Cadillac Owners Forum banner

First Track Time in V

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  georgesr 
#1 ·
I was at Gingerman Raceway, in Michigan, on Saturday and did about 15 - 18 laps, and was very impressed! I'm still deciding on Sport vs. Manual, but will go again in August. The brakes never faded, even though they showed over 600 F rotor temp after the runs! After I pumped the Recaros all the way up, they held me in like a glove. The ONLY thing that got me was the tire wear. I showed up with 8/32s, and left with the rears down to 5 and the fronts just over 6! So this wear occurred in about 35 miles!!!!!! These things do grip, so I guess that's the price we pay! Overall, I was very impressed having come from a Pontiac G8 GT with a LOT of experience.

#2 ·
I was at Gingerman Raceway, in Michigan, on Saturday and did about 15 - 18 laps, and was very impressed! I'm still deciding on Sport vs. Manual, but will go again in August. The brakes never faded, even though they showed over 600 F rotor temp after the runs! After I pumped the Recaros all the way up, they held me in like a glove. The ONLY thing that got me was the tire wear. I showed up with 8/32s, and left with the rears down to 5 and the fronts just over 6! So this wear occurred in about 35 miles!!!!!! These things do grip, so I guess that's the price we pay! Overall, I was very impressed having come from a Pontiac G8 GT with a LOT of experience.
Wow! It took me a year of street driving to wear that much off! It sounds like they're at the perfect depth to start your next track session though :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.