: Help! I need a GM contact

paperchase4life
06-21-10, 11:32 AM
Long story short, the salesman I bought my EXT from sent me a racist email out of the blue for no reason. Email trail shows it circulated some at this dealership before landing in my bucket. I sent copies to GM and Cadillac. It appears that GM outsources their customer service to an overseas company. I was basically told there is nothing they can do as the dealership is owned independently here in Colorado Springs. I don't think I ever spoke with anyone from the usa. I got a lame phone call from the sales manager at the dealership apologizing in one breath and doubting it happened in the next breath because they could not find the email on his computer. I'm extremely pissed off now and want this brought to the CEO attention, but can't find any good mailing addresses of anybody with any pull in the food chain at GM. I want them to know, independent or not, this dealership represents their brand and they should step in and correct this.

Anybody got any info? Thanks in advance

PeteKT
06-21-10, 04:54 PM
an email address can be spoofed to show it was sent from anyone, your better off just ignoring it then trying to get anywhere with it, noones gonna care enough to see where it came from or waste there time to cause a problem worth there time.

PreachRR
06-22-10, 11:10 AM
Have you spoken face to face with the owner of the dealer ship he/she might offer you some satisfaction.. I believe there was a satisfaction number for GM.. if you had any problems with GM dealers.. I wasn't able to locate it but if you call a dealership other than the one you are in complaint of.. they might be able to assist you.. Good luck!

TSS
06-22-10, 11:17 AM
an email address can be spoofed to show it was sent from anyone,

Absolutely true. I see it all time. I have even "sent myself" some nasty emails. Figure that one out......

PeteKT
06-22-10, 01:09 PM
I own a web development company, we see it all the time, its very easy to do, and if you have spyware on your computer, they will read past emails you have recieved and spoof it to look like its from a friend.

SouthernCaddy
06-22-10, 07:04 PM
yea get over it, every body screams race all the time. Screw it and move on.....hell 90% of the escalades down here are driven by blacks. I get ribbed all the time about driving mine and me being white. I just tell them why cant I have a "brother ride" ?

Dont let crap bother you. Enjoy your truck and ride on!!

paperchase4life
06-22-10, 11:58 PM
Have you spoken face to face with the owner of the dealer ship he/she might offer you some satisfaction.. I believe there was a satisfaction number for GM.. if you had any problems with GM dealers.. I wasn't able to locate it but if you call a dealership other than the one you are in complaint of.. they might be able to assist you.. Good luck!

That's not the case here. There is not a lot of Blacks and Cadillacs where I live and this dealership has a track record of screwing people of color.

Racism is very real here. Far as the spoofing goes, I also work in IT (15 years)... this was not spoofed. He was forwarding it to friends and his wife. It was forward to me by mistake because my last name is the same as someone he knows. The biggest issue I have with the whole thing is the sales manager tried to make it seem like I was making false claims. If they apologized without the "BUT", I would have moved on.

I'm a disabled vet who fought for this country.. put my life on the line for fools like this. I didn't allow this crap in my unit and not going to "let it go" in life. This is the only Cadillac dealership within 150 miles. I can see myself getting with this guy while I'm waiting to get my oil changed, so I would rather have something done the right way instead of going to prison.

I understand how some of you don't let stuff like this bother you, but everyone has to deal with stuff their own way. I'm just asking if anyone has an contact other than the regular customer complaint line.. that's all. I just want to make sure the right people know about this one dealership... then I will move on.

Doing nothing is what allows racisim to continue to flourish.

Thanks.

North49
06-23-10, 01:50 AM
Call the customer service line listed on the GM website. It is a 1-800 number. They will refer you to a Cadillac customer service agent as they have the special CS agents for us.

I have found them to be very helpful with setting dealerships on a forward path when problems have popped up. Worth a shot as it gets logged into the GM system and Racism is not treated lightly. They always follow up and may even give you a case number and a place to forward your email.

07Lambert
06-24-10, 12:46 AM
i'm not sure if this helps but i noticed this guy here on the forums who claims to be a customer service rep for Cadillac http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=105125

Rolex
06-24-10, 02:38 PM
i'm not sure if this helps but i noticed this guy here on the forums who claims to be a customer service rep for Cadillac http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=105125

He's completely legit. Cadillac is listening to owner's concerns and complaints here. That's a good thing IMO.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-24-10, 04:02 PM
For situations like this, it would be better to direct message me rather than calling the 800#. If you could contact me via private message I will provide you with an email where you can forward the original e-mail and your contact information. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service