: Coolant Change Question

Corvette Ed
06-21-10, 07:18 PM
My 2004 XLR has 25K miles on it and I guess I should change the coolant. Is this a big job and what is involved. Also I know on other Caddys they reconmend the coolant tablets. Should you use the tablets in the XLR coolant system?

alarmu
06-30-10, 04:53 PM
I am surprised that no one with any expert knowledge has answered your question. I am no authority on your topic, but on all of my previous cadillacs with northstars, i have had to add the tablets. I would assume that they would do no harm and are probably needed. Bob

jude_s1
08-03-10, 02:05 AM
I own a 2005, and just had it done at Cadillac, no pellets although they won,t hurt. that's what i was told.I had the same question? being a Cadillac owner my hole life. Some of the first 4100 needed pellets and more:drool:

^Tom^
08-25-10, 07:20 PM
My 2004 XLR has 25K miles on it and I guess I should change the coolant. Is this a big job and what is involved. Also I know on other Caddys they reconmend the coolant tablets. Should you use the tablets in the XLR coolant system?

Hi

I coudn't find any information in the 2004 service-manual for tablets or the lower hose procedure for tablets.
But; You should change the coolant earlier (5 years max.).
And: Use Dex-Cool only for 5 years interval.

Tom