: can i kill an almost new 780cca wet battery

RADARB8
06-21-10, 03:49 AM
I did a search but didn't find anything....Anyway I bought a new 780cca Max
battery and maybe 5 times i let it sit for a week or 2 and the battery is dead.
Yesteray, i hot shotted the 06V and drove it. Within a minute my GPS displayed about 13.4 and said OK.....So i drove it for at least 25mins. i got home and at idle it still read 13.5.....I shut her down took the key out got out check all my lights and inside lights....then i jumped in turned the key to start and the GPS read 10.5 and said low voltage or low battery...I tried to start it and it just did the clicking noise thing again...My guage says it's charging and fully charged but,,,,,,when i shut her down it won't start up...
The battery only has probably 300 miles on it...since i got it in Dec...could i have killed it by not using a trickle charge and letting it sit too long??? or what in the heck could be causing the battery to drain:alchi:ps: i have AEM and a MSD Blackhawk gauges...The lights seem to be going out after i shut the door...So i don't think i am drawing any current from the gauges:confused:

heavymetals
06-21-10, 03:52 AM
7 months sitting ain't good for it at all.

RADARB8
06-21-10, 02:51 PM
7 months sitting ain't good for it at all.

Yeah, it's under full waranty..Either today or tomorrow I'm gonna take it back to Walmart and have them check it..I'm sure i killed it. I hope that's all it is..
cause I'll get a free exchange. I need a drink:alchi:

Aurora40
06-21-10, 08:01 PM
Just FYI, but driving the car to charge the battery is apparently tough on the alternator. If you have a trickle charger, that might be a better/safer way to pump it up. That could just be a wive's tale, though, I dunno. But looking in the engine bay, the battery looks pretty easy to pull out, the alternator not so much.

Stepside
06-21-10, 09:32 PM
:yawn:Just bring it back to 'wally-world' and get a 78-N. They will give you full credit if it's under 3 years old and make sure you have your old receipt. I just went through this a month ago. Don't even screw with the charging, since it is still on warranty.
:vulcan:
:wisdom:

RADARB8
06-21-10, 11:47 PM
:yawn:Just bring it back to 'wally-world' and get a 78-N. They will give you full credit if it's under 3 years old and make sure you have your old receipt. I just went through this a month ago. Don't even screw with the charging, since it is still on warranty.
:vulcan:
:wisdom:

thanks jr.good idea!!:duck: I'll be there tomorrow. Get the new battery and keep a close look at anything that mught be draining it..Might be the Mike N. gauges or the stereo system he took out b/4 i bought it..:wisdom: