: Hotchkis collar kit

Natedog
06-22-10, 06:51 PM
Hotchkis sent me the collar kit shown below to add to my swaybars i picked up a few years ago (since they now have these collars welded onto the front bar they sell for the CTS-V) and i was wondering if anyone else has installed them and if so, on the inside or outside of the brackets/bushings? I have no clue what the other black pieces are for...
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/Natedog03sct/collars.jpg

SkullV
06-22-10, 07:17 PM
They go on the inside of the brackets. You will have to loosen the bolts on the brackets, install the collars on the inside RIGHT next to the brackets, tighten the collars evenly, tighten the bolts on the brackets. Lollygagger has a write up on here that explains it all very well.

Natedog
06-22-10, 07:30 PM
Thx for the info.. I'll search again and see if I can track that thread down

silver02stang
06-23-10, 11:54 AM
sorry i just checked out their website for pdf instructions but didn't find any. i just installed these myself but can't really remember "for sure" where they went. I believe they are supposed to go under the sway bar and the swaybar bracket goes on top. They act as spacers to allow room for the collars. Installing these really tightened up my front suspension by removing slop that was introduced due to the sway bar shifting around. They also removed an annoying clunk I had coming from my front suspension. I was all ready to replace my control arms... I'm glad a didn't.

Natedog
06-23-10, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info guys... i have the annoying clunk now and will be putting these on tonight and will report back with hopefully the same result

PJGross
06-23-10, 10:09 PM
I have these too. No need for new/longer bolts? I am still waiting for the upgraded brackets... all you guys ordering at once cleaned them out!

-PJ