: 1968 Cadillac Deville Convertible Headers, 472Engine

LiQuid Explosion
06-21-10, 05:31 AM
Hey Guys, new to this site. I am having trouble finding Headers that will fit my 68 Deville Convert with a 472. I have a pair of Block Hugger Headers and they hit the massive Convertible frame. I have the entire car apart for restoration, new engine and Trans rebuild, the works and I want to do the engine bay right with some good headers.

Anybody out there have any luck?

Thanks

JiipeeH
06-22-10, 04:14 AM
Places like flashcraft(cad500parts) and MTS offers mid length drop fit headers:

http://cad500parts.com/catalog/page032.htm

http://www.mtscadparts.net/servlet/the-Exhaust/Categories

LiQuid Explosion
06-22-10, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have bought many o part from MTS. I am hoping someone confirms that they put headers on a 68 Deville Convertible and not a hard top. I already got suckered into some Block Hugger Headers and they hit the frame. I am in Iraq for another 10 months so, hopefully someone can confirm it by the time I get home. I dont want to waste anymore money. Esp if I get an already ceramic coated set and it needs to be dimpled to fit.

LvVein
07-17-10, 12:32 PM
curious about this myself since I too am undergoing a similar project on a 69 convertible. What headers did you use first? Sanderson?

LiQuid Explosion
07-17-10, 11:34 PM
You are correct sandersons did not fit on the left side I believe. The convertibles frame is big. I talked to MTS and they say theirs will fit but, you probably have to bend the one side in so they dont rattle on the frame. Then again you might not. This means youll have to get un coated, temp install headers, drop, remove header to be coated, install and re drop. Stay tuned I am in Iraq now so its hard to get things going. I got a friend looking for some stainless steel ones that will fit. Ill keep you posted asap.

YourMainParadox
07-31-10, 09:18 AM
What are you going to do with the other set of headers you got?

LiQuid Explosion
08-04-10, 05:53 AM
Hello, I was going to put them on Craigs List and Ebay. I am currently in Iraq but, I can get them to you if your interested. Saves my Girl the trouble. They are in perfect condition, uncoated, not used and I still have the box. I only mocked them up to see if the engine would fit in the engine bay. When I bought them, the salesman said after I see if they fit to send them back for a free ceramic coat. I might still be able to get that for you.
Let me know?