it will cost me $250 CDN (+tax) :cookoo:.. and yes our dollar is pretty much on par with the US dollar.

I think I need to track down a dealer in Buffalo and go for a quick drive.

GMX322V S/C
06-25-10, 02:00 PM
...I am kind of relieved that GM built this plastic piece in as a sort of fuse so that it gets trashed and not the painted valance.:) Wait until you see the thin slots along the very bottom that the lip slides into; they're cast as part of the whole bumper cover. On mine, the innermost ones--just to the left and right of the middle piece--are broken :annoyed: Could try gluing it, but they will always be under tension. A bone surgeon might be able to drive some micro-screws/anchors into it...

Ok sooo once again Canadians get screwed lol.

Where you guys see these ranging from $90 to $150 for the chin guards... our Dealer up here tells me it will cost me $250 CDN (+tax) :cookoo:.. and yes our dollar is pretty much on par with the US dollar.

I think I need to track down a dealer in Buffalo and go for a quick drive.Or give Luke at Lindsay a call...

Vlakaz
06-25-10, 02:37 PM
:)

Or give Luke at Lindsay a call...

What city is Luke in?

Cub Cadet
06-25-10, 04:02 PM
You would be better off buying from me what you need ( I am in NE Ohio). Or, you can go through my dealer (Columbus, OH).

Vlakaz
06-25-10, 04:25 PM
You would be better off buying from me what you need ( I am in NE Ohio). Or, you can go through my dealer (Columbus, OH).

Sounds good to me... I'll have to try to arrange a road trip with a buddy down there. Shipping cross border always ends up dinging me with customs charges unfortunately. Of course the cost of the gas will probably offset the price difference lol

tbss08
06-25-10, 07:23 PM
I would be interested in a driver's side piece if it is available. What can I do to make it worth your while? Pay it forward sounds great, but I'd understand if more is needed!

Hey,
Let me know where the ship to location is and I'll get a price to ship it.
The way I look at pay it forward is if someone has something else to offer we just keep it going helping each other out.
Leo