: Ran an 11.4 et at 122mph on street tires

Moparman4444
06-22-10, 03:24 PM
I was at the track last weekend and couldn't belive that the car was capable of an 11.4 at 122 on street tires with marginal traction out of the hole and slow automatic up shifting.
Major thanks to Jesse at "Wait4meperformance". He hooked the car up with a pulley, thermostat, fresh air intake and a 3" center section exhaust. The whole package was less than $2500 and its a major grin and gigle machine. There were Mustangs, Supra's, STi's and others left realing in pain because they spent more on modifications than I did on the whole car and couldn't keep up. Besides they were rediculiously loud to boot.

I'm sure the car is capable of high 10 second times with a good driver and better traction.

What a great daily driving set of wheels!!!! Why didn't Cadillac make this car years ago and why don't they make it in a 2-door, convertable with AWD? Then it would be a supercar.

concorso
06-22-10, 03:48 PM
A convertable with awd that could handle the LSA? Audi allready makes this car, at almost 3 times the price. I dont understand the attraction to awd, anyhow. Watch the review Jason Plato and Tiff Needell give the 911 Turbo cab on Fifth Gear. They say its a great driver unless you push it too the limits...it really oversteers on corner entry, and then washes wide under throttle. This from a brand that has been building awd supercars for quite a few years. Seems to me your adding alot of complexity without any gaurentee therell be major benefits. An awd system strong enough to handle the LSA will add 10g's to cost easily...

Moparman4444
06-22-10, 04:06 PM
Sorry but I disagree. I have had 800hp AWD treet cars in the past and loved them. The biggest problem was that the engines had no low end torque and the transmissions didnt stand up. But if you are looking for the ultimate 0-80mph street car for real world driving conditions the AWD is the only way to go.

Ross L
06-22-10, 04:45 PM
Man that is awesome! 122 mph is fast. You did it in a 4200lb+ lux mobile:bouncy:Congratulations! What was your 60 ft?

cbloveday
06-22-10, 05:21 PM
Jesse for President!

mugatu22
06-22-10, 06:44 PM
A I dont understand the attraction to awd, anyhow. Watch the review Jason Plato and Tiff Needell give the 911 Turbo cab on Fifth Gear.

And read the reviews on the 911 Turbo in Car & Driver, Road & Track, Top Gear, Motor Trend, etc etc...the car is amazing. AWD helps the vehicle accelerate, corner and handle better w/its torque transfer center diff. There's a reason the GTR is AWD (and is one of the finest handling & performing sports cars on the planet), as well as both Lamborghinis, the R8, the Bentley Speed, etc.

All the HP in the world doesn't help if you can't get it to the ground. AWD essentially cures that problem.

neuronbob
06-22-10, 06:54 PM
Jesse for President!

:yeah:

V&Vette
06-22-10, 07:55 PM
So true...i've seen clearly slower cars pull 0-60 times that are far superior to faster cars with poor traction.

Also have seen same cars except one modded with pure traction additions and the other pure engine mods. Every time, traction takes it.

Moparman4444
06-22-10, 07:56 PM
The 60ft time was 1.73

Other times were between 1.7 and 2.2 depending on how the car was launched.

The 1.7 time was with trac- control ON for the first 1-2 seconds then it was turned off because it drains power. I still wish I could launch at 2000 RPM to get the engine to spool up quicker. If I can figure that out then Im sure this car could dip into the 10 sec range at @125-126.

Still for a 4500lb pig this car moves! I guess Pigs do have wings!

TMC CL65
06-22-10, 08:31 PM
Moparman4444:

I have a few questions for you:

What type of tires are you running?

What type of pulley?

What did your car do on the dyno (what type of dyno)?

What track did you run on and what were the temps?

Thanks!

Tom

baabootoo
06-23-10, 12:28 AM
No tune either or did I miss it?

gnxs
06-23-10, 10:14 AM
Nice run. A 1.73 60 ft. is definitely getting it done on street radials. :thumbsup:

Jesse is the man when it comes to getting these cars to run. I can't wait until the weather cools down a bit to get back to the track to see the results from a few additional tweaks he did.

TMC CL65
06-23-10, 07:38 PM
Did we scare away the newbie??? :canttalk:

Tom

Gary Wells
06-23-10, 08:01 PM
Yes, you guys asked way too many questions.

CVP33
06-23-10, 08:34 PM
Wow, that is an incredible time.

Moparman4444
06-24-10, 10:34 AM
No Tom you didn't scare the nubie away! Some of us have to work you know.
Any way to answer your questions
I was running stock P2 tries and it was a beautiful 78 degrees out

I think the pulley is a 2" on top and a larger 9" crank pulley. Call Jessee for exact info.

I have never taken the car to the dyno but I would like to some time. I suspect that the car is making between 650 and 700hp

From the way the car ran, Im sure that there are better times left in there with a better driver, traction, and shifting. I going to keep going untill I break into the 10's.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to launch the car with the stock tires, and is there a way to increase the boost? Im not afraid to add some racing fuel to get it done.

BTW I am posting the time slips for that day.

TMC CL65
06-24-10, 11:01 AM
No Tom you didn't scare the nubie away! Some of us have to work you know.
Any way to answer your questions
I was running stock P2 tries and it was a beautiful 78 degrees out

I think the pulley is a 2" on top and a larger 9" crank pulley. Call Jessee for exact info.

