: Just bought a -V- couple questions

Lookin4aV
06-22-10, 04:09 PM
Well needless to say I'm very happy with the car thus far. I just picked it up Saturday.

Silver
47,000 miles

I had 2 years ago a 2000 Z28 with cam, longtubes, gears...436/394 to the wheels. I may or may not want to go the cam route, but I know I want to get into toying with the car.

I know the rears, and wheel hop are a point of concern with the vehicle. A new set of axles will be ordered.

I clutch is wayyyy too soft. Many may like that, but I like a slightly firmer clutch. Any recommendations?

What fluids should I use in the car???

What other options do I have with the car as well. What is a good shifter as well?

Thanks Chris.

P.S. The car will be a daily driver 20,000 miles a year, and maybe MINIMAL 1/4 mile.

cvettr/cts-v
06-22-10, 05:47 PM
Welcome and congrats. Shifter is a must but which one is preference but alot have had good things to say of Pissnuoff's modded stock on it is certainly the cheapest but bushings should be considered a must have from luke at lindsay cadillac also. I went with the uuc shifter and uuc leather wrapped knob. It is the most expensive option in the shifter catagory but I don't regret it at all.

PISNUOFF
06-23-10, 08:59 AM
I run Amsoil fluids in my car. High Zinc AMO oil, Torquedrive ATF, sever gear gear lube. I also run Redline power steering fluid and Motul 600 for the brakes and clutch. Can't help too much on the clutch stiffness. I went to an LS7 clutch and pressure plate and the pedal is just about the same as stock.

I sell a modded stock shifter that has the shortest throw out of the aftermarket ones and there is no noise transmitted into the cabin through my shifter. I also keep the UUC bushings in stock.