: My 6.0 4bbl and it's new found 14mpg's. wahoo.

The_Mortician
08-31-04, 05:44 AM
I'd noticed it seemed my gas mileage was really sucking like to the tune of 10-12 mpg on my 81 6.0 Hearse. I remembered it being better when I first bought it, granted 4 years and 60,000 miles have passed, but still. I took a 500 mile trip and on this trip I noticed my trip-odometer didn't match the road mile markers. I've been losing at least .1ish miles per mile, probably ever since I switched to 235/75/15 It just took me this long to notice. But on top of that I found a cracked hose that went from the carb to the charcoal can. I replaced it and low and behold better power up hills and when accelerating at highway speeds. so after some adjusted milage numbers I did the math and my 5000lbs. box got 14mpg city/highway. Not too shabby.

TorqueInc
09-06-04, 12:05 AM
if you really want to make it run better put an dual plane intake from a 500 or a 472 on it.
bolts right on and makes more difference that you would think.
seem to help mileage as well.

The_Mortician
09-07-04, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the advice. Since those manifolds bolt right up would the edelbrock performer with maybe a little "persuasion". I love the engine and don't intend to replace it until it dies, which I think is still at least 150,000 miles away. It would be nice to outfit with the best parts then possibly switch them to a new 500 when the 368 kicks the bucket.

TorqueInc
09-07-04, 05:51 PM
This was just a suggestion that i know for a fact works and its pretty cheap.
Could get a manifold for maybe $25-$50 and just bolt it on having to do nothing but clean it up and paint it.
the edelbrock will do nothing but look shiney for your application and wont line up as well.
the rpm range youll be running it in wont even touch the benfits of the edelbrock.