I have never taken the car to the dyno but I would like to some time. I suspect that the car is making between 650 and 700hp

From the way the car ran, Im sure that there are better times left in there with a better driver, traction, and shifting. I going to keep going untill I break into the 10's.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to launch the car with the stock tires, and is there a way to increase the boost? Im not afraid to add some racing fuel to get it done.

BTW I am posting the time slips for that day.

You ran a 1.713 60' on the stock PS2's....everyone should be asking you how to launch a CTS-V! That is especially amazing since it sounds like you are sporting both the SC pulley and the 9" crank pulley. Harnessing all that torque is not the easiest thing to do with stock rubber. :thumbsup:

Tom

GMX322V S/C
06-24-10, 11:49 AM
...Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to launch the car with the stock tires, and is there a way to increase the boost? Im not afraid to add some racing fuel to get it done...I see you used the TC-only-at-launch trick. I believe Jesse/wait4me said he could tune the ECM/TCM/TC systems in such a way they would effectively work like a psuedo launch control and give you perfect and consistent launches for the prevailing conditions.

More boost might not be your answer--you may just need more efficient flow through the engine; porting, cam, headers, etc.

Did you drop your rear tire pressure and raise the front?

Moparman4444
06-24-10, 12:35 PM
I didn't touch the tire pressure. The front and rears were all between 31-32psi. I thought that with radial tires you wanted to stick with stock pressures.

Razorecko
06-24-10, 12:46 PM
Sorry but I disagree. I have had 800hp AWD treet cars in the past and loved them. The biggest problem was that the engines had no low end torque and the transmissions didnt stand up. But if you are looking for the ultimate 0-80mph street car for real world driving conditions the AWD is the only way to go.

ahh but you are incorrect. The B5 S4 is awd/twin turbo and has gobs of torque in the low end. Especially modified.

TMC CL65
06-24-10, 01:42 PM
I can see if he is talking about modded Evo's and WRX's where they are torqueless wonders under 5K RPM....but hold on for dear life when those turbos spool.....:eek:

But you are right.... B5 S4's can pack quite the punch. :thumbsup:

Tom

gnxs
06-24-10, 02:58 PM
Moparmann,

That timeslip looks like it's from Great Lakes Dragaway near me. All the more impressive 60 ft. considering where you ran. I had to look up the weather for the weekend before Father's Day since it's been so hot around here, but it looks like the temps were pretty good that weekend. DA's below 1200' at times during the day.

Like TMC CL65 said, there's only one guy here that claims to have bested your 1.71 60 ft. (with a 1.69), so we should probably emulate your technique. Like I said in an earlier post, a 1.71 60 is kick-ass. I can't see getting much better than that on real street tires.

What color is your car? Wondering if I've seen you around here.

Moparman4444
06-25-10, 11:54 AM
GNSX

I am on the west side of Milwaukee. nI don't think that I have ever seen another V on the road in the last 6 months by me. I am also suprised that a 1.69 is the best 60 ft time. I just feels like there is another .5 sec reduction in this car some where with what I have.

You should note that I was running on the minimum tune that Jesse sent me not the maximum performance tune. I have now made the upgrade but don't feel any differance on the street. maybe it will show up at the track.

I wonder if taking out the spare tire and the passangers seat woul yield any improvements? I could loose weight! Na, forget that Idea! Its funny how people will spend money on lighter parts for their car before loosing weight.

Like I said earlier my car with me and fuel was @4600lbs.

concorso
07-01-10, 07:56 PM
And read the reviews on the 911 Turbo in Car & Driver, Road & Track, Top Gear, Motor Trend, etc etc...the car is amazing. AWD helps the vehicle accelerate, corner and handle better w/its torque transfer center diff. There's a reason the GTR is AWD (and is one of the finest handling & performing sports cars on the planet), as well as both Lamborghinis, the R8, the Bentley Speed, etc.

All the HP in the world doesn't help if you can't get it to the ground. AWD essentially cures that problem.Im not denying the 911 Turbo is amazing. Porsche always use rwd on their hot models (GT3,GT2, Carrera GT) and even Lamborghini used rwd when built the Balboni in honor of their test driver. Compare the test reviews of the Balboni vs the LP560-4. The always speak of the 4 being able to put its power down easier and sooner, but say the Balboni is sharper and more responsive. By the way, Ive had a couple rides in Steve Millens GTR with the man himself driving, Im familiar with how well they handle.
I just wouldnt want an extra couple hundred lbs in the front end. If anything Id want less weight. The steering feel in the V is an often overlooked skill.

concorso
07-01-10, 08:09 PM
I can agree that 0-80 is best served on awd. The question is, would the awd sell well enough to warrant all the extra testing and certification costs...millions of dollars worth (crash safety, emissions, etc)? The V is allready low volume and they would be foolish to get rid of the rwd option, so offering both would be the only choice...
Does GM even have a viable awd system to handle an LSA...
It seems to me awd would hurt mileage and weight (Id guess at least 400 lbs), which would hurt handling in certain aspects. Plus the cost would increase by 10k easily. Im sure it can be a great drivers car

In the perfect world, Cadillac would offer many different flavors of all their models. I just dont see it being worth it in this case...