Cadillac Owners Forum banner

fender skirts!

Tags
caddy
900 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  underConstruction 
#1 ·
Hi guys...
I just rescued a '75 calais from the weeds... hopefully I can get some pics up soon... Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here... The rear fender skirts are pretty well shot. (rust) Actually, they dont look too bad on the outside, but the rotating rods on the udersides feel like they're just going to fall off.... I have no idea how they're even holding themselves on. Anyhow, is there maybe a trick that someone has figured out how to attach these things? (besides replacing them...) I should point out that I have no intention of 'restoring' the old girl, just want to get her in one piece and drive her!
Thanks for any help! BTW, I'm new here as this is my first caddy... But I've always loved 'em!

#3 ·
I just bought a pair off ebay for my 76
Cost me $75 the pair and they were the right colour too
Just need to find some stainless/chrome trim to finish them off

You could always delete the holders and find another fitment method that works if your budgetting
I saw a set of fancy locks once that replaced the thick steel wire but can't find the link

#4 ·
Yeah... I can probably figure out a way to hold them on with some of the stuff I have laying around the garage! ;-) Love the '69s outsider... My '75 is a little newer than I initially wanted to get, but the more I look at the car, the more I like it!!!. As soon as I figure something out with the skirts, I'll post a pic of the result... Should be interesting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.