: Made it to VA!

MajCTS-V
06-22-10, 08:12 PM
Another military PCS, and we made it...not a bad drive, Destin, FL to Hampton, VA. The wife and I (and the 3 three cats) have made it to the Hampton area. House will not be ready until 30 Jun, so the joy of it all is our household goods will have to be put in storage for about a week, then reloaded onto a truck and then delivered...fun times! Atleast the military moves everything...

The V averaged about 19 MPG with an average to empty on a full tank of 324 miles...

We are staying in Yorktown at a hotel right now, been exploring the area...

Look forward to meeting some of you around the local area...:thumbsup:

tbss08
06-22-10, 09:09 PM
Good luck on your move in. I retired from the Navy and spent 22.5 years stationed in Norfolk. Moved back to the Midwest when we retired. There are a lot of things to do around there. I see you are also over on the Vette Barn. Lots of good folks in the area there.
If you like parks, Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a blast, or it used to be.
The Beach will be very crowed this time of year but if you head over to that side of the tunnel head on down to Dam Neck and check out the beaches, much better than the over priced VA Beach.

nynd
06-22-10, 11:02 PM
The V averaged about 19 MPG with an average to empty on a full tank of 324 miles...

Always amazed how a Supercharged 6.2L gets this "good" fuel economy (as long as your hammering on it). Impressive. Makes you wonder why a gas guzzler tax, doesn't seem bad.

cbloveday
06-22-10, 11:21 PM
Scott,

Glad you made it. Good luck with your new home and enjoy VA!

CVP33
06-23-10, 09:29 AM
Welcome to Hampton Roads! There's a really good car gathering at Jenroe's in Virginia Beach every Saturday from 3pm until 7pm. Lot's of everything shows up so it's good if you like variety. I'm probably going around 4pm for a lil' while. I like seeing what everyone's done to their rides and occassionally we see something completely unexpected. 3 weeks ago there was a totally restored '57 Belair. Simply incredible car.

MajCTS-V
06-23-10, 10:10 AM
Sounds good, we may swing by this Saturday...

Welcome to Hampton Roads! There's a really good car gathering at Jenroe's in Virginia Beach every Saturday from 3pm until 7pm. Lot's of everything shows up so it's good if you like variety. I'm probably going around 4pm for a lil' while. I like seeing what everyone's done to their rides and occassionally we see something completely unexpected. 3 weeks ago there was a totally restored '57 Belair. Simply incredible car.

06-23-10, 10:30 AM
CVP33 is certainly your local expert. He can also tell you which local caddy dealers to stay away from down there (Hey Chris, howya been?).

Do not speed on any of the interstates down there. Trust me :eek:. Also watch for deer crossing the interstates in the fall. Trust me on that, too :mad:.

Busch Gardens has a great deal on a VA residents' pass. And if you get there early, they will let you park your car in an end spot :rolleyes:.

Welcome to VA.

CVP33
06-23-10, 08:13 PM
CVP33 is certainly your local expert. He can also tell you which local caddy dealers to stay away from down there (Hey Chris, howya been?).

Do not speed on any of the interstates down there. Trust me :eek:. Also watch for deer crossing the interstates in the fall. Trust me on that, too :mad:.

Busch Gardens has a great deal on a VA residents' pass. And if you get there early, they will let you park your car in an end spot :rolleyes:.

Welcome to VA.

Thanks man! Doing great. I wouldn't say that my dealership experience would be that experienced by others. Afterall I did mod' my CTS-V by running 255/45 tires vs. the stock 245/45 size. :nono:

Great advice on not speeding. They seem to really like the I64 corridor and VA Beach police are just..........well let's just say very committed to doing thier jobs. Maj - hope to see you at Jenroe's on Saturday. I drive a silver 300C SRT8 with halo headlights. Kinda hard to miss it. We're playing poker afterwards if you're interested.
Car guys are ALWAYS welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mclarengts#p/u/11/kyKJ0w-BK_c