: Your not gonna beleive this (semi-rant)

slk230mb
08-31-04, 11:14 AM
My mom calls me up and asks for my best friends phone number so she can call his dad b/c is the parts manager at a near by toyota dealership. Normally I'd make the call if she needed a part for her 2000 Avalon. When I ask why she tells me that last night someone broke the lock on the drivers door so they could steal the passenger door, the whole thing. It is kinda comical the first time you hear it, but it kinda freaks you out a lil too. So I left my friend a message and I'm waiting to hear back. Now this doesn't come as a total suprise to me b/c I live in the worst area for car thefts/damage in Queens. Proof being that last week someone broke the drivers side mirror glass on my truck. :batty: My neighbor took some pictures, and I'll post them when she emails them to me. And I thought I was gonna have a boring day considering I only have one boring Anthropology class today. :rolleyes:

slk230mb
08-31-04, 12:27 PM
Pics

http://www.geocities.com/slk230mb81685/doorgate.html

My sister seems to be enjoying the whole situation.

Daniel Almestica
08-31-04, 12:49 PM
thats just mess up.damm they must of been pro's. I though queens was a nice place to live! bronx all my life never had a problem with my 94ect. feel bad for you mom hope she can get around!

slk230mb
08-31-04, 01:39 PM
Had to be pro's, they even left the 4 bolts that hold the door. She has another car to use, its just the aggrevation with the police report, insurance company, and adjuster now. I live in Bayside, protected by the 111th preceint ( :rolleyes: ) and they are one of the most understaffed in the area. And lets just say that the ones that have aren't the most capable.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-31-04, 01:40 PM
I think ive seen it all now when it comes to auto theft ........

Go get a wire feed welder and tack the door to its hinges and the unibody on each side ...that should give them a surprise next time they try to get the doors off just by unbolting them .....

I talk from experence , someone broke intot he race car trailer 2 months ago by removing the door fromt eh trailer with a socket set , luckily they didnt get anything (not even the turbo kit for a SR20)...took the trailer home and welded everything so the door couldnt be taken off conventionally ...not only do they have to go around the locks now but they need a plasma cutter to get the doors off ..last time i was there there was marks all over the curb door from where they tried to get in again .....MWAHAHAHAHA

lowscola
08-31-04, 02:09 PM
At least they didn't take the whole car...

T_Dogg8
08-31-04, 02:15 PM
your sister does seem to be enjoying herself. but sometimes that's the best thing to do in a situation like that.....laugh. either that, or how old is she, if she doesn't drive, maybe she's thinking this is a perfect chance to get a car.

caddyshack24
08-31-04, 03:57 PM
lol pretty funny. so i guess somebody mighta got in an accident and trying to cover it up? you shoulda be able to get your door back, prolly riding around sanded and primed. lol they drilled threw the driver to to get at the pssanger door .. can you see them carrying it down the street ha!

i dont know, heh not cool but damn funny
you've been side swiped!

slk230mb
08-31-04, 05:20 PM
Beleive it or not my sister is 4 years older than me. She's gonna be 23 in late september. It is my moms car, but she usually drives it considering my mom wont let her touch the Lexus and my dads suburban is too big for her. It would have been better if they took the whole car, cause then we could have used Lojack, too bad they don't put it in the doors. :rolleyes:

patfarrell
09-02-04, 12:31 AM
why didn't they just smash the window. It is quicker then prying out the lock

slk230mb
09-02-04, 01:33 AM
That probably would have made too much noise.

T_Dogg8
09-02-04, 08:43 AM
wow. that really sucks. i guess if that's the car your sister drives, then she's taking it rather well. i don't know what i'd do without a car.

slk230mb
09-02-04, 12:24 PM
It's the one they let her drive. :sneaky: She wasn't so bummed out b/c she works in the city and only uses it on the weekends. She'll be fine. If it was me however, I would be totally lost. Since I've had my license I've had a car everyday except my freshman year of college.

c5 rv
09-02-04, 09:26 PM
Give me a break! Talk about steal-to-order.

Dead Sled
09-02-04, 10:15 PM
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/ATA/24818BP.jpg

stolen door:D

T_Dogg8
09-03-04, 08:32 AM
It's the one they let her drive. :sneaky: She wasn't so bummed out b/c she works in the city and only uses it on the weekends. She'll be fine. If it was me however, I would be totally lost. Since I've had my license I've had a car everyday except my freshman year of college.
i know what you mean. i remember the first winter i had my license, i had to go like a month without driving because of a registration problem. it sucked. if i didn't have a car now i'd be lost. i guess if i could take public transportation, it might be a little different, but even for just weekends, i'd probably be a little more bummed out than her. she's a tougher cookie than i.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
09-03-04, 11:54 AM
Dude i was about to say ur mom is hot for being a mom, but since its ur sister nmind

slk230mb
09-28-04, 04:12 PM
Well $7800 later the car has a door again, now it's only problem is gonna be me driving it while I have some work done on the Escalade at home... :lildevil:

ShadowLvr400
09-28-04, 04:39 PM
Hey, is your sister single man? ;) j/k

slk230mb
09-28-04, 05:00 PM
As a matter of fact she is...good thing too the last one left a bad taste in my mouth... :sneaky:

Brett
09-28-04, 05:40 PM
the last one left a bad taste in my mouth... :sneaky:

STOP EATING PEOPLE :coolgleam :

slk230mb
09-28-04, 05:52 PM
STOP EATING PEOPLE :coolgleam :

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! :shhh:

ShadowLvr400
09-28-04, 06:13 PM
SLK, if the last one left a bad taste in your mouth, tell him to eat more citrus. As for your sister, how old, and where do you live again? ;)

slk230mb
09-28-04, 06:35 PM
Touche ShadowLvr400, she's 23 and I'm in Queens, NY.

Ralph
09-28-04, 06:44 PM
I missed this thread. Hmmm, now I've heard it all! At least it wasn't "blown off." ;)

Questions: Does the car have an alarm, and did the police follow up on any cars that were at an autobody or salvage yard inquiring about a door? You would think it wouldn't be too hard to find a car needing a door, no matter what color it is.

slk230mb
09-28-04, 08:52 PM
Ralph, no alarm, LoJack. And you are giving the NYPD, 111th Precinct, way to much credit. As soon as they heard full coverage for damage on the insurance, they didn't care at all. My precinct is understaffed, and we have the worst record for car theft/vandalism in Queens.

Ralph
09-28-04, 10:36 PM
BAH, the RCMP would have been all over that guy! (they don't call them mounted for nothing! :canttalk: )

slk230mb
09-28-04, 10:42 PM
BAH, the RCMP would have been all over that guy! (they don't call them mounted for nothing! :canttalk: )

LOL, damn Mounties... :coolgleam

T_Dogg8
09-29-04, 09:04 AM
As a matter of fact she is...good thing too the last one left a bad taste in my mouth... :sneaky:
cadillac owners are much better people :coolgleam

SupaFly
09-29-04, 11:11 AM
That's BS! I get so pissed when I hear stories like this. THANK GOD I woke up when some F_CKING SCUM was trying to steal my car. What I would've done if I woke up to no car. :helpless: