: Sts V6 Epa 17 / 24?????

rayainsw
08-31-04, 07:06 AM
Well, looking at the pictures of the V6 STS w/Aluminum trim on eBay - mentioned in another thread – I am immediately struck by the EPA rating of 17 / 24.

For the V6.

Car and Driver and Road and Track both reported (mfr. Est.) EPA 17 / 26 for the V8!!

Has anyone seen a window sticker for a V8? What’s the bad news?

Thanks,
- Ray
Disappointed . . .

b4z
08-31-04, 07:37 AM
Ray,

You noticed the window sticker EPA number too.
Frankly, it makes no sense.
The V6 STS weighs only about 150 lbs more than the CTS and the CTS
is rated at 26 or 28 mpg hwy.
The SRX is rated at 23 mpg and it has a 3.73 rear gear and is a high profile vehicle.
I was expecting 26 mpg for the V6 STS.
I can only guess that when the car is actually tested by the EPA the number will go up.
24 mpg is messed up.

gothicaleigh
08-31-04, 09:10 AM
They STS uses different gear ratios than the CTS. That is how the heavier car can post similar performance numbers. Between that and the added weight (yes, it is relatively small, but every bit effects the EPA) the estimated mileage seems about right.

The STS will never have the same mpg as a CTS with the same engine.

b4z
08-31-04, 12:01 PM
gothicaleigh,

Nope. V6 STS and CTS have the same gear ratios.

rayainsw
09-02-04, 04:09 PM
So -
Has anyone seen a window sticker on a V8 STS yet?
I know some dealers have started to receive them.
I really am curious about the final, official EPA estimates for the V8 . . .
Thanks,
- Ray
Just told by a dealer (without any STSs on the lot yet) that it is 17 / 26 . . .

majax
09-04-04, 10:32 PM
The 320NorthstarVVT gets 17/26mpg according to CarandDriver. So aparantly the V6 saves no fuel why get it, only cause its cheaper I guess. Kinda defeats the point of having a smaller engine

majax
09-04-04, 10:34 PM
:bighead: :annoyed: oops sorry I reapeted the original post in this thread :rolleyes2.

sorry :thumbsup:

rayainsw
09-12-04, 03:26 PM
Since I do not recall seeing a reply to this:

I saw my first V8 this PM - at my local dealer.
The Sticker shows 17 / 26.

- Ray
Moderately impressed with the 26 . . .

b4z
09-17-04, 08:24 PM
I was back at my dealer today having the oil changed in the SRX and watched 2 '05 STSs arrive by transporter.
Both were silver. 1 was a V8 with a 50K sticker and no sunroof.
The other was a V6 with the 1SB package. It was about $43,XXX.
It had the silver on the center stack and console. The silver was more subdued in person than the pics I have seen. It didn't look bad at all.

Anyway, the HWY mileage is 24mpg like all the other posts have said.

This just doesn't make sense.

I think we should call Cadillac and find out why this is. I think it is a mistake.
Maybe one of the mods who have industry contacts can check into it.

dunroven
10-28-04, 08:00 PM
Anybody know what the epa is on the v-8 1SF package? Since the rearend is 3.23 rather than the 2.73 in the 1SE it would seem to be lower than the 26 highway shown. Sidebar - I noticed a gas guzzler tax on the AWD 1SG rig so there must be other lower figures for the V-8 published somewhere.

-john