: New free maint program starts with 2011 models

khoeysr
06-22-10, 08:41 AM
DETROIT – Cadillac announced today it will provide owners of all 2011 models with frequently required maintenance services for the first four years or 50,000 miles as it seeks to build the best customer service experience in the luxury segment.

The program, called Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance, covers scheduled oil changes, tire rotations, replacement of engine and cabin air filters and a multi-point vehicle inspection.

“Cadillac is adding Premium Care Maintenance as a way to extend customer service beyond the sale,” said Kurt McNeil, vice president of Cadillac sales and service. “The program is designed to raise satisfaction for owners by ensuring access to expert service. It should lead to higher loyalty rates for dealers by establishing them as a valued resource for our customers.”

Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance launches with the arrival of the 2011 model Cadillacs. The CTS family, which is being expanded this year to include the all-new CTS Coupe, will be the first of the 2011 models to arrive at U.S. dealerships in late summer.

Premium Care Maintenance is the latest in a host of Cadillac initiatives that elevate the luxury ownership experience. It joins other Cadillac customer service and ownership benefits including:

Five-year, 100,000-mile Powertrain warranty along with standard 24/7 Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation.
Four-year, 50,000-mile vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage.
Standard one-year OnStar Directions and Connections plan, which includes Automatic Crash Response, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Vehicle Diagnostics and Stolen Vehicle Assistance.
Standard XM Radio with a three month trial.
In 2009, Cadillac placed second in the industry in both the Sales Satisfaction Index and Customer Satisfaction Index studies from J.D. Power & Associates. A survey by AutoPacific of 2010 new vehicle buyers rated Cadillac No. 1 in total satisfaction.

“Cadillac rates among the industry’s best in customer satisfaction, but we have room for improvement,” McNeil said. “Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance is another step in our goal to set the standard for the industry in customer service.”

One plus for the V Coupe.

baabootoo
06-22-10, 12:26 PM
Yeah, nice. Maybe they'll make it retroactive??????????? :)

RemoWilliams
06-22-10, 12:51 PM
Yeah, nice. Maybe they'll make it retroactive??????????? :)

It think they should make it retroactive. However, I bet they won't:mad:.

JFJr
06-22-10, 12:52 PM
Yeah, nice. Maybe they'll make it retroactive??????????? :)Doubt that. It will probably be included/added in the car price ala BMW.

dcwjd
06-22-10, 02:30 PM
Will they also offer free loaners to go along with the free maintenance ala BMW?

CIWS
06-22-10, 02:31 PM
Also with that program the oil changes are based upon your OLS, oil life service monitor, so if you're someone who wants to change their oil every 3000-5000 miles but the OLS monitor says there's still time left then it will be your nickel to do it before then.

Tire rotations are every 7500 miles. Filters changes are based on the mileage of the Service schedule.

AP24LA
06-22-10, 02:43 PM
Doesn't BMW cover brakes as well? I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere when I was at a dealership recently.

CIWS
06-22-10, 02:45 PM
So how many miles have you guys been seeing, based on the Oil Life Service monitor, before it says it's time to change ? On the STS-V I could go 12-14,000 before OLS reaches its limit.

Torxila
06-22-10, 05:13 PM
Doesn't BMW cover brakes as well? I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere when I was at a dealership recently.

Yep, brakes, rotors, brake flushes, all sorts of poop, but make no mistake there's a few K$$$ built into the Bimmer brand for this. I'm sure Caddy will have price adjustments as well. Good marketing for non "car" guys though.

George

rgp6373
06-22-10, 07:07 PM
i live in canada and my 2009 cts-v has free maintanence already when the osl goes below 20% free oil change

mugatu22
06-23-10, 04:02 AM
Yep, brakes, rotors, brake flushes, all sorts of poop, but make no mistake there's a few K$$$ built into the Bimmer brand for this. I'm sure Caddy will have price adjustments as well. Good marketing for non "car" guys though.

George

Many seem to insist that the maintenance is 'built into the price.' I find this fascinating, and wishful thinking coming from other brands. As the owner of several BMWs past & present, the maintenance program is 1) excellent and has always been a bonus selling point over Cadillac, and 2) that 'extra few K$$$' is paying for the overall car itself. The maintenance is indeed free b/c almost all BMW owners would buy the car w/or without the maintenance program at the exact same sticker price. I certainly would have. It's like the icing on a very high end cake.

Having said all that, it's nice to see Cadillac finally stepping up and offering what their competitors offer.

