: Hood Embelm - 91 Brougham

mcgovernmatt
06-22-10, 09:55 PM
I have a 1991 Brougham, pretty mint condition, but I'm missing the hood emblem unfortunately...I went looking through the junk yards and saw some 80's broughams on the lot, with the emblem, but they mount on the hood. On the 90-92's they mount on the nose of the car....Will it matter what kind of emblem it is, are the mountings different or anything?

I'm new to Cadillacs, but driving w/o that emblem is just terrible! :)

jayoldschool
06-22-10, 11:36 PM
80-92 all mount in the same spot. Not on the hood.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/jayoldschool/Cadillac/004.jpg

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 11:56 PM
Yeah, they don't mount on the hood, they mount on the Nose of the car.

MudAnt
06-23-10, 12:00 AM
You found some in a junkyard with the emblem on them still!? Go get one ASAP! That's always the first thing to go on every Brougham I've seen in the yards.

And yes, it's the same emblem from 1977-1992

sven914
06-23-10, 12:13 AM
I bet you were looking at a Seville...

http://images.carsforsale.com/250196/908B1BCE-854D-47FF-ADA5-43902975CF49_1.jpg

The emblem from that won't fit on your car. The emblem you want is the larger Cadillac Crest with the wreath around it. They have large rectangular bases (as opposed to the circular ones used on the large crests without wreaths (de Ville emblem) and the smaller hood ornaments (front wheel drive emblem)).

The one you get should have the base, the screw, and the spring.

http://i33.tinypic.com/5brle.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture, it was the only one I could find, but you can sorta get an idea of what everything should look like.

mcgovernmatt
06-23-10, 09:15 AM
Thank you guys for your help...Yes, we went to the junkyards and there were a couple of those emblems...just wanted to make sure it would fit!

robb257731
06-24-10, 09:29 AM
You found some in a junkyard with the emblem on them still!? Go get one ASAP! That's always the first thing to go on every Brougham I've seen in the yards.

And yes, it's the same emblem from 1977-1992

No, the emblems are not the same from 77-92. There are different bases, and you need to ensure you get the right one. From 90-92 the base was almost 'coffin shaped' whereas the older ones were different. There's a guy on ebay that has all kinds of them, some new in the box. Unfortunately he charges way more for the 90-92 versions for whatever reason.

The-Dullahan
06-24-10, 11:32 AM
No, the emblems are not the same from 77-92. There are different bases, and you need to ensure you get the right one. From 90-92 the base was almost 'coffin shaped' whereas the older ones were different. There's a guy on ebay that has all kinds of them, some new in the box. Unfortunately he charges way more for the 90-92 versions for whatever reason.

Oh, I'm sorry, I just heard somebody say "Coffin Shaped" and had to investigate.

My car had the one with the round base, but this may or may not have been original, as it was also a Gold one, which I seriously doubt belonged to the car.

MudAnt
06-25-10, 01:40 AM

I know they used the same coffin-shaped base from 77-89, since I have an emblem from a 77 on my 86 right now. Not sure what the base is like in 90-92, don't know why it would be different though.

sven914
06-25-10, 02:50 AM
From what I've seen, the '90ed Brougham has the same hood ornament as the '80's cars.

The "coffin" like base looks like the one on the left. The right one is mounted to the wrong base, but you can see that the bottom of the emblem is actually round. The larger emblem is the correct one for at least '80-'92 (Fleetwood) Brougham, but if some say it was used in '77, I won't argue with that. The smaller emblem was used on '80's FWD, and was mounted in a round base.

http://i26.tinypic.com/ok67nl.jpg

mcgovernmatt
06-26-10, 12:08 AM
Robb...do you know what that guy on Ebay's user ID is, so I can purchase an emblem...I just was at the junkyard, and turns out the ones they have are all hood mounted, and won't fit my brougham.
I'd appreciate it!

brougham
06-26-10, 04:21 AM
I thought the 80s ones were all the same with the same rectangular looking base until you got into differences with deville hood ornaments and all that. As long as it has the rectangle base it will work and like sven914 said you need to get the whole thing. If you get just the emblem part it was probably stolen off someones car.

Aron9000
06-26-10, 06:06 AM
One of the first things I did on my 1991 Brougham was to replace all the faded crests on the car. That shit made the car look really bad and beat IMO.

This included a new hood ornament, new trunk lock emblem, and two new c-pillar crests with the spikes. Really dresses up your slightly tired Cadillac, kind of hides the fact that the paint isn't perfect. When you wax the car, you really want those emblems to pop just as much as the chrome and paint.

The-Dullahan
06-26-10, 01:12 PM
My car only had the one emblem, it was brand-new, but it was also gold, so that HAD to go. Ironically, I didn't replace it with a crest hood ornament.:alchi:

robb257731
06-28-10, 08:58 AM
Robb...do you know what that guy on Ebay's user ID is, so I can purchase an emblem...I just was at the junkyard, and turns out the ones they have are all hood mounted, and won't fit my brougham.
I'd appreciate it!

One is CLEARINGSHOP. I just checked his inventory, but he doesn't have any right now.

Just do a search on Cadillac Hood Ornament and you'll find loads of them.