: Blk CTS-V on Taconic Pkwy yesterday?

Gotham CTS-V
06-22-10, 08:50 AM
I was in the loud black GT-R. It was fun trying to get some clean runs in with you. Sorry I had to get off the exit. I'm a former CTS-V owner so I wanted to try and chat with you but the exit was there and I was in a hurry.

:thumbsup:

M5DriverNY
06-22-10, 09:46 AM
I was in the loud black GT-R. It was fun trying to get some clean runs in with you. Sorry I had to get off the exit. I'm a former CTS-V owner so I wanted to try and chat with you but the exit was there and I was in a hurry.

:thumbsup:

Must have been ME I Was on the Taconic yesterday

Gotham CTS-V
06-22-10, 11:18 AM
Must have been ME I Was on the Taconic yesterday

Hah! I had to get off at the Mahopac exit but I spotted your car and caught up to you and tried to get close to chat but the exit came up quick and I had to bounce. Anyway, nice to unofficialy meet you lol!

OKC_CTSV
06-22-10, 01:25 PM
Gotham, I've been contemplating the new v coupe or a slightly used GT-R. How does the CTS-V compare to the GT-R since you've now owned both vehicles? Thanks for the input!

Gotham CTS-V
06-22-10, 01:44 PM
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

The CTS-V is more of a muscle car that can handle the turns fine but also has the luxuries and class that a Cadillac should have. It has instant power as soon as you hit the gas and the ride is as smooth and compliant as any European luxury saloon, yet throw it into a turn and you're left looking like this :eek:

The GT-R is a whole different animal. It is a killing machine. I mean, it was just created to be the best performing car for the money and believe me, that is exactly what it does. The transmission, the suspension, the awd system, and the twin turbo V6 all mate up perfectly to provide you with the ultimate street car. It's a car that doesn't really give you a sensation of speed. The other day I took my friend out for a ride and after doing a few 140mph runs, we then just cruised around. He was like "wow nice and comfortable" and I said "look at the speed" we were doing 110mph which felt like 60. Just like the Terminator, not only is it a killing machine, but it makes you feel half cyborg half man. The car basically defies physics. You can almost do whatever you want on the road. It's crazy the amount of control you have over this car (or rather, the amount of control the car has over you lol). It's completely different than a Corvette Z06 or similiar. It uses it's technology to win. Something suprising is that it's not bad to live with on a daily basis. Trunk room is ample, the audio and bluetooth work great (but the Cadillac's was MUCH cooler and nicer), seats are comfy, and suspension set on comfort mode is pretty good compared to the other sport cars I've owned and driven.

Very different cars which are both the best at what they do. You have to take a test drive.