Now all GM needs to do is work on the interior quality, clicking wheels & paint quality issues...:helpless:

MReiland
06-23-10, 06:22 AM
Many seem to insist that the maintenance is 'built into the price.' I find this fascinating, and wishful thinking coming from other brands. As the owner of several BMWs past & present, the maintenance program is 1) excellent and has always been a bonus selling point over Cadillac, and 2) that 'extra few K$$$' is paying for the overall car itself. The maintenance is indeed free b/c almost all BMW owners would buy the car w/or without the maintenance program at the exact same sticker price. I certainly would have. It's like the icing on a very high end cake.

Having said all that, it's nice to see Cadillac finally stepping up and offering what their competitors offer.

Now all GM needs to do is work on the interior quality, clicking wheels & paint quality issues...:helpless:

Clicking wheels should be a thing of the past, new part#'s released for the front wheels with a different interface to the rotor should eliminate the problem. Interior quality, other than the obsidian black trim not sure what else is an interior problem and lastly paint, some have reported some paint issues, many have not. For front end chips, sounds like a clear bra is the way to go.

CIWS
06-23-10, 07:39 AM
For front end chips, sounds like a clear bra is the way to go.

If you care about the finish, some form of paint protection film is a must. The only difference with the V2 seems to be some needs to be applied near the wheels too vs just the front end. I had it put on the STS-V when it was new and can say that there is no chips on the front end of the car in almost 3 years and it's a D.D. with 38K+ miles on it.

whisler151
06-23-10, 08:13 AM
Will they also offer free loaners to go along with the free maintenance ala BMW?

My dealership has always given me a Cadillac loaner when my car is in for service. They have even offered me a loaner if there was a long wait for a car wash. :thumbsup:

shade
06-23-10, 12:12 PM
Clicking wheels should be a thing of the past, new part#'s released for the front wheels with a different interface to the rotor should eliminate the problem. Interior quality, other than the obsidian black trim not sure what else is an interior problem and lastly paint, some have reported some paint issues, many have not. For front end chips, sounds like a clear bra is the way to go.

I can attest to interior issues -
Rattling like crazy

1 door panel will be replaced because the dealership couldnt find the rattle
Passenger door panel rattles and dealer foam taped
Passenger panel is now beginning to rattle. Also creaks when you push it like the dash console. When you push it gently it creakes
Rear panel by the speakers rattles like mad

So far been to the dealer 2 times for rattles
Twice for A/C
1 for rear driver door would not unlock. They had to bend the rod per GM to make it work, dealer said it was a known issue.

With all due respect I love the car but I thought issues like this would not be present in GM's top of the line brand.

I also bought a new Tahoe. Vehicle is quiet as a mouse.

mugatu22
06-24-10, 12:23 AM
Until GM acknowledges these issues, they'll continue...in their flagship car, no less. The Z06 and ZR1 are no better with the interior creaks, moans and cheapness. For some reason GM & the owner fanboys go eerily silent when these issues are brought forth :hide:

That aside I love the V powertrain. Put that engine in an M3 and I'd buy 2 of them.

JFJr
06-24-10, 07:06 AM
Until GM acknowledges these issues, they'll continue...in their flagship car, no less. The Z06 and ZR1 are no better with the interior creaks, moans and cheapness. For some reason GM & the owner fanboys go eerily silent when these issues are brought forth :hide:

That aside I love the V powertrain. Put that engine in an M3 and I'd buy 2 of them.The last time that I checked, this was a forum devoted to the 2009 and later CTS-V, so one might expect those that are fortunate enough to own one of these cars to appreciate it for what it is and the engineering skill used to produce such a world class high performance sports sedan. Calling other forum members "fanboys" because of that only highlights your bias and immaturity. We're all car guys here and realize that no car is perfect, even BMW's.

MReiland
06-24-10, 08:01 AM
Until GM acknowledges these issues, they'll continue...in their flagship car, no less.
Acknowledging an issue and designing the proper fix are 2 different entirely different things. You can't snap your fingers and have a magic solution if it requires a part to be redesigned, kind of like the wheel clicking issue. My understanding is that they had a fix, it appeared to work in the testing, people here and at the dealers were reporting that the fix didn't hold up and requried to be re-done so the engineers came up with a new surface finish on the wheel mating surface to correct the problem. Constantly saying the V is a piece of garbage in nearly every one of your posts is just plain wrong, it's not. If you hate the V but love BMW, go on the BMW forums and badmouth Cadillac over there, you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try. Call me a fanboy or whatever you want, I would take the V in a heartbeat over its competition, and I continue to help owners 1 at a time on this board trying to get their issues resolved, which at least should make me a 'super-fanboy' :histeric: