: Highly curious (hubcaps fit on my Caddy?)

JamesC
06-21-10, 09:56 PM
Ever since I saw "License To Drive" when younger I have highly liked the 1972 Cadillac, I know some don't, but I do. Anyway... would these hubcaps ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/71-72-Cadillac-Deville-Hubcaps-Wheel-Covers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cae51698eQQitemZ26062 2608782QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries ) fit on my 1987 Cadillac?

It might look funny on my Caddy, but I was just curious.

sven914
06-21-10, 09:59 PM
Yes those will fit your factory rims. You have play with them a little; bend the clips in or out to get them to stay on, but once you have them on right, they won't come off.

Stingroo
06-21-10, 09:59 PM
Hey James. :) Long time no see!

JamesC
06-21-10, 10:06 PM
Yes those will fit your factory rims. You have play with them a little; bend the clips in or out to get them to stay on, but once you have them on right, they won't come off.

Oh yeah? Ha, cool and I understand. Thanks for the lil' bit of info.

Hey James. :) Long time no see!

Well hiya! Yeah I have been quiet lately and been more lurkin' about the forum and readin', ha.

Stingroo
06-21-10, 10:11 PM
In the shadows... James lurks.

:p

JamesC
06-21-10, 10:38 PM
In the shadows... James lurks. :p

Waitin' n' a hidin' as he smirks,
Readin' all Caddy joys and woes
Seekin' knowledge of all them pros!

Vroom-vroom his Caddy does roar,
Look! Watch 'em Merlettes soar!
And back to shadows he goes;
Taillights glarin' is all that shows!

Haha sorry... EXTREMELY corny I know, but it just came to me right after I read your comment, ha.

Stingroo
06-21-10, 10:44 PM
LOL Too much time on your hands my friend. :p

JamesC
06-21-10, 10:47 PM
Kinda sorta, buuut... I do like writing poems and stories, so that's probably why it came to me, ha.

Stingroo
06-21-10, 10:58 PM
It's all good. :) I have too much time on my hands though. :( I want to go back to school. Hurry up and end. Stupid summer.

The-Dullahan
06-21-10, 11:30 PM
I want to go back to school. Hurry up and end. Stupid summer.

Sting's a good kid. Seriously, how many say THAT?

I can agree with that last part. Summers in Florida suck, you can't go outside during the day, especially not in parking lots, because all that reflective surface makes for enough light to blindly stagger me across the asphalt trying to determine which blurry thing is my car. Thank The Gods it's usually the only "big, black thing".

welcome back, James.

77CDV
06-22-10, 12:06 AM
They will indeed fit the factory rims. I had them on my first '77, and they stayed on better than the correct '77 covers.

The-Dullahan
06-22-10, 01:41 PM
If you go through with it, be sure to get us a photo. I think they'd look nifty.

JamesC
06-22-10, 08:43 PM
Hiya Dullahan, been awhile yes, but thanks for the 'welcome back'.

As for going through with it, I'll give it some more thought, maybe wait a day to see if there will be any bids and then go for it. Although I'm trying to save up at the moment for a vacation in mid July.

If I do, I'll surely get some photos.

Stingroo
06-22-10, 11:08 PM
A vacation weekend to Florida perhaps? :D

JamesC
06-23-10, 12:06 AM
A vacation weekend to Florida perhaps? :D

Heheh, nah it isn't, sorry. It's to Colorado Springs with my parents and a friend.

The-Dullahan
06-23-10, 05:37 PM
Heheh, nah it isn't, sorry. It's to Colorado Springs with my parents and a friend.

In Colorado, I assume (Not Necessarily, since America tends to name places within itself after OTHER places within itself)

All those Hearse goons out in Colorado just did Hearsecon and wanted me to go. I told them I couldn't, but if they felt like coming to FL in July, they'd see some nice Cadillacs. A woman at the Gas Station asked me if I saw all the Hearses in "California" (but she meant Colorado) on the news (guess they made the news again) and I told her that though I didn't, I knew quite a number of them.

The News should so a report on Matt and Sting's get-together, because it is important and nothing else is happening in FL anyhow besides some lame Harry Potter thing and an oil spill. If they can do a report on that 90-whatever-year-olde lady driving the 1979 Cadillac, aren't we just as interesting?:bouncy: