: Battery Tray

JoCan
06-22-10, 12:44 PM
The battery tray in my 95 fleetwood rusted away to nothing. Cadillac does not carry the part but gave me a part number (10109535), still no luck. Any suggestions?

Stingroo
06-22-10, 12:53 PM
Is it really rusted all the way through? The one on my Caprice I thought looked like shit too until I took a dremel to it and it cleaned up pretty well.

My advice is to check your local scrap yards honestly, or send a PM to TheFleetwoodGuy on here. He may have a couple.

outsider
06-22-10, 12:58 PM
TheFleetwoodGuy is the man. Buy from him whenever you can.

HUF
06-22-10, 01:45 PM
The battery tray in my 95 fleetwood rusted away to nothing. Cadillac does not carry the part but gave me a part number (10109535), still no luck. Any suggestions?
ACDelco had some leaky batteries at the time. The same story with my tray and the wheel housing. I removed whatever was a tray before, brush-wired the wheel housing and radiator support, covered everything with black paint, patched up the hole in teh wheel housing with a piece of zinc coated air duct and found a way to secure the battery. Everything looks nice and solid after 10 months.
You can buy a plastic battery tray from Advance if the wheel housing is fine (I doubt that though).

outsider
06-22-10, 02:57 PM
You can also probably get by with some fiberglassing if you can't find a suitable replacement.

thefleetwoodguy
06-22-10, 05:11 PM
I may have a good one if interested Jim

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 05:46 PM
I may have a good one if interested Jim

Wherever there is a Fleetwood in need,
From mountain top to barren valley,
The Fleetwood Guy will be there.

N0DIH
06-23-10, 02:34 AM
Will a Caprice or Roadmaster tray work?