: Puddle.

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 07:50 PM
So, in an effort to truly clean the interior of my car today, I got to polish up all of the dash and the doors nicely and I removed the floormats I had in there, as I prefer hosing them down to Vacuuming them (I will still have to vacuum the REST of the floor, but that makes that part easier)

Beneath my Passenger Side floormat there was a small, palm-sized spot of water there. That would be my Heater Core wouldn't it?

Yay, just my luck, considering I use neither the Heating nor cooling system anyhow, as I kind of get no A/C...(No A/C in a big black box in Sunny Florida)

May haps this is a sign that it's time to deal with those.

That and tomorrow's the day I get to loan out that $10,000 and hopefully get to bring my car to the windshield place. Yay, what fun.:thepan:

Stingroo
06-22-10, 07:58 PM
Just bypass the heater core until you're ready to replace it. Or try to flush it and see what happens.

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 08:11 PM
Just bypass the heater core until you're ready to replace it. Or try to flush it and see what happens.

Already figured that part out, thanks.:thumbsup:

One good thing about Publix is I get this Inventory Bonus thing on the 24th.

Cha-Ching. Even if it's directly related to sales of my department and my coworkers are directly responsible for a lot of waste that occurs by not realizing that April 2 comes BEFORE July 26, it should still be a decent-enough sum of money. Depending on how much is in my bank account by this Thursday, I shall determine what is in order for my car.

ANOTHER good thing about Publix is that my boss is going to "try to" get me those days off for the meet and though our schedules only come out two days before they go into effect, she will tell me if I have the days off or not, theoretically by Friday, as I am off the next two days, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on that.

She may have squeaky belts, a shoddy windshield seal and a few drops of water in the carpet when she gets there, but it certainly looks like my Hearse will make it.

Hahhah, I should see if there are any good junkyards in the area and try to get there a few hours early.:bigroll:

Stingroo
06-22-10, 08:15 PM
There supposedly IS a HUGE one in West Palm. Maybe you, me, and Matt and hit it up early Friday depending on when everyone arrives. :)

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 09:01 PM
There supposedly IS a HUGE one in West Palm. Maybe you, me, and Matt and hit it up early Friday depending on when everyone arrives. :)

More of a joke actually, but...

MMMMmmmm, Burgundy Leather Seats....

csbuckn
06-22-10, 09:57 PM
was it water or antifreeze?

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 10:33 PM
was it water or antifreeze?

Just water, which is what had me wondering such things. My other thought is that it could somehow have something to do with the heavy rain, somehow ending up there, either sopping through the floormat or whatnot. It just confused me as it was more beneath the dash (Not really, but I imagine the dash would have caught dripping water form that angle, but who knows, my car has never been subject to the laws of physics)

csbuckn
06-23-10, 01:36 AM
If your windshield is leaking, water is probably running down the side of the windshield, down the side of the dash and puddling. I get a huge puddle in the back passanger from heavy rains because of the vinyl top, its a shame because the mold has got so bad that I may end up selling the car(the maroon one with olds 350). The smell can be overwhelming on hot day so dont let this go, you will have to fix the leak.

77CDV
06-23-10, 02:29 AM
I had this happen in my '77 SDV. It would leak around the windshield every time it rained (or whenever I washed the car). Always seemed to puddle in the passenger foot well. Plastic sheeting became my friend.

Lovin' the idea of a j-yard run!!!! :thumbsup:

robb257731
06-23-10, 10:04 AM
I had the puddle issue on the passenger floor in my 92. It was condensation from the a/c backing up into the car.

The-Dullahan
06-23-10, 02:19 PM
That's why I asked. The Heater Core idea seemed iffy as it definitely wasn't Coolant, due to the lack of redness and the fact it certainly didn't TASTE like Antifreeze (Don't ask) it was just such a strange place for the water to be from the windshield. As for the A/C Condensation, trust me, it's not that. My A/C doesn't do anything, it's just "for show"

Tragically, I have been held up today, but once I hit Enter, I am about to call that Windshield place. I'd have much rather have dropped my car off there yesterday, even if it meant leaving it overnight and finding a way to get back home.

The-Dullahan
06-23-10, 02:47 PM
So everyone needs an appointment and are unavailable tomorrow, meaning I will have to call back after I get my schedule for next week and know what my days off are.

.....YAY.....

77CDV
06-23-10, 02:54 PM
Cars are fun.

The-Dullahan
06-23-10, 03:06 PM
Cars are fun.

Yeah, especially mine.

Whatever, I do not see any torrential rain between now and then, and if there Is, I shall use the aforementioned solution of sitting one of my Minions on the roof holding an umbrella.:lildevil:

77CDV
06-23-10, 09:51 PM
I wanna see pics at 70mph.

The-Dullahan
06-24-10, 02:13 AM
I wanna see pics at 70mph.

I meant while it was parked...

...Although sinister possibilities abound.

My car has little reason to do 70 though, only on the interstate, on the rural part of highway 27 (The local main road with a speed limit of 50 or 55, depending on where you are) and in the middle of the night. Police kind of LOOK for excuses to pull my car over, I've even met some checking it out at a parking lot who TOLD me they really wanted to stop me for something. The positive is that there is NOTHING against me on my license, in spite of how many times I have been pulled over and also that one particular officer specifically told me that Lenore scared the shit out of him.